PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Looks like I am about to make a couple of changes soon.

The first one being.....I'm gonna buy a Dale. I have waited for the bugs to be worked out and for the aftermarket to spool up. Both have happened.....so.....There will be a Glamis 440 next to the EX here soon.

The second.......I am gonna throw my PC in the street and piss on it! I'm gettin a MAC. Updating my site really showed me how much a pain working with a PC can be (Especially XP)

Out with the old and in with the new:)

11-13-2002, 11:42 AM
sweet.....you'll love the dale:)

Str8Wicked
11-13-2002, 11:43 AM
What kind of problems are you having with your PC. I update our site and build our site on PC with no problems. I do tons of graphic work on it as well. The new PC's really keep up in my opinion...

QuadTrix6
11-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
The second.......I am gonna throw my PC in the street and piss on it!

ROFLMAO :devil

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 11:50 AM
I have been using PC's for years.......the bottom line is they suck...they require way to much user input. I played around on a buddies Mac the other night and was blown away at how user friendly it was.

The main reason I am pissed is because of this Schit OS XP Professional.......it is pure garbage.

Sorry for the banter........

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by PAPPY
sweet.....you'll love the dale:)

I think I will too. I am thinking of getting a Moto and doing a Glamis map on it......that way I do not have to dump a ton-o-dough into mods.

MSL
11-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I developed and manage my company web site and their intranet as well and i use XP pro and have no problems..

sorry to hear your having so many problems XP is the best windows yet

beerock
11-13-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
I have been using PC's for years.......the bottom line is they suck...they require way to much user input. I played around on a buddies Mac the other night and was blown away at how user friendly it was.

The main reason I am pissed is because of this Schit OS XP Professional.......it is pure garbage.

Sorry for the banter........

Sorry about how you feel, but truthfully, the pc is good.

XP BLOWS though.
it is to graphic orientated, thats one reason it sux.

most netowrks in the world operate on windows 2000

you might want to format your computer and put windows 2000 on before switching to a MAC.

In the audio industry the MACs rule, but Pc's are catching up. That is the only place Macs are better right now and like I said pc's are catching up.

****, windows 98 is better then XP, professional or not.so instead of goin out and spending 3000-4000 on a MAc spend 100-200 on windows 2000 and put the rest into your sweet *** new quad...

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by MSL
I developed and manage my company web site and their intranet as well and i use XP pro and have no problems..

sorry to hear your having so many problems XP is the best windows yet

My primary problem with it is how much RAM it eats up. I have nearly a gig of memory and the machine drags it's ***** when I am running heavy programs such as dreamweaver, flash or 3d programs.

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by beerock

Sorry about how you feel, but truthfully, the pc is good.

XP BLOWS though.
it is to graphic orientated, thats one reason it sux.

most netowrks in the world operate on windows 2000

you might want to format your computer and put windows 2000 on before switching to a MAC.

In the audio industry the MACs rule, but Pc's are catching up. That is the only place Macs are better right now and like I said pc's are catching up.

****, windows 98 is better then XP, professional or not.so instead of goin out and spending 3000-4000 on a MAc spend 100-200 on windows 2000 and put the rest into your sweet *** new quad...

Oh yeah....I loved working on both 98 and 2000......but I am over PC's

MSL
11-13-2002, 01:10 PM
XP does use a lot of RAM.

Guy400
11-13-2002, 03:40 PM
7, I'm a life-long Mac user but just recently switched to a PC because my company uses them. I can tell you that a Mac is WAYYY easier to use than a PC. The OS is far more user friendly and nothing tops Mac for audio and graphics. Some of the hippest graphics for the big screen are done on Mac computers.

In my eyes, the only benefit of a PC is the larger selection of software and definitely if you're a gamer. But, if you're looking into working with Dreamweaver and Flash than a Mac is definitely the ticket. My father has a new dual processor Mac with OS X on it. I go over there and just marvel at how easy it is to navigate through. Loading new peripherals onto it? Just install the hardware, insert the driver CD and the computer does it for you. No clunky Install Wizard, no selecting files and folders, etc. Another nice thing Mac does, nearly all their peripherals are either USB or Firewire. You can hot swap keyboards, mice, etc. without having to shut down and reboot. The perfect computer would be an Apple machine with PC's software selection (I know you can load Windows for Mac and run much of the software but that defeats the purpose of buying a Mac. The point is to get away from Windows).

Oh yeah, and congrats on the decision to get a Dale:D

Twiztid
11-13-2002, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuadTrix66
[B]

im just gonna hit mine with a baseball bat first then throw it in the street, then piss on it, lmao