PDA

View Full Version : Sound off! WORCS 2008 season !!

QuadJunkies
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Were less than 2 weeks away from the season opener ..!
Is everyone ready??!!

WERE NOT !:o :p lol

Hopefully we will endure some warm weather in Phoenix and have decent travel for everyone traveling from afar....
I have a feeling we are going to see an even more exciting season than we did in 07.
For those who are new to WORCS racing, you are going to LOVE IT.. ! Stop by and say hello!
See ya'll in Phoenix! :)

Quad4Fun
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
ready???????? :confused: :confused: :huh :huh
Are ya kidding??? :D :D :D

I'm right there with ya, Im not even close.....
I do know:
1) we will be there, no matter what :D:D
2) I luckily found a trailer to haul our stuff, and others

Still gotta do:
1) Find the gas money tree
2) Find a way to get Haybop a DRR
3) Find the money tree to fix a couple deficienies on Ash's 125
Broken pipe mount
Bad front ball joint
Rear tires. one doesn't hold air
Replace head gasket
Revalve rear shock (maybe)

Oh crap, guess I better make those hotel reservations :eek2: :eek2:

Other than that, we're ready to go.
How long do we have anyway...........
Oh crap.....9 days until we pull out of the driveway.

The best thing is ?????????????????
By the time we get there it will all be good, we will be racing, we will be around good friends and having a great time. Since we are hauling TPQ's stuff, we even get to stay and watch on Sunday, that will be cool.

See Ya'll There

QuadJunkies
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
You still havent got a room yet??
:huh
You better Hustle MR.!! :blah: lol
Im still trying to figure out how to deal with my dyrer that caught on fire tonight!hehe!
We got Kelseys new Custom pipe done today, so we actualy DID make some kind of progress!:p It turned out really nice .Worrying about spark arrestors wont be an issue anymore too.
I just have to still figure out how were going to fit all the stuff in an open trailer! I sure hope we get our trailer this spring is all I know .
:scary:
OMG.. 9 days?? I knew it was coming, but when you are down to days and not WEEKS,its REALLY makes you feel pressured to be ready!
Do you remember anything about water hook ups?If the weather is bad during the drive,I may need to clean them up on Thurs. for Friday photos.
Maybe our paths will cross . you headed down the I-15 in Utah or Nevada?

400exrider0004
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
i cant wait! I still have a lot to do on the bike to get it ready. I believe there is something stuck in the carb and causing it to crap out at high rpms. I hope thats what it is! I was also wondering about water hook-ups as well. I am looking forward the first round for sure. We have a ten hour drive there so it'll be interesting:ermm: ;) I know a lot of you guys and girls have drove wayyyy more than that.

Josh

Ex'r Marlin
01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm in, and ready to go.

Expect chilly weather in the early morning and evening.

I believe the Hampton Inn on Grand Avenue (Route 60) here in Surprise, Arizona has a heated pool...:cool:

Drive safe... And see you soon!

QuadJunkies
01-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
I'm in, and ready to go.

Expect chilly weather in the early morning and evening.

I believe the Hampton Inn on Grand Avenue (Route 60) here in Surprise, Arizona has a heated pool...:cool:

Drive safe... And see you soon!
I think Im just as excited about catching a tan as I am about seeing the racing!!:D
Whats your idea of cold....?60's? lol :p

timmybreakitall
01-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Just got back . Great weather , better people.Had bike issues, some people saved my bacon. With out them I would not been able to ride.

LT80
01-15-2008, 08:22 AM
The question is....
Is the WORCS series ready for BIG BAD ANGELA??????????
Watch out fellas, your going to get roosted.
:D :D :D :D :D

Ex'r Marlin
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by timmybreakitall
Just got back . Great weather , better people.Had bike issues, some people saved my bacon. With out them I would not been able to ride.

Hey MR. SHOWBOAT! Again, I thought you did the race Ironman, how many times and frequently I saw you going around!:eek:

Soo... Will you have your visor fixed before the race?:D :D :rolleyes:

Again, great to see you out there racing... You definitely put on a show for us! Glad to hear that people helped you out to get you out there running.

BTW... I DID NOT need to see you in a towel!!!!:grr: :D :D

QuadJunkies
01-15-2008, 09:45 AM

BTW... I DID NOT need to see you in a towel!!!!:grr: :D :D

Oh please do tell ....:D :devil:
lol
Marlin, can you tell us where the water for water barrels are at? I didnt use one last year so Im not familiar ..
BTW,Harlen will be out again for round one .:) He will be out for a few this year.
Im hoping I recieve my belated b-day present to myself in time for round 2.
My new camera :cool:

LT80-I personally cant WAIT to see Angela out here! She was my mentor when I used to race and I look forward to meeting her and watching her whoop up on the boyz.. :o :D
I think this year will be pretty cool with all the riders from afar that will be giving the series a try and now with factory stepping in it will make it that much sweeter.
This will be an exciting year indeed!

