PDA

View Full Version : Motor work?

richwynn1
01-11-2008, 05:28 PM
i just bought a dynojet PC and they mapped it for me. i was wondering if anyone heard of making the stroke long on a quad i know they do it to cars to gain horsepower. and wondering what u guys think on my set up so far i got whitebros XCR slip on no air box lid UNI air filter and now the dynojetPC

its a 2006 LTR

asjr39
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Honestly, the Dynojet is a waste without internal mods, such as port work, cams valves, piston. And it should all be done together, if not you will be paying extra every time to have to motor torn down to add a new part.

Big Red Menace
01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes, MaxPower has stroker cranks for the Ltr450. I have one in my '06 and it absolutely hauls. Adds abunch of much needed torque to the Lt-r engine.

richwynn1
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
to the guy who said the Dynojet PC is a waste of money without internal mods..that bull**** i called the company and asked the mechanics where i get my work done and the said by removing the air box lid and changing the air filter and putting a pipe on u need more fuel plus they make them lean from factory so i dont see why u would say that

asjr39
01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Hmm.. Makes me wonder who your sending your bike too. Now I have heard that it will run lean with the cherry bomb, but I practice twice a week for 3hrs each time, I try and race 3 times a month, and Ive done that for the past year and I run that exact setup. (Air box lid off, cherry bomb, yosh exhaust) And I just rebuilt the top end and I bought my bike in January of 2007. And only reason I had it rebuilt is cause I blew an oil line. What I was saying was, without all those mods it really doesnt make too much sense to spend $300 on the tuner and another $150 on the dyno with no internal mods. But I have been known to be wrong before. Pluse I dont think the factory would make them run lean. Thats all the need is a bunch of bikes coming back after a couple of months with blown motors. But like I said I could be.....

Speed_MDS2
01-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Actually, the stock map with the cherry bomb is pretty rich on the bottom end and slightly lean on top in most bolt on apps. With a controller the bike can be tuned for more usable HP. I'm not sayin its gonna blow up with just the CB just that it will run better if its tuned across all rpms and tps. I run a PIM on mine and even with extensive motor work I have plenty of area's on the map were I had to take fuel away, especially in the mid range.

asjr39
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree 100%. But the money to gains is just not enough. With the cherry bomb set up, versus the same with the tuner probobly isnt going to make that big a difference. Now with motor work done, the tuner is a must. Thats all im saying. The money you will spend on the tuner and dyno with a slightly modded motor isnt worth the investment.

jherbie28
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by asjr39
Hmm.. Makes me wonder who your sending your bike too. Now I have heard that it will run lean with the cherry bomb, but I practice twice a week for 3hrs each time, I try and race 3 times a month, and Ive done that for the past year and I run that exact setup. (Air box lid off, cherry bomb, yosh exhaust) And I just rebuilt the top end and I bought my bike in January of 2007. And only reason I had it rebuilt is cause I blew an oil line. What I was saying was, without all those mods it really doesnt make too much sense to spend $300 on the tuner and another $150 on the dyno with no internal mods. But I have been known to be wrong before. Pluse I dont think the factory would make them run lean. Thats all the need is a bunch of bikes coming back after a couple of months with blown motors. But like I said I could be.....

nothing you mentioned(sp) is internal? remove airbox lid, cherry bomb, different filter and yosh pipe. what are you talking about? is your top end stock? or high comp piston. you dont make any sense at least not to me:ermm: not bashing just trying to understad what you are trying to say:confused: the dynojet has a map for removed airbox lid, cherry bomb, filter, and any pipe.

asjr39
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
didnt do anything. New piston, re nickle sealed the cylinder, new crank. The motor is still stock. Had to do all that before I could upgrade and just didnt have the money to do more. Make sense?

jherbie28
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
didnt do anything. New piston, re nickle sealed the cylinder, new crank. The motor is still stock. Had to do all that before I could upgrade and just didnt have the money to do more. Make sense?

so why is the dynojet pc not worth the money or time? it obviously is:p good luck with what ever you decide to do

asjr39
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
read all the post

jherbie28
01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
you are saying that without any internal motor work done the power commander is not worth the money right?:huh but yes it is, thats what your not getting. anything that makes the bike run better is worth the money. like you said you have been WRONG before....let it go:ermm:

the mapping on the pc is what allows you to finly tune the ltr with or with out internal mods making it run at the right temp with the right air and fuel ratio and also what is best for your personal application.

asjr39
01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Agreed. But the price of the tuner and what it costs to get it dyno tuned, is pretty expensive, now the little gain you get is not worth the money spent. Now Im done

jherbie28
02-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Agreed. But the price of the tuner and what it costs to get it dyno tuned, is pretty expensive, now the little gain you get is not worth the money spent. Now Im done

you still dont get it, its not the power gain its making the bike run at the right temp. with the right fuel and air ratio. allowing the bike to performe the best with its applications.

Baracudaaa
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Put some freakin gas in it and go ride, quit cryin.

jherbie28
02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Put some freakin gas in it and go ride, quit cryin.

you dont have any internal motor work, at least in your sign so your yosh pim arent worth the money:devil:

you have to use both that are twice as much as just the dynojet:p

Baracudaaa
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
The only reason I grabbed the PIM was from my intake, it started running pretty lean from it so I had to fatten it up some. FUEL has the maps loaded on his site, so it was super easy to accomodate that part, IMO it is well worth the HP gains. Plus, Yosh is sponsoring, so the price was worth it!

Now go gas up and ride damn it!!!!!

05Z400rdr
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey Josh, you wanna come over and help me throw mine away???? hahaha :blah:

jherbie28
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Hey Josh, you wanna come over and help me throw mine away???? hahaha :blah:

i would landon but its not worth the time and money it would take me to get to your house:p :devil: j/k dude its over

baracudaaa thats awsome man, you are running both moduels right? or just the pim because my understanding was they dont work properly with out both hooked up:confused: ii dont know man, im going with the dynojet myself.

05Z400rdr
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh ok, I'll get my dad to help me out then. haha, jus kiddin round

Baracudaaa
02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
PIM only, not Jet, no CB