PDA

View Full Version : Fox Pants

BluBeaSSt
01-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Im looking into some new riding gear and I kinda like the

Access Pant #04056
Nomad Pant #04058

But Id like something with pockets so when I go out riding or go to the cunes I can take money when we go into town or take my camaera with me, anyways....anyone have any of these? Id like some input before I go blowin my money and then find i hate them.

01-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Best thing I did was get pants with pockets, gym shorts liner material in them and they zip off into shorts. I have the Answer pants like that because it was the 1st company that had the zip off loose ankle pants.

ATV Chic
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Thor Static Pants ;) got to dennis kirk.com. they have a sale right now

ZeroLogic
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Stay away from Fox. I got their pants and jersey and they are so uncomfortable and poor quality.:ermm:

trxwannbe
01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
i agree with zero my fox gear is very uncomfortable. i find shift and answer to be the best as far as comfort goes

BluBeaSSt
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
See i have the base model Fox riding pants and i wasnt something thats a bit more confy now, and i was told to check them out. Ill look into the thor and the answer racing stuff

fatkid400
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
fox used to be comfy and made well but it seems nowadays you can spend less money on a "cheaper" brand and be able to get your monies worth. I have shift now and like them. Idont know if this is still true(or ever was) but a dealer (motox here in oh) said shift was a sub division of fox inc.:huh

NJ450rider
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
hah yuppers gotta love it. SHIFT is owned by FOX and SHIFT makes better gear hands down!!! All my gear is SHIFT only!!!!

Heres what i recommend:

Look on ebay for the following stuff. Might be hard to find but worth it!!(also check out dsr powersports and motosport)

2007 SHIFT squadron gear {black color}(pants/jersey/gloves)
2007/2008 SHIFT faction gear any color(jersey/gloves)

2006 SHIFT Recon gear any color(pants/jersey)

You can wear the Squadron gear as a whole in black and you can match almost any color Faction jersey/gloves with the black Squadron pants! thats what i do!!

The 2006 Recon gear is awesome because its clean simple and to the point. The 2007 recon gear is super ugly i dont like it.

Now look for this shift gear any where:

2008 Recon gear is the best gear Shift has ever made!!! I love it!!!

2008 Squadron gear is okay i dont have any yet.

All the pants listed are over the boot pants with TONS of pockets.

01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
since 2005 Fox went making a cheaper material product at the same cost. I have their older stuff and more recent stuff and you can tell the newer is made more poorly. Thor has always made a pretty good product and I am 100% satisfied with the Answer pants I currently have. I think this year I will be going with the Thor Static combo because Thor makes a great product and the red and black/grey scheme is what I want.

BluBeaSSt
01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Well i have some 07 180 pants and just the basic jersey. So no one has those pants I listed up there at the top?

NJ450rider
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Id have to say most dont fox makes terrible gear!

Flyin-Low
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Yup.. Fox = Garbage.

I had some fox over the boot pants and they fell apart, and were very uncomfortable.

I got the '08 Shift Recon gear and it's amazing!! Haven't really worn the jersey yet but the pants are great, 100x more comfortable and better constructed. I got the gray and red combo though, not sure if I like the design with the devil chick on the leg.

NJ450rider
01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Thats what i have the red and grey with the devil chick. wait till the summer its a great conversation starter!(the devil girl on your riding gear anyways) LOL

BluBeaSSt
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Really that bad huh? Well thanks for the review before i went and blew 200+ dollars :D

Thanks for all the input guys!

KXRida
01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Stay away from Fox. I got their pants and jersey and they are so uncomfortable and poor quality.:ermm:

X3

Yah my fox stuff didn't hold up for anything and it felt scratchy sometimes.

To this day the best two gear sets I have ever bought were thor and no fear. Both are very comfortable and durable. Heck, I still have a set of no fear gear from 2003. haha it finally ripped at the end of this season. The pants frayed and they ripped a little in the front. Had my mom do a little sewing and all is good!

Never again will I buy fox gear... unless it's at a good price.

BluBeaSSt
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Problem with No Fear is I think there close are UGLY :(

Ive been looking into MSR and Answer/Shift her lately

ridered92
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
i have thor gear phase 6 i think gloves jersey pants i love them i also have a honda jersey gotta ride red