PDA

View Full Version : Possible Motor Problem?

national425ex
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Alright I just tore down my quad for powdercoat and While I was pulling the motor I noticed the oil check glass was empty. So I checked the motor over and didnt see any type of leaking anywhere, I went to where I had it stored, Still didnt see any oil anywhere. I took it for a quick test ride before I tore it down. When I got done I let it cool, then started to wash it. I noticed that the water on the ground looked rainbowish so I just though some gas spilled out somewhere, But now Im starting to think it was oil. I havent really even looked at it yet, so I just trying to get an idea as to what may be going on. Anyone have an thoughts?

pro-rider46
01-12-2008, 06:12 PM
a lot of times when my quad is cold i dont see oil in the glass, but when i warm it up, its all there

mcleod
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
you really need to see it BEFORE starting quad!

lol

hey you only have .89 liters into that beast! if you cant see it in the windows when cold! you probably have NOT ENOUGHT oil to properly lube the engine.

check this quickly! and be sure to add oil next time! probably burning oils.

pro-rider46
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by mcleod
you really need to see it BEFORE starting quad!

lol

hey you only have .89 liters into that beast! if you cant see it in the windows when cold! you probably have NOT ENOUGHT oil to properly lube the engine.

check this quickly! and be sure to add oil next time! probably burning oils.

i have to disagree with you, your supposed to check it of 3-5 minutes of run time, so it is warm, and circulated, and i always have the right amount when its warm, and lots of time, when its cold i cant even see it in the glass.

mcleod
01-12-2008, 08:47 PM
dude! i live in quebec, it's about -20 -25 outside. and i can see oil in the windows!

and NO i dont have too much. i have the 0.89 liters inside...

pro-rider46
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
DUDE!... haha, im not sayin that you shouldn't see oil in the glass, im saying sometimes i dont see any until shes warmed, its not always like that...

rt20ps
01-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Drain and measure your trans oil. It may be hiding in there.

Sjorge450R
01-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by rt20ps
Drain and measure your trans oil. It may be hiding in there.

thats what i was thinking......

kawabunga
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
make sure your quad is on level ground. if it's not, you probably wont see it if it's on a slope the wrong way.
it also says this in the manual.