PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a chain tensioner

Perazzimx14
01-12-2008, 08:03 AM
I am not thrilled with the stock chain tensioner and would like to replace it with an after market one. What is eveyones choice? They seem to range from $30+ to $70+.

This is only for a recreational riding no racing.

Lance

cheatermtrsprts
01-12-2008, 10:23 AM
JL atv has a universal tensioner that works pretty good. I beleive it is www.JLATV.com.

drr5
01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
we are putting one of the new zts chain tensioners through its paces so far a pretty good item.

cheatermtrsprts
01-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I looked it up. It is actually www.jlatvproducts.com. The tensioner sells for $32.95.

Perazzimx14
01-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I will order one monday morning.

Lance

jd100879
01-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum so bear with me.

I am an owner of ZTR Products and we have developed a high quality chain tensioner that is great for racing as well as recreational. Our website is www.ztrproducts.com

We have taken the time to rethink the chain tensioner and design one that will truly give you the performance you need and desire. What I mean is your chain will not come off half way through the race or out on the trail when you are miles from home and your tools.

ZTR Products has been established with the racer in mind, only the highest quality AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS will be produced. Yes, all of our products are 100% MADE IN THE USA.

Thanks,

James

ecmini1
01-23-2008, 05:38 AM
The ZTR tensioner is the way to go. Very nice product.

jd100879
01-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the support ecmini.

I forgot to mention that if anyone has an issue that you would like to see addressed feel free to let us know. We have a Professional Mechanical Engineer on staff who is talented in many fields.

Not to let the cat out of the bag but we are currently designing a new air intake that will blow your socks off. Thats all I can say for now, more news will be coming in the following weeks.

James

Reimer Racing
01-23-2008, 06:19 AM
We got one of the ZRT Chain Tensioner in the mail the other day. The quality is awesome. The problem with other tensioners is that once they start to bend the chain pops off. Not with this one the shaft the roller rides on is larger in dia. and the chain rides in a groove that is cut in to the roller. Were looking forward to using it at the 1st indoor race of the year at NEMX in Ohio this weekend.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p252/reimer_racing_photos/chain005-1.jpg

hotquads1
01-23-2008, 07:17 AM
ZTR is the way to go, these are the best designed tensioners on the market , can be fitted to almost any situation , more mounting options than all the others. This is the company that produces our new MACH-1 tensioner, we are very pleased. Hi James , good to have you on the forum.
marc

Logan #34's Dad
01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
What's happening James! Glad to have you at ATVriders! I believe this is the most extensive forum you will find. You should get alot of feedback here.
Later - Rocky - Ohio
p.s. Try to change your user name to something like ZTR1 or something that way everyone knows who you are.

bulldogfallon
01-23-2008, 09:54 PM
We really like your torque springs...

They don't soften during a race....

Works just as good at the end of the moto as the start

Everyone should check them out

jd100879
01-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Hey Marc and Rocky thanks for the warm welcome. I am excited about being on this forum thanks to Rocky pointing me in the right direction. I knew there were a lot of forums for the minis so it was difficult to know where to start.

We are excited about 2008 and the new products that will be unveiled in the coming weeks and months. Several of the ideas and innovations that we have aren't even on paper yet due to time constraints. We had to choose 1 or 2 of the best ideas and run with it, one being the chain tensioner.

The chain tensioner has really been the heart and soul of ZTR, that the reason ZTR started up. I was in Branson, MO vacationing one week last year when I met Bill Davis (father of Hunter and Sterling Davis) and he told me the problem with the chains jumping of the sprocket. After several weeks or what seemed like months of work we were able to unveil the tensioner that is on the market now. This is all due to a chance encounter. Now we not only have the chain tensioner but also clutch/variator springs and the variator assembly/disassembly tool.

Bulldogfallon thanks for bringing up the springs. I think this is an area that companies have let go to the way side. The springs that we have designed and built are made out of a proprietary material that is better than titanium for the application. What I mean they are designed to withstand the build up of heat and not break down through the race as stated by Bulldogfallon. Along with the better material we also applied a few processes to extend the life of the spring. If it seems like I am being vague I am, no reason to give out all the secrets. :)

I know there has been some desire for a 1000 RPM spring from Marc and also Bullfdogfallon. The reason we haven't pursued this venue as of yet is the demand. Once we can see more of a demand it will become be something we can pursue.

We take a lot of pride in our products, we will not put them on the market until they have been tested by racers and proven to hold up to those harsh conditions. ZTR is here to build products for the racer, by the racer.

Well I think I may have gotten a lil' carried away, so I better give someone else a chance to talk. Thanks again for all the support, we can't do it with out you.

ecmini1
01-24-2008, 06:54 AM
These are words spoken by someone who cares and takes pride in his products and that goes a long way.

Great products from a great guy. Keep up the great work.

BACKWOODSBOYZ
01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Spoke with James yesterday and ordered up a
tessioner and a couple rear springs.
seems like good pepole,very helpful:)
p.s. has some cool things in the works