PDA

View Full Version : Eton 70 RXL Starting Problems ???

mutau95
01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I bought a new Eton 70 for my son this past Christmas and he's had the opportunity to ride on 3 seperate occassions. Each time it fires right up after sitting but if it is turned off it will turn over an over but never start even with full choke. If we wait for 10- 15 minutes and try again it will start on occassion but not always. I called the dealer who said it could be carbon build up on the plug since I have the throttle screw all the way in. Today I got it started after the usual difficult start and opened the throttle up and drove it myself for 15 minutes to blow it out hitting full speed on the road. After pulling it back into the garage and turning it off then attempting to restart it same thing happens...turning over but not starting.

Has anyone else experience this with a 4 stroke ETON? I wanted to pull the plug which I thought would be visable atop the cylinder head but there is a silver cover there and no plug wire. Looks to be an OHV engine. The bike was also cutting out @ WOT which makes me think it may be running rich.

Any help would be appreciated as this issue has hampered my son's riding time.

Thanks

mutau95
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
anybody have any thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing this?

mxdad423
01-15-2008, 07:57 AM
check you PM's