PDA

View Full Version : District 13 Rider Down

COLTBNME
01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
This past saturday, d29 and d13 riders were practicing for their
ATV race at Cowbranch MX, when a horrible accident occured.
James Sims a rider cased a double and came off his ATV landing hard on his lower back.
He was taken to Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville NC where physicians determined he has broken vertabrae in his lower back. He is going to be having surgery today, and the prognosos is uncertain
as to whether he will have use of one or both legs.
Jimmy as we call him is only 24 years old and has 3 small children.
He resides in Virginia, and it may be 2 weeks before he will be well enough to transport close to his home and family.
I am requesting that we as an ATV community come together and say prayers for him, as well as contact your local Fallen Rider Foundations and find out how we can help support him and his family financially through this time of need.

If anyone has qustions or suggestions please send me an email
dkellum@vaphysicians.com

Proud Mom of Colton Kellum#04
Hetrick TRX125

Pappy
01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
:( we will be praying for a full and speedy recovery

WhiteYFZ
01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
:( we will be praying for a full and speedy recovery

COLTBNME
01-14-2008, 11:11 AM
This is a picture of Jimmy at Birch Creek in novermber for the Hetrick Riding School. Pray for #517 and his family.

Thank You,
Hetrick TRX125

01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
i was there when this happened and it was a nasty wreck. Best of wishes to him and his family!

ZeroLogic
01-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Thats horrible. Get well soon bro best of luck to ya. God Bless.

Hetrick Racing
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
To all that dont know Jimmy and his family they are as most atv riders and family are, VERY GOOD PEOPLE that I am proud to call my friends.

Things like this happen,when we know many many people it seems as if it happens all of the time.
When I hear of these things all that I can do is pray for him and his and for all of those that he has become friends with,and ask all of you to do the same.

Get well soon Jimmy
Be strong
Never give up
We wont

TWISTED DINLI
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
my prayers go out for him. i hope he has a speedy recovery

06YFZ450SE
01-14-2008, 04:57 PM
My prayers go out for Jimmy. I hope he has a speedy recovery...

Jimmy Hare #83..

JJs450r
01-14-2008, 04:57 PM
ya i was there as well and it was a pretty bad wreck prayers have been said

JRP
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
oh wow, i know jimmy. Ive talked to him multiple times while racing with him too, this is horrible =[ I will deffinately say a prayer for him! Get well soon jimmy!

wvspeedfreak
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
He and his family will be in our prayers.

COLTBNME
01-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Thank You for all your prayers. Jimmy had his surgury on Monday night. The surgeons had to use one of his ribs to replace the vertabrae in his lower back. The physicians are hopeful that he will be able to regain enough use in his legs with the help of braces to walk again.

His family is hopeful he can be moved in the near future from North Carolina back to Virginia for extensive rehab.

I am going to establish an account today with Bank of America
for donations to help Jimmy with his medical expenses and his personal bills during his recovery.
I will be giving more information on this later today for anyone
wanting to help out monetarily.

Please continue to pray for Jimmy Sims #517

Hetrick TRX125

Robin Hood
01-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by COLTBNME
Thank You for all your prayers. Jimmy had his surgury on Monday night. The surgeons had to use one of his ribs to replace the vertabrae in his lower back. The physicians are hopeful that he will be able to regain enough use in his legs with the help of braces to walk again.

His family is hopeful he can be moved in the near future from North Carolina back to Virginia for extensive rehab.

I am going to establish an account today with Bank of America
for donations to help Jimmy with his medical expenses and his personal bills during his recovery.
I will be giving more information on this later today for anyone
wanting to help out monetarily.

Please continue to pray for Jimmy Sims #517

Hetrick TRX125

Glad to hear the surgery went ok! He will still be in our thoughts and prayers.

fannin04
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Be strong and stay postiive. We are all thinking about you and wishing you the best. You and your family are in our prayers.

05Z400rdr
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
:( That's really sad. He has my prayers. Hope he recovers 110% as fast as possible :)

Landon

SGA
01-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Prayer said