Quad4Fun
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LT80
The question is....
Is the WORCS series ready for BIG BAD ANGELA??????????
Watch out fellas, your going to get roosted.
:D :D :D :D :D

Hey Jack,

Like I said before, we are looking forward to seeing her ride.
Will be cool for the girls to watch her ride with the Big Boys, and roost 'em for sure :D :D

Hope you can make it to at least one of the races.....

Here are three girls that will be watching her closely.
From L to R.... Lil Missy Taylor, Kelsey Lugan, and my Ashley Clinton
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/quad4fun1/0907071124.jpg

Quad4Fun
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
You still havent got a room yet??
:huh
You better Hustle MR.!! :blah: lol

I'm trying, I'm trying...

I've called three times. Once to their main number and twice to the hotel itself.

I think she said they have a room, but..............
Anna keeps putting me on hold :grr:
I get about 1 minute of music, then ring ring ring ring ring. Highest ring count before hanging up so far is.....23
I hate HOLD :confused: :grr: :mad:

Update: 12:50 pm now
I call and no answer after ring ring ring 13 times:grr: :grr:
Update: 2:20 pm now
I call and no answer after ring ring ring 13 times:grr: :grr:

Ex'r Marlin
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
[B]Oh please do tell ....:D :devil:
lol

Lots of laughs... It was about 2:30 in the morning.

Marlin, can you tell us where the water for water barrels are at? I didnt use one last year so Im not familiar ..

Water for water barrels?? Is this something for a motorhome or toyhauler? Let me know, and I will find out.

BTW,Harlen will be out again for round one .:) He will be out for a few this year.

Cool... I am expecting to see him out there too!

Im hoping I recieve my belated b-day present to myself in time for round 2.
My new camera :cool:

I don't know anything about camera's... but it appears to me the pictures I have seen you take are excellent! Thanks a million for taking the pictures... Greatly appreciated!!!

Quad4Fun... or anyone else for this matter... If you are having trouble getting hold of someone at a hotel, PM me with your phone number, and I can go over there and call you to get your information. I can not belive the trouble you are going through!!!

Again, if I can be of any help, let me know.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Quad4Fun
Hey Jack,

Will be cool for the girls to watch her ride with the Big Boys, and roost 'em for sure :D :D

Awe... now THAT is 3 BEAUTIFUL girls I must say!:D

Not that Im partial or anything.. :p lol

QuadJunkies
01-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Water for water barrels?? Is this something for a motorhome or toyhauler? Let me know, and I will find out.

Cool... I am expecting to see him out there too!

I don't know anything about camera's... but it appears to me the pictures I have seen you take are excellent! Thanks a million for taking the pictures... Greatly appreciated!!!

[/B]

Yeah, for barrels.. Do they have a water source for that ?I would assume so, but wasnt sure . Im so overloaded in my truck as it is and wont bring my sprayer if they dont, but I rmemeber how muddy Kelsey got on the unclassified(Timmy, I think you pulled her out cause she got mixed in with all you big dawgs on practice.lol)She was COVERED in mud!

My new Camera will be alot easier for me with a bigger lense to work with . My poor Canon Rebel is about shot .:( Its failed me several times now and I need another camer to send this one off to get serviced. ITs been great, but its time to upgrade! :)

Quad4Fun- I called to confirm my Res. and got threw on the second call. LOL! :o :p
Thats crazy! I hope they are not full so we can hang out at the same pad.

hanes17
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
They have 4 or 5 really low pressure water hoses to hook up to in one area. Atleast they did last year but it was kind of a permanent setup.

CannondaleRider
01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Yes, they have 4 or 5 water hook ups next to the entrance. The pressure SUCKS though....If your running one hose, it's fine, but when every hose is on fully, it's a pain.

LT80
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Jack,

Now that's what it's all about. :)

Quad4Fun
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks a Bunch Marlin for the offer. Had I seen it yesterday I may have taken you up on it......

But, after two more phone calls I got ahold of them. She went to put me on hold and all I said was..NO NO NO NO NO.......
She laughed and wondered why I kept hanging up. Something wrong with their phones we guessed.

Whewwwwwwww. I got a room though...........

Now gotta work on getting Haybop set up with a DRR 70 :D :D
I'm hoping........

