PDA

View Full Version : help with a bad hot cam

BossmanEX
01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I got my wheeler back today and the cam was bad. I was told that hot cams had a recall on these cams and would replace mine. Any of you guys out there had any experience with this situation? If so how did you contact hot cams and how was it handled? did you have to provide a reciept or anything? Mine is one of thereally older models with a splined gear hub and no keyway and I want to replace it with a new one with the keyway. Thanks in advance for any help.

AutoRoc
01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Also interested...I had one trash the splines..

Pushing quad=NOT COOL.

bansheemorphine
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
i wrecked mine, no warranty tho i ended up having to just buy a new cam

dariusld
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
How old is that cam?

BossmanEX
01-18-2008, 05:58 PM
My wheeler is an 01 model and I only had it mybe a year or more before I put the cam in it. i was told that the age of the cam didnt matter tho b/c it was a recall and that they had to replace it b/c it was faulty from the factory no matter how long it lasted before it gave out. I dont know personally so i wanted to try and find out as musch as I could before I sent them a letter asking them to replace it for me. so far I havent found anyone that could back this up for me. anyways, I had a stage II magnum cam put in in its place and I like it. it performs as well as the hot cam but now I kinda owe the hot cam replacement as payment for the magnum. cash works too but Im a tightwad! LOL! :D