PDA

View Full Version : Please Help New To GNCC!!!

atvrider26050
01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I am going to start racing the GNCC series this year.

This christmas I got a 2006 TRX450ER and I have pro armor:
nerfs, grab bar, front bumper, kill switch, and tire balls in the mail right now...

I want to get gt thunder suspension kit, faast bars, hrc kit, hmf slip on, skid plates, handguards, ims fuel tank, hiper wheels, and gncc holeshots...

I want to know how you guys are setting up your 450r's for GNCC racing. ANY POINTERS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

I will be at the first GNCC in Florida and probably Georgia!!!
I can't wait

PLEASE ADD PICS OF YOUR TRX 450R

Thank You:p

Ty's400
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you have a good start. Here are some key things. Skidplates, good tires, suspension (could go with stock rebuilds)

86250rrider
01-12-2008, 08:18 AM
the most important thing isnt on that list...being about to rip for 2 HOURS STRAIGHT !!!!!! alot harder than it sounds for those who havent done it. make your bike comfortatable as possible for you, bar position,seat,pegs,it all helps when you had enough and theres another lap to go!! i kinda like passing people...whether broke down or running.it kinda keeps you going.:D

Dave400ex
01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
You have all of the most important stuff covered. If you get the GT Thunder kit I would get the complete package, a-arms, linkage, rebuild/revalves with rear shock piston. Get some powermadd handguards and wraps to go with the Flexx bars.

trx400exxracer
01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a pretty good set-up you got there! A hrc kit might help for just a little bit more bite. But that is as far as i would go with the motor. You don't need much motor in gncc! Also one thing you might want to get that you didn't post is a steering stabilizer of some kind. Precision is claimed to be the best but is $500 dollars!!! My bro bought one and said he didn't notice a $500 dollar difference! But some people do like it, but you do need a steering stabilizer of some kind!

Your set-up is pretty much like mine!

Sjorge450R
01-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
Sounds like a pretty good set-up you got there! A hrc kit might help for just a little bit more bite. But that is as far as i would go with the motor. You don't need much motor in gncc! Also one thing you might want to get that you didn't post is a steering stabilizer of some kind. Precision is claimed to be the best but is $500 dollars!!! My bro bought one and said he didn't notice a $500 dollar difference! But some people do like it, but you do need a steering stabilizer of some kind!

Your set-up is pretty much like mine!

tell him to start adjusting it because to me, i would pay $1000 for it. Its that good. Keeps me going straight when without it, i would be all over the place. I couldnt imagine going back to racing without it...

Dave400ex
01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
The Precision is well worth it.

New450r
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Are there motor classes because I have a 470 is their a class for me in xc.

QIKLTR
01-14-2008, 12:21 PM
the only displacement regulation that i know of is in the PRO class and it is 525 cc,s

xcracer416
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
you may want a different ratio clutch lever like ASV or something like that. some better than stock tie rods probally wouldnt hurt unless you get a front a arm kit. but it sounds like youve hit the nail on the head.