PDA

View Full Version : 06 front fenders on 05?

justinh
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Using the search I found a bunch of information about the rears possibly having some issues but I am only concerned with the fronts. I bought an 05 450r that has the front fenders trimmed and find myself only trail riding, etc and want to get a little more coverage. I do have a carbon fiber hood scoop, does anyone think there will be any problems with the 06 front fenders?

j_cyrus3
01-14-2008, 10:57 AM
They should bolt right up. The rears also, as long as they have the kickstart slot.

Your only problem will be the hood might not line up right, I think you have to have an 06 hood for it to work correctly with the 06 plastic. I am not 100% sure on this though. I had an 04 hood on my 06 plastic and it didn't line up right. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

justinh
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
They should bolt right up. The rears also, as long as they have the kickstart slot.

Your only problem will be the hood might not line up right, I think you have to have an 06 hood for it to work correctly with the 06 plastic. I am not 100% sure on this though. I had an 04 hood on my 06 plastic and it didn't line up right. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The hood is what I was most concerned about too. I think it is a quadtech hood, it has two holes on each side at the bottom and one on each side at the top that fasten it to the fenders.

bloodmoney23
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
well if that fails, i have everythign for the front end for sale. Entire fender assembly, hood, headlight the only thing you would need is the brackets. im selling all that for $60.00 plus shipping. there is a small crack in right fender but does not affect anything.

toxicd
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
i know the maier hoods come with holes for the different year models. not sure about the quad tech and such but i figure their newer ones would fit both years.