PDA

View Full Version : chevy rear end

Glenyzracer25
01-13-2008, 10:18 AM
i tore the rear end out of my 85 K-5 blazer, i found a rear end out of a 95 Z-71 for a good price. does anyone know if it will bolt right up? i know there might be a gear difference but im not to concerned with that. thanks for any help.

72 chevelle ss
01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
They're both 10 bolts so it's the same rear end. The one out of the blazer might be longer though. I don't know the exact specs on the off hand.

cdrookie
01-13-2008, 12:25 PM
just because it's a 10 bolt doesn't mean it's the same, ring gear dia changed alot from the 60's through the 90's... check the mounting points and see if they're the same(ie: leaf spring pads) also shock mounts and overall length to the rear.

Pvt. Maggot
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Not sure if they are the same or not, You might want to be concerned with gearing, unless you plan on never putting it into 4 wheel drive. You can find rear ends that fit K5's for so cheap, better to just get one for it. Might be the time to go to a 14bff if you wheel it, can pick them up for around 150 bucks, but then you have to change the front to 8 lug, or run two different bolt patterns. What is the "good" price of the axle from the z-71? Post up some pics of the K5. always nice to see other K5 fans trucks.

Glenyzracer25
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
the gears dont worry me much b/c it will be really muddy before its put in 4 wheel drive. the part that worries me is older model trucks have deeper offset wheels, while the newer Z-71's stock wheel is completly opposite,therefore making my rear wheels stick farther out of the fenderwell. but the price is around $100.