PDA

View Full Version : High Compression Blaster

sales8807
01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I was thinking about running high compression on my blaster. I was considering the Vito's High Compression Top End Gasket Kit. What else would you all consider to make this kit better overall.

Modifly
01-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I ran it for the Standard class i used to run in for that little edge, really good gasket, lasted a good long time aswell! i would recommend it! but it dosnt give hardly any noticable improvement buh.. every little helps.

420ripper
01-26-2008, 03:22 AM
would you recomend a stroker kit with a high compression piston? i was thinking about doing this for my engine rebuild.

machwon
01-27-2008, 05:08 AM
A stroker kit would add cc's but would be a custom build motor to get it done right. You will be surprised what stock cylinder porting, cylinder work and head work can do for a blaster. I've done several of them and the guys I've done them for said they will pull Vito's 240 kits and 440ex's no problem. Like modify said, you won't see much gain from an doctored up piston and gasket kit. You're just better off sticking with a regular priced piston and get the cylinder and head done right.

Hitt99
01-27-2008, 05:26 AM
What kinded of porting works best, mx? I was thinking about doing this to mine.

machwon
01-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Porting comes with many different versions, some call it mx, dune, drag,etc. or other will do it in stages I, II, III, IV. Porting is done to compliment your riding style and the exhaust system that you will be using. If you do short track mx stuff you will want porting with more emphasis on midrange (blasters, like banshee's don't have much bottom end power). If you do TT racing, dunes or drag racing you will want more upper midrange and topend power. Hope this helps, let me know if I can help you out.

Hitt99
01-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Is there nothing to help with bottom end on the blaster? And what is the price range(in general) for mx porting? I mainly ride mx and very agg. trail.

beaubs
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
There is ton you can do to a Blaster, everything depends on how your riding it.
If you increase your compression you might need to run race gas.
You can change your jetting to increasse you bottom end, stock pilot jet is 32.5, I've been running a 20 i've also increase my main, what that does for me is puts me in the pipe sooner...
You start getting to crazy you may also have to run a modified stator plate so you can adjust your timimg, and if you want more RPM responce you can also balance your motor with out the crank counter balance.

it all = how much do you have to spend and how fast to you want to be?

I have a ported/polish jug and head if your looking to buy