PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stock 44" a-arms

backinsaddle
01-15-2008, 08:12 AM
I want to widen our 50 to the 44" a-arms. Anyone have any take-offs they want to sell?

thanks, Mark

Nichols Atvs
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Is it an 2008 or 2007and Which version do you have can you take the spark plug out with any problem or is it hard to get out did it have silver or red front shocks .I may know of a set of arms and shocks off a late 2007 which will fit the tihrd version of 2007 and 2008 just need to get ahold of him hes on vaca .ill see what i can do for you .And let you know .

jetski_dawg
01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
after the FTR race this past weekend..id keep the narrower a-arms on..

hotquads1
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
***Don't report threads if you intend on gaining business for yourself***

backinsaddle
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Nichols, thanks for the help. it's an 07 with the red shocks. I'll have to check the spark plug access tonight. I think both my 50 and 90 it's a pain to get at the plug, but in case I'm confused, i'll check later. By the way, I'm also looking for the tie rod ends

jetski, i hear you. that was a tight track. from what i could tell, once the kids made a lap or two there were very few hang-ups. i think my kids got stuck on a tree once or twice on the first lap or two, but they seemed to do fine after that. How did your kids do? Was your daughter in pink? I need to catch up with you at the next race and put a face to a name.

The reason I'm changing is because I'm getting better performance from the Elkas on the wider/longer 90. The 50 seems stiff. I'm assuming the difference in the suspension geometry between the two is causing the difference in ride. If anyone has any better suggestions, let me know

jetski_dawg
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
this is my daughter.. she hit a tree pretty bad before the judges and knocked the wind outta her..the front tire caught it and spun the handlebars into her just under her chest protector..it left a pretty big bruise..BUT.. i was proud of her that after the EMS checked her out,still having tears roll down her face, she took off to finish the race.... the plan was to race there in the morning and catch the points race at sunshine MX that evening..i took her and her mom back home(since she was till in pain) and went with my son to sunshine..we had the doctor check her out and thankfully it wasnt serious... she ended up last but my son finished 6th out of 12.. him and some other kid tangled up at the start and took out one of the kids grandma.. they did pretty good for their first FTR race

jetski_dawg
01-16-2008, 09:03 AM
heres my son there at the ftr race

backinsaddle
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
I remember seeing your daughter, she definitely can ride. Glad to see she's o.k. I don't remember if I seen your son riding? There sure are a lot more DRR's this year as the year has progressed, at the beginning of the season there were only a couple, now there's a field of them out there.

My kids didn't race, only practice. We overheated the 90 during practice (at ECP now getting looked at), and the little guy didn't want to race if his brother wasn't racing.

Was this your first FTR race?

jetski_dawg
01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
yup this was our first race.. thats awesome your little one didnt want to race if brother couldnt... not my two..i have to keep sharp objects away from my two if they are near each other..j/k.. but everything is a race between them.. race to the truck..race to the house.. race to finish dinner...ugh.. my daughters quad got too hot also and i have to replace the head gasket now... i liked the different classes that was more for age and skill level..but i wasnt real happy with the course.. it was "follow the leader"with no places to pass (which is why my daughter hit a tree) and the palmettos was hanging up the little ones.. the ones that did good from what i seen was the stock polaris and etons.. if we race another one, ill put my daughter stock a-arms back on her 70ccAdly.... ive noticed too that alot more DRRs are showing up at all the tracks

dblacks
01-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Nichols ATV emailed me and I just got back from vacation. I have a set and will have a 2nd set soon. Neither set have been used

Let me know if your interested.

Dana
207 841 6773

I will have a complete set up of DC suspension with Elka's off the quad and ready for sale soon as well if anyone has any interest in it. Not much time on them, 3 or 4 races and some practice. Shocks all valved for a 70lb rider

kenjolly
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I have a set, and im sure a few other parts