PDA

View Full Version : 511 or 471???????????

TURBO-530R
01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Please Help!! Should i do a 511 i just dont want to go backwords.

TURBO-530R
01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TURBO-530R
Please Help!! Should i do a 511 i just dont want to go backwords.

OR

sandmanblue
01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Is is really necessary to start a sarcastic thread to showcase those wacky runs again?

There are plenty enough ppl here that can understand that dyno's read differently, even the same dyno from day to day. You have some high reading runs, but it's obvious something is wrong or they wouldn't be shaking all over the place. Anyone can see that.

Unless you are willing to use the same dyno on the same day, there's no point in trying to compare one to another.

:rolleyes:

chad502ex
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Two things:

First, you seem to be confused about how a quad with a bent wheel on the dyno causes 'wavy' readings,... so, allow me to explain that dyno drum rotation and rpm tach readings are plotted against each other,.... and, when the tire hops of the dyno, the rpm will change from the previous drum rotation reading.... actually its should be simple for ppl to understand,.... kinda inevitable for ignorance to shout out stupidity when they have no concept or wish to slander like the the hate crew does to you and other non-members outside techs clan...:rolleyes: if you and a of those few clowns on tech doubt those 65hp runs,.. just wait till I pound a 68-70hp run on 471 displacement.... what will you and those idiots say next when they watch video of a 68-70hp 471??????

Second, I'm glad to read your responses about your latest build. Your responses all seem 'satisfied' and not too defensive. I hope you listen to my only 'constructive criticism', maybe just once. I believe my advice will significantly help your low end power up to 6000 rpm.... My advice is simple,.... ditch the ESR intake and go back to the OEM boot. The ESR intake is tuned for over 6k rpm.... Go ahead- when you get time do some research on the net looking over dyno runs with builds using ESR intakes.... you'll notice that all builds using the ESR has a tq less than 30ft# under 5500... this is because of the ESR tuned length and the intake reflected waves within its tuned length.... I've also done some dyno tested myself and have proven this is true.

sandmanblue
01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Bent rim. Okay, but with the mass of the drum being so much greater than the wheel and driveline of the quad, you can't be thinking that the drum was accelerating and decelerating to such an extent that the readings jumped around so much? I'm not saying that didn't happen, but damn, that's fubar! If so, no big deal. Like I said, Jim has some high dyno readings. I haven't said anything to knock down those results and don't plan to either.

You have to admit Chad, different dyno's read differently and you can't compare raw numbers unless you have a baseline quad that was tested to verify the accuracy of both dyno's.....

Glad to see you other builds are testing so well and that you are posting the data. Data is good. I am not interested in using data (one way or another) to promote or slam other builds. It would be nice to keep it that way on both sides.

Cool?

chad502ex
01-15-2008, 11:04 AM
cool? sure thing...

hey, I wasn't trying to suggest that the drum was the one having variance,... i was suggesting that the RPM is what is changing as the tires hop off the drum...

have fun with your new build.