PDA

View Full Version : Back Again!

IOWAracer
01-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Well after riding my 04 Honda for about 8 months I cracked the case so I decided I would get rid of it and I traded for a 04 YFZ450 raced it all last year and it was ok but I decided I wanted anoter quad to build.. I am starting with a 07 Honda 450ER I picked it up as a Left over for 5700 OTD so I was decently happy with that

I already have my shocks which are 18.5 Elka Quad rate piggy back fronts which have been gone through by Colby.
I will be sending the rear shock to him as well.

Will be running BOPP Race Components.

K&K Graphics.

IMS Tanks, Brake, and Shifter.

Going to be going Cheap route on exhaust and trying out the new LEXX which is in Rockymountainatv.com

Tag bars inless Fasst Co. arnt back ordered when I try to order Monday and protecting my hands will be Power Madd with wrap arounds.

I will stick with a stock stem untill its bent!

I will be using Kenda XCF 22/7/10 with my own version of tire ball called POOL NOODLES:devil: They dont even go flat like a TireBall would and in the rear I will be using Knarly XC 21/10/9.

I will be Running PRM skid plates and Rath XC Bumper with his Grab bar...

I pick up the bike mid this week didnt have my truck with me Yesturday when I bought it So if I can get a day off work I will be picking it up!

Stay tuned to the Build and I hope this makes a good PRO AM/ College A GNCC build.
If there is anything you guys think Im missing or have found to work better let me know also I will have some stock suspensionfor sale!

BB

Benjithx
01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
POOL NOODLES

Sweet!

bloodmoney23
01-13-2008, 11:38 AM
pool noodles......cheap and ingenuitive. i think i will try that as soon as my rims come in. Sounds like it will be a pretty nice bike man. good luck with the build and glad to see you back on a honda.

IOWAracer
01-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Yea I am really glad fits my riding style so much better I am excited as hell I am hoping to have suspesnion doen before the first Local in Feb. but i dont think I will...

Yea the pool noodle idea is awsome and works great if you can find the jumb ones they are better!!

BB

bloodmoney23
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
yeah i started my build in novemberish hoping to have mine ready for this weekends season opener.......yeah....due to some companies failures to correctly make some things, it should def be ready for our race on the 26th. But since you are working with a new bike i think you will have a lot less problems. so you should be able to do it.

IOWAracer
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
There is a Pic of it!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/gettinbeat/GetAttachment.jpg

BB