PDA

View Full Version : What to look for 2001 Dale???

f4istunna
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I might be adding a 01 cannondale to my collection this week in trade for one of my cars.

Just curious as to any common problems to be on the look out for when i go check this bike out. Ive heard they have their problems but what bike doesnt,
Anything in particular? What's a ballpark price this thing is worth pretty much stock form from what i can tell.

Thanks

tedwilley
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, the prices are usually pretty reasonable for a stock (no upgrades) Cannondale. They can range from $1500 to $2500.
The problems were actually many and varied, from nuisance to major. To be fair they were 5-6 years ahead of their time, and have features that new quads are only just now starting to adopt. Some of the stock Dales run indefinitely without major problems, others not so much. And from what I've read it isn't necessarily about how they were maintained.
I got the bug and did a ton of reading before I started really looking. I was able to pick one up with a reputable (Black Widow ATV) upgraded motor. for about $2800, with a lot of other extras. I've seen the fully maxed out Dales as high as $4-5k
The best place to read up (and ask questions too) on the Cannondale is Cannondaleriders.com. Also, the site is the best resource for stock, custom, and upgrade parts.
One thing though, you're getting a race horse not a farm horse, so be aware of the extra care and feeding that will be required.

f4istunna
01-12-2008, 08:03 PM
thanks for the info. I have or have had just about every bike in the book lol but have never even ridden a cannondale. dont know much about them at all.

Ill check that site out

thanks again

quadracer500
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
where in ohio are you from? i would be more than happy to talk to you about the dales , and if you are close you can come over and check out mine i have two of them.
i live in willard.ohio
p.m. me for phone number if you want to talk.

f4istunna
01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the offer :) Im in Ne Oh near youngstown. I missed out on that one though sold before i got a chance to go look at it lol.

quadracer500
01-15-2008, 07:54 AM
there is a guy in south canton that has several for sale one i know is a great deal i was going to buy it in the spring , but some things came up, engine is a timbo stroker with all the updates also has blaze shocks, i believe he wants around 2800, if you are intrested go to cannondaleriders.com and look for speed2424.
he is really a great guy and will not lie to you.

f4istunna
01-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Ill do that Thanks for the info ;)