PDA

View Full Version : 300ex shocks?

fmftrx300ex
01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I have a 300ex with mild engine work and i read and beleve that you souldnt put all ur money in to the engine so i want to upgrade suspention...i cant afored brand new elkas or long travle a-arms...so i was wondering if i could use 400ex shocks and if they would be an improvment over my stock 300ex shocks... What i want is a little bit higher ride hight . i also want to replace all shocks inclding my rear...is it posible ride heights not really important but an extra 1/2 an inch would be sweet. i ride rocky trails and some high speed stuff so cant put me to high up...well any help is great... all i want is to know wht shocks i can put on it... thanks alot

300exOH
01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
400ex shocks will fit with a shock mount bracket and retain the factory ride height. You can get the brackets off ebay or JB racing sells them and I think Hetrick does also. Stock 400 shocks aren't all that much better than the 300ex shocks but you can pick up some 400ex works shocks used for cheap and have a much better setup. 01 raptor shock will bolt up in the rear and other years can be made to fit with some modifications.

Do a search on here...there is TONS of info on the subject.

fmftrx300ex
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
wht yamaha raptor...wht cc?
thnks tho

300exOH
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by fmftrx300ex
wht yamaha raptor...wht cc?
thnks tho

raptor 660...sorry I keep forgetting that yamaha has more than one rappy.

fmftrx300ex
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
thnks alot... I found an 03 for lik 90bucks so ur sayin il have to mod it alil? how? like will i have to grind it down or somthing ...will it Put my backend up a lil down a lil or bout the same?
thanks again

300exOH
01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by fmftrx300ex
thnks alot... I found an 03 for lik 90bucks so ur sayin il have to mod it alil? how? like will i have to grind it down or somthing ...will it Put my backend up a lil down a lil or bout the same?
thanks again

With the 01 raptor shock the only mods are maybe a couple of washers but with 02 and up you will have to remove one of the frame tubes that lead to the airbox. I'm not positive but I think it will lower the rear just a bit. I would search the subject on here before buying anything. I would give you more info but I have not done the raptor rear conversion myself.