PDA

View Full Version : Elka Elites?

Sparks425Ex
11-13-2002, 03:53 PM
I was just wondering what is the Difference is between the normal Elkas and the Elites?

I was wondering how much the Elites were for a set of Normal Travels?

Is it worth paying the Extra money for the Elites instead of getting the Normal Elkas?

400exBro
11-13-2002, 04:35 PM
the elites are really really good shocks....

they have titanimum shafts , high and low speed compersion (i believe check elkas web page) adjustment, and they can (elka) can make them either a normal travel or long travel, you just tell them what you want and the long travel i believe is a quad rate instead of the triple rate (or so what i have been told) i am looking at these shocks they seem to prform well, i know someone that will be running them next year and see how he likes them....

Bro

11-13-2002, 05:07 PM
all u guys that run elka ssd tripple rate with comp adjust are those elites or reg?

330exracer122
11-13-2002, 05:11 PM
thats reg..

QuadTrix6
11-13-2002, 06:51 PM
are the elites worth the money ?

Dave400ex
11-13-2002, 09:01 PM
I would say they are. If I had the money, I would get them. Only shock out with low and high compression adjust.

frozenh2o
11-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Yep, Elites have high and low speed compression settings, and the steel shaft is plated with titanium nitride, a gold colored very hard wear resistant coating. You have to ask yourself, are you really the type of rider who likes to twiddle with all those adjustments? Not everyone has the patience and knowledge to get the most from a set of Elites, and are better off (with money in their pocket) with the standard model.

mysticfalcon
11-14-2002, 03:24 AM
The elites are nice but with that much adj. its easy to get your self worse instead of better. you gotta factor in taht its gonna take 3 time longet to get them tweaked in right. the TiN coating is great but if you run shock covers ( i wouldnt spend any money on shocks without protecting them) how important is it. Not to put them down but id rather spend the money on something else

Sparks425Ex
11-14-2002, 05:51 AM
I was told by Jeff @TheOuadshop that inless you are Baja Racing then don't get them. If you are Mx racing or Xc just get the Regulars shocks.

Dave400ex
11-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Just get the standard quad rate long tavel shocks then. I'm not sure if you need Rebound adjust or not. Ask Jeff if it would help.

forum
11-14-2002, 08:41 AM
THe elites are a great item. The titanium costed shaft Reduces heat and is less prone to shaft scratching, Both of these things dramitically will increase the time betewn shock rebuilds. Elka qouted me only $300 Can. More for my complete set of long travels front/back elites when compared to the regs. Yea they would be alot better advantage in baja. But They will help in MX and XC also. Offcourse jeff is right. But its not like theres no point at all to buy the elites for either MX orXC. And they are not that much more money