PDA

View Full Version : Jetting for this time of year

mymastifftucker
01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
You can see my mods in my sig. I am running a 185 main, which seems to be fine during the summer. This weekend it was about 50 outside and my bike seemed to be lacking low end power. What jets do you guys reccomend? and other than the main jet and needle what adjustments are you guys making to your carbs to make these easier to ride?

bloodmoney23
01-14-2008, 02:06 PM
well we cant really give you jet sizes because we aint there in that weather, alt. and so forth. The colder it gets the more you need to beef up the jets. So just buy the main jet kit from bikebandit.com that has the jets i believe from 182-200 for like $20. Then just go to your local dealer and pick up the slows, im guessing you have an 05 or earlier with a 185 so the stock slow is 48 if you are still running it. just pick up from 50-55 or so on slows just to be safe. Then just fine tune the carb for the weather. Once its fine tuned make a log of temp. alt. mods and what jets you have in. So next winter you know exactly what jets you need so you wont have to ask. Do the same when you switch back to summer jets. Just make logs for whichever environment you are in and within a year you will never have a jetting question again for that bike.