PDA

View Full Version : Help!

pods_BMOC
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I am in the process of re-building my buddies 2003 Blaster. Is there anything i need to be carefull of, or past things you would have done differently. I have decided to powder-coat the frame is that a good idea? I have the book (Clymer)

Modifly
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pods_BMOC
I am in the process of re-building my buddies 2003 Blaster. Is there anything i need to be carefull of, or past things you would have done differently. I have decided to powder-coat the frame is that a good idea? I have the book (Clymer)

Yeh, put all the bolts in the same places! haha

after rebuilding afew bikes, i figured to have small sandwhich bags with labels on for all your bolts and stuff..

Like a bag with cylinder head with your 6 washers and nuts in.. then seal it up and do another bag with reed cage with your bolts in ect ect!

Are you powdercoating it yourself or sending it away? just makesure you grease the holes in it or put some old bolts in there. (sand blast it first tho)

ehh... recently read an article in QU4D about rebuilding, if its the frame you want to get to and the engine.. you can do it in sections.. Top shock bolt, a-arms and break lines and pull the whole side off. then do the rear just the swingarm bolt, chain and break line and the whole rear end will come off in one. its alot qiicker.. but its good to do it separetly so you can grease and check it all over ect.

got alot ov info on how to rebuild the motors and stuff so just ask..

pods_BMOC
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes, i am taking the bike down to the frame i think i might sand it myself cause sand-blasting is soo expensive these days. then will come power-coat. What did you mean grase the holes in the frame? so i dont get paint in there?

The engine is another story, the clutch will not engage the clutch plates seem to be in good condition and there is endless down-shifting so i think that the clutch forks inside the cases are bent or something else mabie? Other the engine had an exploded piston in 2006 then came the repacement of the cases, piston, and crank. i do not know if this incident contributed to the clutch falure but ill have to see.

I bought a little bolt organizer for all of this like with labels and stuff it seems to be working out perfict.

Thanks.

beaubs
01-28-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah just keep things in order, if you need tranny parts let me know I have a few.

call these guy
www.hardshellpc.com
thet do it all, blast and coat

pods_BMOC
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Thank you i really apprecitate it. I have decided to skip the power-coat, but i might need to hit up that offer for some tranny parts, do you have any clutch-forks?

beaubs
01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I do and some gears, not all of course as racing likes to break them

pods_BMOC
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
What shape are your gears in, he raced the engine last year for 2 races, and i need 3 new shift forks. Thankz

beaubs
01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
I think two of them are junk the rest should be ok

pods_BMOC
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
What shape are the gears in? i am getting ready to spit the cases and i think since im already in the tranny mine-as-well repace the gears. what would you like for a price?

pods_BMOC
02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Bump.

pods_BMOC
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Bump