Ex'r Marlin
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
... after two more phone calls I got ahold of them. She went to put me on hold and all I said was..NO NO NO NO NO.......

Lots of laughs... :D

Glad to hear that you got a place to stay.

Thanks hanes17 and CannondaleRider for knowing about the water supply there at Speedworld... That is something I never had to get involved with or knew about.

Ex'r Marlin
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Looks like the weather will be in the upper 50's... With the low in the upper 30's.

See you soon...

Oh, and by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA (Quadjunkies)!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :macho

QuadJunkies
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Looks like the weather will be in the upper 50's... With the low in the upper 30's.

See you soon...

Oh, and by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA (Quadjunkies)!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :macho

WEll, 50's is better than what it is here but loks like it might not be much warmer when the kids race . That sucks :(
Any rain projected?
Thanks for the Bday wish! :)
29 for Life :o :D

JDMXKID
01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Any news on what's going on over there?

400grl
01-28-2008, 10:10 AM
RAIN......I wasn't there, but heard it just poured on Sunday. I have raced SW when it's gotten soaked, and since the track is wound in and out of a huge wash......it gets REALLY Deep and full of mud if it rains too much. I heard they had to reroute the whole course to try to keep people out of the deepest "ponds" that developed. I heard it was also a matter of who could keep their quad alive the longest.....sucking water and mud into intakes is a motor killer.....

out4sand
01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
The WORCS crew shorted the course from over 6 miles on Saturday to just over 2 on Sunday. In many place the water was over 4' deep and much of the MX track in front of the grand stands was totally under water.
I have never raced in so much standing water and mucky ucky muddy soup and I'm from Washington, the land of rain. To sum it up in one word, it was "UGLY".
400grl is right, the key was to keep the quad running on Sunday, over half the entries ended up not finishing the race :eek:

adrenalinefreak
01-28-2008, 04:01 PM
WOW!!!! What a race weekend.

Mine started on Saturday. I barely made it to the line in time for my Women's race. I was going by a clock that was an hour behind...next thing you know someone says my race is at the line and ready to go...

I had to throw all my gear on in like one minute. Was all geared up and realized i didn't have my gloves...too bad...no time

Rushed to the line and literally rolled up...stopped shifted to 2nd and Homer pulled the flag...holy crap.. best start I've had though...I was so close to the holeshot...

Ended up racing without gloves and really tore through my thumb but persisted through and finished 2nd.

Sunday was a mess!!! I raced in the production C class and holy crap. I was in first and my goggles broke...so raced 3 lap without....and pulled in for a goggle change at the beginning of the 4th lap and got roosted right after pulling out of the pits so I was without goggles for the entire 4th lap but managed to pull out a first place....also got 1st overall (thats a first for me)

Exciting but so gross. I swear I was looking through chocolate milk the entire race. Not to mention when I was done I practically stripped in the trailer and looked like I was dunked in chocolate milk...so gross...my gear was trashed...

Drove home last night and stopped at the pressure washer and washed everything...yikes

What about everyone else?

Crazy weekend!!

Looking forward to Mesquite!!

adrenalinefreak
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
WOW!!!! What a race weekend.

Mine started on Saturday. I barely made it to the line in time for my Women's race. I was going by a clock that was an hour behind...next thing you know someone says my race is at the line and ready to go...

I had to throw all my gear on in like one minute. Was all geared up and realized i didn't have my gloves...too bad...no time

Rushed to the line and literally rolled up...stopped shifted to 2nd and Homer pulled the flag...holy crap.. best start I've had though...I was so close to the holeshot...

Ended up racing without gloves and really tore through my thumb but persisted through and finished 2nd.

Sunday was a mess!!! I raced in the production C class and holy crap. I was in first and my goggles broke...so raced 3 lap without....and pulled in for a goggle change at the beginning of the 4th lap and got roosted right after pulling out of the pits so I was without goggles for the entire 4th lap but managed to pull out a first place....also got 1st overall (thats a first for me)

Exciting but so gross. I swear I was looking through chocolate milk the entire race. Not to mention when I was done I practically stripped in the trailer and looked like I was dunked in chocolate milk...so gross...my gear was trashed...

Drove home last night and stopped at the pressure washer and washed everything...yikes

What about everyone else?

Crazy weekend!!

Looking forward to Mesquite!!

flyin#5
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
sounds like a good race! i was going to try and make it out there but the rain kept me away. one of my riding buddies (matt motyka) took a 13th in the pro class... hats off to him that had to be one crazy race.

GE4x4
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
sounds like a good race! i was going to try and make it out there but the rain kept me away. one of my riding buddies (matt motyka) took a 13th in the pro class... hats off to him that had to be one crazy race.

