PDA

View Full Version : wire clean up.

kawi_rider_97
01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I was lookin at the wiring on my kfx today and I noticed there are alot of wires, and it looks like poop lol, I was wonderin if i could take some of the wiring out, like what can I safely remove? I dont have head lights so thats a few wires, but what else? thanks.

cincy250R
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Your probably gonna have too find a wiring diagram and eliminate them yourself cause it is a relatively new quad..... it could be more work than you think with all the fuel injection and stuff....

-Dave

EDIT: sorry i thought this for a kfx450 SORRY should of read the title

kawi_rider_97
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
do you know where to find the diagram?

bryishre
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
try the owners manual on my new quad not a 400 it had one towards the back of the book

bellzbub
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
there is one in the back of the clymer manual. those wires are there for a reason. you may be able to get rid of some but not enough to make it work out for looks. you could always get some wire loom or electrical tape and wrap the wires for a better look.

soberagain150
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
you can buy a manual from ebay for like 30 bucks or so. it has everything u need to know about the kfx400 in there

jherbie28
01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
when i built my kfx in 05 i wanted to do the same thing, i called baldwin racing and they said its been so long since they raced the 400s the couldent remember:p i do know that there is a wire on the clutch if you remove it your bike will not run but you can just splice it to its self, you can remove all the brake and head light system. the only thing that sucks is the return spring on the rear brake is attached to the brake pully and kind of looks stupid with out the wires. good luck there is a lot of stuff you can remove.

also if you do anything that i have said and it ruins your harness let me know and i will send you one i have, you pay shipping:D