PDA

View Full Version : Rear Pulley

rider1234
01-12-2008, 10:51 AM
What would cause the bell housing on the rear pully to turn a rainbow blue. Also what are the internal tranny gears on the DRX 50? And is there a different ratio that works better?

drr5
01-12-2008, 12:34 PM
have you removed the gasket on the clutch cover? if so you will need to replace that gasket the clutch bell is rubbing on the outer cover , check that first

etondaddy
01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
If it's not rubbing.......... your clutch is slipping.

Mike Kozura

rider1234
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
there is a half circle mark on the case so it might be rubbing. I do have a new gasket on there though. What would cause the clutch to slip if thats the problem?

Thanks guys!!

etondaddy
01-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Weak springs.......... what kind of clutch is it. Can you post pics of the clutch bell. Check your PM's.

Mike Kozura

quad1rider
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
well this is debateable but the need for a gasket here is not even needed as for the rubbing you will get that but it is not caused by the gasket its as mike said the belt is slipping Hetrick machines a tapered front that matches up well with a stock clutch which keeps the belt riding to the highest position but changeing the springs has done just as good a job with all stock parts and different roller weights a couple buddies showed me that ... The bluing is from the extreme friction and can warp the bell ..My son had his black before changing as stated above ... but its definately slipping.