They have him listed as a DSQ :eek:

LT80
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Congrats Angela Butler on her 1st WORCS race.
1st in womens A
2nd in unclassified
7th in pro-am

JAKELTR450
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I didn't see schell on the list. did he race? i thought he was still part of the can-am team. or is he just racing itp quadcross? does anyone know?

also who's tuning the motors for polaris, still yoshimura?

ccmuscle22
01-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Congrats Angela Butler on her 1st WORCS race.
1st in womens A
2nd in unclassified
7th in pro-am

Congratulations to Angela! Were extremely proud to be working with her this year. she's going to be taking woman's ATV racing to another level in the WORCS and ITP Quadcross series in 2008. She was very fast saturday and showed how hungry she is to win on sunday in the worst racing conditions anyone had ever raced in with 7th in the pro-am.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

QuadJunkies
01-29-2008, 06:58 AM
WOW!! What a CRAZY WK END!!!
Im still trying to get home !!
We are stuck in Utah ,but headed home today -HOPEFULLY!!:ermm:
Weather was sooooo bad and everyone raced in some NASTY track conditions.
Wait until you see the video :D
Congrats to everyone

400grl
01-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Angela's going to be bored in Women's A!!! I've won races in Women's A before, and she is 10X faster than me.......no woman can even touch her in WORCS or ITP. Glad to see she is racing the Pro AM!!! That's probably alot more fun for her - and she's going to kick some butt in that class!!! :) I think it's AWESOME that she is racing West Coast stuff!!!!

adrenalinefreak
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm actually considering not racing the women's class this year...we'll see..or I might sign up for a third class as Kawasaki does not offer contingency for the women's classes!! ;(

I made some dough for the Production C class win but I would have go double for the women's B 2nd place....oh well....we'll see

Plus more competition in the other open (guys) classes...have to think about that one,,,

kingquad2
01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
Angela's going to be bored in Women's A!!! I've won races in Women's A before, and she is 10X faster than me.......no woman can even touch her in WORCS or ITP. Glad to see she is racing the Pro AM!!! That's probably alot more fun for her - and she's going to kick some butt in that class!!! :) I think it's AWESOME that she is racing West Coast stuff!!!!

When she comes to the Washington rounds Tammy will give her a run for her money.

QuadJunkies
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Tammy will be a good female rider to throw in the mix, so will Julie, Julie was D@mn fast as well this wk end!
Were finally home,never so glad either. lol
Heres a few shots to add to the others from the wk end.
In case ya'll didnt know, Wes Miller was out this race to do a little filming..
I had ALOT of camera issues this wk end and the rain diidnt help any either :(
Our very own Sean Reddish !
http://www.pbase.com/image/92304539/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/92304540/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/92304541/original.jpg
http://upload.pbase.com/image/92304742/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/92304544/original.jpg

Ex'r Marlin
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
They have him listed as a DSQ :eek:

I was told by Team K-Otik's Brent that Matt stalled out on the course, and he was push started by someone other than his pit crew... And because of that, they Disqualified Matt...:ermm:

Matt was looking good out there... Good job bud.

Tina... Great to see you out there!

Hey... All you from out of town should come here more often, because I believe one of you brought the rain!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I have lived here since 2003, and I have never seen anything like that before here!!!:eek:

Thanks again for coming out this way though... I just wished you could have enjoyed Sunday better.

CannondaleRider
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM

I have lived here since 2003, and I have never seen anything like that before here!!!:eek:

Hell, I've lived here my whole life, and can't recall anything to that extent. lol.

Definitely an odd coincidence to get more rain then we'll get for the REST of the year, maybe even the next two years, and it be on a WORCS weekend.

400grl
01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Julie has always been fast.......no doubt!! But Angela is just off the charts in the Women's class.......

I do remember it raining like this once before.....anyone in AZ remember the big bike race they held out there a few years ago?? The first of a supposedly new and HUGE series with MASSIVE payouts? Some kid won a huge fully loaded Dodge truck out there........others won a bunch of cash......anyway, that weekend, it dumped for about 3 days straight. Those guys couldn't even keep their bikes up in that mess.......mud/water up past their footpegs.......it was disgusting. When they fell over....the mud would just suck them in.......so it make it hard for them to even suction themselves out of the ground! LOL!!! Seems that AZ is great for having droughts as long as there aren't any big Motocross races........but as soon as something big comes to town, it's FLOOD time! :eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
There was mud up to the fenders and submerged pipes!I think it rained like 6 inched that day- it was INSANE!! :eek2:
You should see my driveway after cleaning off 4 quads :o :p LOL!

