PDA

View Full Version : Gas on-Carb leaks out overflow

skatrdude20
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey guys I got a 450 carb on my 440. Every time I turn the gas on, all that happens is gas comes right out the overflow line for the bowl. I know this means my float is possibly stuck or something but what do I do, Also my float seems to be set way down. Is there any way to adjust this?

wilkin250r
01-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Three possibilities.

Your floats could be "stuck", meaning they don't move. They pivot at one end, they should move up and down. The solution would be to remove your float bowl and free your floats. You probably have to remove the entire carb for this, so you may as well give it a full cleaning while you're there.

Your floats are designed to move a small needle valve that shuts off the flow of fuel. If some sort of debris gets in the way of this valve, it won't close properly and thus never shut off the flow of fuel. This is your most likely scenario. The solution is to clean out that fuel passage. You may as well clean everything else while you're in there.

Number three, your floats might be broken or bent. The solution is to take it apart, find the defect, and replace it. You may as well clean everything while you have it apart.

If the problem is debris, it came from your gas tank, which means you probably have more still in there. An inline fuel filter would be highly reccomended.

54warrior
01-14-2008, 05:59 AM
^^That pretty much covers it.