PDA

View Full Version : I Got It.. Fury 2

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 07:03 PM
Hey. I stopped at Wal-mart tonight and got fury 2. Its not as good as I thought.. Theres like 15 songs on it so the repeat crap will get annoying again. The freestyle is pretty wierd.. it looks fake but oh well. This time the game acually gives you compitition.. I only see a 400, 300, 250 and Kawasaki crap.. but there are some sweet quads to unlock.. Like a nacs racing one and all these other racing ones.. I dont see a raptor or cannondales but there is some patriot thing that looksl ike a cannible. But I;m sure you get more stockers later on or something. The game plays pretty much the same but you have to do all this freestyle to get points to earn atvs, tracks, games, and rider apperal. This game seems kinda commercialized though cuz you like race through rivers and freaking going over like industrial bridges. But its a decent game.. BUNCH OF TRACKs..

So for all you who don't have it.. I would recommend due to the online factor and its only 40 bucks at waly world. Well I better get back to playin.

Wired
11-13-2002, 07:05 PM
damn thats exactly what i didnt want to hear.... :( hopefully the game still is awsome, i dont like to hear about the commercialized crap. good review though... thanks for the heads up :macho

11-13-2002, 07:06 PM
What quads do you get to start out as?

Atreyu
11-13-2002, 07:07 PM
they dont have the Z's KFX's cannondales? i figured it owuld be better...

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 07:17 PM
They have the Kawisaki 400.. i dont think they have the zuki..

its cool cuz you can put your name on the back of a jersey and put your race # on the quad.. I got good ol 48 on a red talon.. its pretty bad... But the ocmputer puts equal comp with the quad you pic.. so if i take the 250ex i dont get blown away. This game gets really freakin hard.. I think no one can beat this one in a day. ithas nationals.. supercross..enduro.. freestyle. Each one has a normal and expert difficulty..
then it has pro -nat - super -free- enduro.. each with normal and expert..

one cool thing i noticed is on the supercross it acually has starting gates.. that you can hitif you F** up..

Im readin the instructions and it looks like pimped out 400's and other things like you can update em but it doesnt say anywhere in the instructions.. i cant confirm if you can pimp em out on the way..

All i can say is guys we will have SOOOO much fun on the online player stuff.. Sorry if this is makin you want it more and more .. but just tryin to let yall know.

cheetah
11-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I went to our wally world and called are k-mart and another wally world outside of town and they didn't have it yet. They talked to me like I was crazy or something.:mad: Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Jimmah
11-13-2002, 07:41 PM
I got it today, it's not bad but it's not earth shattering either. There are 400EXs, 300Ex, 250EX, KFX400, Lakota, DS650. Then there are made up quads. My fav is the "G Ride" It looks like a Gold 250R with dubs. I was suprised no banshee or raptor. If someone wants to play online IM on JChris7668.

lildude
11-13-2002, 07:41 PM
ya i know i went to walmart toys are us and another game place in the mall and they didnt have fury 2 and plus no internet adaptor they said that so far sony has only made 1 internet adaptor for every 10 ps2's they sold......

Ryan
11-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Well I just want to know if it is cooler than the first ATV FURY. I have heard really good things about it untill you came on and ruined it for me, but thanks for warning me atlease. If it is cooler than the first one then I will get it. I loved the first one it was awesome. How do you hook it up online anyway and is their dunes and stuff like in the first one, Like wide open area's where you can just ride? thanks

cool 300ex
11-13-2002, 07:45 PM
Man i was thinking this game would be better.I don't think my walmart has it yet.I am going to have to check.

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Ryan..

Its definatly worth getting.. In some ways its better than the 1st one.. DEFINATLY the playablilty..
But the G-RIDE is pimp.. a completly gold 250r.. its pretty fast too.. haha

BUT IT IS BETTER THAN #1.. just i figured itd be completely awesome.

D-4our
11-13-2002, 07:49 PM
i think it would be pretty sic if they made it so you can earn money and by parts for the quad. like fmf pipes, carbuerators, a-arms, and all the good stuff just like on gran turrismo.

11-13-2002, 07:50 PM
can u do donuts

Wired
11-13-2002, 07:50 PM
i might give wally world a call in a few minutes to see if they have it yet, ive been calling all day around here and no one has it, but you never know...... i cant wait

Atreyu
11-13-2002, 07:55 PM
how would you rate it compared to fury 1?

Ryan
11-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Yeah I know what you are saying. You thought it would be totally different but it ended up being pretty similar to the first one. I still want to get it and I got to get that adaptor for the internet. How much does that cost by the way? I am still gonna get the game too and I really like that new carmera view in it! The one with the handlebars. Well I hope I like it. Im not sure if any of you of heard or played the first ever orginal atv game, it was for PS1. IT was terrible! None of the atvs where real and it was so stupid there was only one jump in the game. When they came out with atv fury1 for ps2 then is was like a hole other thing. It was great! Its also a good advertisement for atv racing!

Well enough with my history lesson....

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Fury 1 = 8
Fury 2 = 9

You won't be blown away with it, but its sick.. The quads kick.. Laeger Race Quad.. **** yeah Nacs Race Quad **** yeah K&K Race Quad **** Yeah... Trinity Race Quad **** YEAH..

Jimmah
11-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Correction, Quad Wars for Sega genesis was the first quad game:D The adapter is $40 bucks and you get Twisted Metal Black Online free with it (gotta mail away for it though). If you like Playing games online get Socom....Excelent game.

anyone know where i can order it online?

trueblue450
yeah i forgot the first person view is pretty killer.. i does seem like your on the quad (i know corny) but its sweet.. i was gonna buy the i-net adapter but they were out.. he said it was 40$.. not to bad since im sure ull use it on other games but it will be worth it just for this game if we get a bunch of people one here.. (i esp. wanna be wired on the freestyle HAHA)

Wired
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
Laeger Race Quad.. **** yeah Nacs Race Quad **** yeah K&K Race Quad **** Yeah... Trinity Race Quad **** YEAH..

thats all i needed to hear! :D

11-13-2002, 08:04 PM
what was quad wars?

