PDA

View Full Version : Honda ATV problem

adenney
01-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Okay i know this is going to sound lame ahead of time. I have had a Honda 90CC forwheeler since i was 7 years old (13 years ago). I literally beat the **** out of it for the duration of its life. 2 Years ago it stopped working right and i just forgot about it because i figured it had reached the end of its life. well i am running out of stuff to tinker with so i figured i would play with it and see what i could do. The thing still starts fine after a bunch of pulls. it will idle fine but when you put it into gear it seems to have no power whatsoever. with no weight on it it will barely move but with any weight on it, it will just sit there. So what is its problem? where should i start? What should i change? Thanks

adenney
01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
it smokes a little bit, no more than it ever did though. I left out something though when it started to act up i was actually riding it. it just suddenly lost power while i was riding it and since then it hasent ran right. i think it might be a transmisson issue but i dont quite know how to go aobut it or if it would be worth it. it will rev high but have no actual power it still has some power but not what it should. its a clutchless standard, you have to shift it but no clutch and when i was younger i didnt know how to shift so i would always shift without letting out the gas, it will still click through the gears fine... I dont even know if its worth the time and energy but i figured it was worth a shot. u can get a new one for like $1000 so if its gunna cost more than that to fix i will prolly just junk it.

boosted3g
01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
sounds to me like you have something slipping like the clutch or whatever engages the drivetrain. I am not familiar with the clutchless setup but it sounds like the equivilent of a clutch in a standard quad. Wish i could be of more help but its an idea to think about anyways.

kfx400rider03
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
i had the same quad ansd same problem at one time.

on the shifter side there should be a nut with a flat head scerw in the middle of it im pretty sure u adjust that.
idk which way to tune it cause i was about 10 wen it happened and i got the quad wen i was 6, but i remember my dad adjusting something near the shifter

Good Luck