Its great to see the ladies in the Pro Main on Sunday.

timmybreakitall
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Rain? That was a typical dry-spell here in Wa. It was funny to watch the southern boys floundering around on the track like a school of blind salmon going up-stream. J/K ...It was a mess. Reminds me of washugal 2 years ago.
When we hit the off-road section all I could say to myself is " Are you kidding me?" Good thing I have had some practice in that.
PS Tina always has killer shots!

Ex'r Marlin
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Timmy... Can you see okay now?

WOW... Your eyes were sure puffy and red after the race!

Hey... Good to hear that you mentioned your family when you were on the podium!:eek: :D :D :D You made me laugh when you whispered to Josh during his speech too!

Again, great to see a lot of you this past weekend. I wish the weather was better for all of you racers!

See you guys out there soon in Mesquite!:macho

CrackerboyLV
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Great work TPQ! Keep that winning streak going!

We'll bring more eye drops next month!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2233366625_3a3bfa5506.jpg

Sorry you didn't get to use your rock...

CrackerboyLV
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
edited - double post

Quad4Fun
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
By the race that poor rock was way under water :eek2: :eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Quad4Fun
Thanks for taking Kelsey with ya'll to hang out :) Seems like things always stay so hectic there is no chill time for me and Pops sometimes .:ermm:

out4sand
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Check out the video on the WORCS site, it is the only thing so far that has shown any of the XC section. Oh and in the shot you see the MX section, the logs are floating, the KTM banner is easily 3' tall and most of it is under water :eek:
Gooooooooooooooooood stuff!

WORCS Round 1 Video (http://www.worcsracing.com/Videos/atv_final_round1.html)

Quad4Fun
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Quad4Fun
Thanks for taking Kelsey with ya'll to hang out :) Seems like things always stay so hectic there is no chill time for me and Pops sometimes .:ermm:
No problem at all, think they had a little fun.
Had it not been for Mike pushing us to go, and loading most of the trailer, I would have stayed there late cleaning up quads and stuff (like I did Friday night :eek2: ) . All the while having to listen to the girls that are starving and want to go swimming. Just gotta take time out for a little bit I guess.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Some of the Coverage is up.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335538&perpage=13&pagenumber=1

GE4x4
02-02-2008, 06:49 AM
I see in the utility class the winner is said to be on a Honda, yet from your pics he is on a Polaris. Why does it show Honda on results? Also, I can't believe s stock Polaris won. From the pic, the SP looks just like it came off the showroom floor. Even has the stock wheels and tires.:eek:

QuadJunkies
02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I see in the utility class the winner is said to be on a Honda, yet from your pics he is on a Polaris. Why does it show Honda on results? Also, I can't believe s stock Polaris won. From the pic, the SP looks just like it came off the showroom floor. Even has the stock wheels and tires.:eek:
For once, it wasnt me!! :p lol
Im not sure why it says what it does, but according to that #plate, that it accruate.You would need to ask the rider or Sean Reddish himself on that one.I know a couple of the riders who raced just went out to play for a day that also help with the track.
Doing the Coverage makes it tough when your earching for a rider whos machine info is in accuarate for sure.scary:
There are several riders thats profile is out of date or wrong that I came across.
I spent almost an hour looking for a Honda, when I stumbled across his number on a Kawi!

Utility rider Johnny Leach took 2nd.
All the others were on Cam Am's.

timmybreakitall
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
The Mulkeheys (spelling sorry) helped rain prep me and my bike, also from what I was told gave me eye-drops afterword.

Quad racing has the best people on the planet.I wishI could name everyone personally who un-selfishly helped me , but as most know I can't type ( this took me 25min) I would rather give you a hug and tell you "THANKS" to your face.

I thought the "TPQ" sticker on the big rock in the pro section was a nice touch.

Quad4Fun
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
We love our lil TPQ..........

I'm just waiting for you to start handing out TPQ Bobble Heads:D

CannondaleRider
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM

I'm just waiting for you to start handing out TPQ Bobble Heads:D

HAHA!!....The head:body proportions of a bobble head would be about right too!! :p :D

timmybreakitall
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
The bobble head would have to stay still and the body would move all over....(the body english and all).

PS THX Sean for getting all the crud out of my eyes.

Velocity Girl
02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
LOL...a reverse bobble-head doll...perfect :D :D

b-ryan18
02-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
HAHA!!....The head:body proportions of a bobble head would be about right too!! :p :D

I think it would be a little top heavy!

Would it come with Sharpie markers in each hand? A black one for white shirts, and a silver one for black shirts.