PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this is for?

djkelly368
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Took apart the EX today to do some winter cleaning and found that this hose on top of the carb was pinched and cut a little because the bracket that holds it in place was smashed down. Anyone know what purpose this hose serves and what keeps smashing it down? There is a rubber protective sleeve type thing on the hose, but it's too big to fit in between the bracket and the hose so it's kinda just floating around on the hose...

f150mann
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
where does it go to?? mine only has one fuel line on the carb

djkelly368
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
It just goes from one side of the carb to the other...

f150mann
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
must be just some kind of breather, i wouldnt worry about it. but i dont have one. given mines a 2001 tho

drew416ex
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Its just a vent hose. The gas tank is what smashes that bracket down.

CarGuy7a
01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
that hose goes to the Air Cut Valve Assembly. the little round vacuum looking thing under the black cover on the side of the carb. what it does it temporarily richens the fuel mixture on deceleration to prevent backfiring.

mine was smashed down too. i just took the screw out that holds the ring on the carb and unhooked the hose, slid the ring off and turned it around and put it back together.

drew416ex
01-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy7a
that hose goes to the Air Cut Valve Assembly. the little round vacuum looking thing under the black cover on the side of the carb. what it does it temporarily richens the fuel mixture on deceleration to prevent backfiring.

mine was smashed down too. i just took the screw out that holds the ring on the carb and unhooked the hose, slid the ring off and turned it around and put it back together.

Thats cool. I was told by my dealer that it was just an air vent. That shows you how much the dealer of the quad actually knows.