PDA

View Full Version : AC MX pro nerfs

B.Murphy73
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I am thinking of purchasing the ac mx pro nerfs.Has anyone evr used them.I have found a few reviews saying they are not the best as fare as fit and assembly.I like the look of them.The pro armor looks to square to me so anyone have anything to say about the ac nerfs...Thanks

05Z400rdr
01-14-2008, 06:17 AM
I have them. I didn't ride with them yet, though because I'm not done my rebuild yet. As far as looks, I think they look awesome. As far as fit, I was about ready to throw them away with how hard they were to get on and lined up. We had ratchet straps all over them. If you want a picturem I'll post one tonight when I get home. Just let me know.

Landon

krad119
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I've had mine since mid november. They looked weird when I first put them on, but they grow on you. They offer a lot of protection when it comes to keeping other quads out of your rear wheel. They provide a lot of room in the heel area and allow you to get as far back as you want. I've done about four races and the ITP 6 hour GP and haven't had a single problem. I did have to use a tie downs to get them on the first time, but I think it gives them a tight/snug fit. After removing them to try on the IMS propeg nerfs, they went back on much easier.

B.Murphy73
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM
What exactly is the area that is hard to connect.Can someone maybe post a pictures....

05Z400rdr
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
For me, almost everything didn't line up or even come within an inch. But, with a little bending and ratcheting, they went on. Here is a picture from a week or two ago. I don't want to post a newer picture (with more parts on my quad) because I'm not going to show them until I finish my rebuild. But here it is.

Landon

jherbie28
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
landon they are the same as the suzuki pro team uses right? they look great, nice seat and what are you using for frame guards?

05Z400rdr
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, they are what they used 2 years ago when they ran AC stuff, now I think they run Pro Aluminum or something like that..? But thanks on the compliment for the seat, let me know if you want to see the whole thing and more details on it, just PM me. And on the frame there, that's actually just a couple coats of auto paint and a couple coats of clear coat. I didn't know what to put there since I'm not getting my frame PC'd this year, so I just did that because it was rubbed down to the bare frame, lol

B.Murphy73
01-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Thank you for posting the picture i appreciatte that...I like the look of them how hard is it to bend the stuff to fit?

05Z400rdr
01-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Yup, anytime man. And I guess it's not too bad, if they don't line up if you get them, use some ratchet straps if you have any; that makes it a lottt easier.

Landon

B.Murphy73
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
hey were in p.a do you live i am in east stroudsburg.......If you bought nerf bars today would you buy the ac or what would you recomend...Thanks again

05Z400rdr
01-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm close to York if you know where that is...? Yeah, I'd buy the AC's again; I think their stuff looks awesome. I just wish that they were a little easier on the mounting, lol

FUTheman
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
I have them. Nice overall. Great protection. I did need to use ratchet straps to help pull them into alignment on the front.

01blaster5415
01-17-2008, 07:20 PM
You deffinately want to get Rath there products are awesome and they last and look cool