PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Bubbles!!!!!

300ex_#387
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I installed my graphics kit about a month ago, and it had no bubbles once I finished. A couple weeks later bubbles started to form ONLY on the gas tank. Does anyone else do it? Can you preven it? You really cant tell from far away, but it just bugs me to see that. Thanks.

NPelletier
01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
i tihnk the chemicals from the tank leak out it messes up the graphics...thats why alot of 450r graphics have the tank graphics with all the holes, which it appears yours doesnt so ide suggest a needle, poke a hole and let all the air out.

416exfreak
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
i tihnk the chemicals from the tank leak out it messes up the graphics...thats why alot of 450r graphics have the tank graphics with all the holes, which it appears yours doesnt so ide suggest a needle, poke a hole and let all the air out.

Just take a needle and poke a small hole in it.

The gas tanks on 450r's let gasses escape and it will form pockets of "air" under your graphics. If you got the dough to burn, invest in a Clarke or IMS tank.;)

tar
01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
take them off! I think it would look better that way but it's not my decision. If you leave them on just take a needle and poke the bubble.

JRP
01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
i can guarantee within a few weeks of riding, those gas tank graphics will be peeling off.

pro-rider46
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
you could take a hole punch and punch holes in it.

416exfreak
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
you could take a hole punch and punch holes in it.

Gas tank...with liquid in it....

Liquid comes through holes...

I do hope you were just kidding.:(

Rip_Tear
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

I think he meant though the graphics, not the gas tank...

Also the graphics will go yellow from the gas, I'd just take the graphics off they'll look terrible when they change colour.

pro-rider46
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

no i meant through the tank, that way your lighter and you go faster... haha, yeah i meant through the graphics

Ron89
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Well I installed my graphics kit about a month ago, and it had no bubbles once I finished. A couple weeks later bubbles started to form ONLY on the gas tank. Does anyone else do it? Can you preven it? You really cant tell from far away, but it just bugs me to see that. Thanks.
I've heard of gas tanks "breathing" and thats why you get bubbles when you paint it. Ever notice the holes on some graphics kits? It doesn't look the best but it reduces the bubbling. Vapors pass through the plastic and get trapped between the vinyl. Try taking a squeegee and pushing the bubbles out first. If all else fails, take a pin, poke a hole, and work the air out.

300ex_#387
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm going too see if I can get Decal Works to make me some vented tank graphics out of there gripper stickers.

Sjorge450R
01-12-2008, 02:18 PM
the only way to help slow down this process is to keep the tank FULL at all times. This will eliminate any extra vapors that cause this to happen.