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 08:15 PM
OK i take most of that back.. I just played freestyle for the first time.. it kicks ***.. not only do you ride on the normal land, they have huge freestyle tracks.. these jumps are great.. and the freestyle kicks.. you can do holymans and cat nacs and disco nacs.. this game is a 10... dude.. im playin some more.. GET IT FOR SURE..

Wired
11-13-2002, 08:20 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ryan
11-13-2002, 08:25 PM
Thats what I wanted to hear. Oh yeah , I did not know they made the atv game for sega. But im sure it probably sucked anyway! I can't wait to get atv fury!!!!!!2

Jimmah
11-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Hey now, don't diss it till you try it! Quad Wars was awesome back in the day, I didn't know how to play vidoe games but I spent many hours just crashing.:devil

YamaWarr0121
11-13-2002, 08:36 PM
ill be online tomorrow after school on the name LERIC
i wanna race some people on my trinity 250R it really rips haha

Ryan
11-13-2002, 08:48 PM
I played the one for Playstation 1 and I thought is was so terrible. It was fun to mess around but you couldn't even crash. And I liked more games for sega when I had it then for PS1

trueblue450
11-13-2002, 08:59 PM
My friend still has quad wars for sega.. it kicks.. HAHA..

But anyways. i just got the curtis sparks quad.. IT KICKs.. this game kicks.. sorry that you guys dont have it. You;ll love it. Im pulling off Holymans to disco nacs.. its great.. WHOO i love the freestyle its alot beter thant he origina.. none of this up left crap.. you guys are gonna love it..

loganB
11-13-2002, 09:00 PM
What are holymans.
:confused:

Nausty
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
heres a pic of a holyman

lildude
11-13-2002, 09:22 PM
i cant wait to get this game....i should have the game tommarow night but i wont get teh adaptor until i can find one everywere i go its sold out

CHAUNCY
11-13-2002, 09:24 PM
i think ill be gattin this game for Christmas

PinkFlame26
11-13-2002, 10:03 PM
i got it tonight. i'm was trying to sleep and my dad wouldnt get out of my room. lol. i think it's pretty cool. there's a bunch of new tricks and they're harder. it's funny, i jumped into a river, i was about 20 feet or so submerged and i kept going. that was really funny. you can't jump as long and high and stuff. my long jump is 193 with first 250R you can get. i think it's going to be fun. there is mud and you can get it dirty and stuff.

there are a lot of championships and ameteur and pro, i think it's cool there's supercross too. i haven't check that out but i like the semi-realistic jumps.

PinkFlame26
11-13-2002, 10:03 PM
AHHHHHHH! need to change screen names!!!! i'm tired of her using my computer:grr :mad:

loganB
11-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Thanx Nausty.:)

NewZowner
11-14-2002, 12:14 AM
anyone that has this game and a a04 burner id be interested in talkin to ya.. email me @ yamaraptor1@msn.com

2qk4u
11-14-2002, 01:51 AM
does it have any dunes on it?

11-14-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 2qk4u
does it have any dunes on it?

Yes...I made a comment already in the other thread I started yesterday,. the game kicks arse I think. Much better than fury 1,,you won't be dissapointed if you buy I garauntee it. The more tricks you do and better you place in each race of whatever series gives you profile points..these are what ya need to unlock more quads, riding gear of all kinds,,its' saweet.

Ben
11-14-2002, 07:38 AM
So what is the consensus guys? Vice City or Fury 2? I am picking one up today. Is it easy to hook up to online play? If I am playing, and someone else is playing with me on my PS2, can we both play, at the same time, against others online?

bmf400ex
11-14-2002, 08:20 AM
overall, its better than fury 1, different but better, graphics are better but not a huge difference except on the menus. I already beat the amature championship on a stock 400ex. well actually i beat everything except the last challenge on the freestyle, best i could get was 30k in the time allowed. I now have the CT racing quad, but as soon as i could unlock it it was 11:00 and i had to go to bed. The computer is very very tough if u suck. my advise is to do a freeplay run of all the available tracks just once through, then go to championship. oh ya by the way the I found the very first CHEAT.
you can unlock all the ravage quads but doing the training, just complete it and it unlocks all the ravage type quads. a monkey can do the training course. if your any good at the first one, you will be a natural within a couple races and be able to beat the ameture championship the first time through.
this game has a ****load of tracks and many many more to unlock. there is a banshee on there and i bet there will be a code for the Z and other quads as well. i am searching far and wide on the net this morning for codes, though i doubt there are any since the game is only 2 days old.
well i know what i'm doing this evening :D

knighttime
11-14-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Ben
So what is the consensus guys? Vice City or Fury 2? I am picking one up today. Is it easy to hook up to online play? If I am playing, and someone else is playing with me on my PS2, can we both play, at the same time, against others online?

Ben come on dude, buy the ATV game, unless your sick of ATV's or somethin :eek: :confused:

cheetah
11-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Well, I called my local wal mart this morning and they said they probably won't have it until after the 17th.:grr Makes me think somebody is holding out. No one else around here has it yet either.
:grr :grr :grr

400exTN
11-14-2002, 10:51 AM
This games is sweet. The freestyle tricks have doubled. It has a lot of tracks MX, Enduro, Supercross, etc...The Sparks, K&K, Trinity, etc.. bikes look awesome. The gear is more detailed. Anyone who purchases the game will be satisfied.