PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Central Maryland?

mxdad
01-11-2008, 03:17 AM
We are looking for any trails in the central Maryland area. We are located in Harford County and have a small amount of trails near our house but they are steadily building more and more houses in the area which is destroying our riding area. Just wondering if anyone else knows any places to trail ride in the area? I ride with my son so it needs to be semi legal. I ride an Eiger 400 4x4 and he has a Grizzly 125. I know there are trails in western Maryland and in PA but we are trying to find something a little closer to home. Post up or PM me and we can share some trails.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e47/531dad/IMG_0176.jpg

4punksdad
01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
1.5 hrs to Trevorton, PA :D

mxdad
01-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

We are not familiar with the area up there. Do you guys head up that way to ride? We would love someone to show us around? Let me know.

4punksdad
01-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
We are not familiar with the area up there. Do you guys head up that way to ride? We would love someone to show us around? Let me know.

next time I head up that way I will try to remember to let you know. I would be happy to show you around.

you are welcome to join us to ride here in VA one weekend if you like. mapquest 22630

mxdad
01-16-2008, 08:39 AM
next time I head up that way I will try to remember to let you know. I would be happy to show you around.

you are welcome to join us to ride here in VA one weekend if you like. mapquest 22630

Thanks for the invite!!! You are not too far from Winchester, VA. I was just down there looking at some work near the Apple Blossom Mall. Do you guys ride pretty much every weekend? We are limited to Sunday's until indoor soccer is over at the end of Feb. Let me know and we will make the trip.

gbcap
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
i would offer up what i have but its only good for short laps. not much 'trail' riding. i use it for racing practice.

we have property out in WV, but i don't get out there to ride much. ill try to invite you sometime we go out.

mxdad
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
i would offer up what i have but its only good for short laps. not much 'trail' riding. i use it for racing practice.

we have property out in WV, but i don't get out there to ride much. ill try to invite you sometime we go out.

I know what you mean...we are down to pretty much a "short lap" around here too since they are building so many damn houses. I'll have to take the camera the next time we head out there.

what part of wv is your property?

4punksdad
01-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
Thanks for the invite!!! You are not too far from Winchester, VA. I was just down there looking at some work near the Apple Blossom Mall. Do you guys ride pretty much every weekend? We are limited to Sunday's until indoor soccer is over at the end of Feb. Let me know and we will make the trip.

yeah, we are about 15 miles south of winchester. Drop me an e-mail with your phone number & I will call you next time we ride.

jodirt@4jodirt.com

mxdad
01-19-2008, 05:46 AM
yeah, we are about 15 miles south of winchester. Drop me an e-mail with your phone number & I will call you next time we ride.

jodirt@4jodirt.com

Done! Talk to you soon.

Anyone else still ride in our lovely state??? Still would love to find some places closer to home too!!!

XXX -rider
01-19-2008, 07:41 AM
from harford county ..hmm,..perhaps if your driving 110 mph :eek2:

4punksdad
01-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
from harford county ..hmm,..perhaps if your driving 110 mph :eek2:

and whats wrong with that? :o

It takes me about 3hrs from northern VA with a 25' trailer in tow.

XXX -rider
01-20-2008, 10:06 AM
well Joe ..if ya can get away with it ..81 north

with 63 ft of RV & trailer & driving the speed limit its take us
1hr.50 min :macho

4punksdad
01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
well Joe ..if ya can get away with it ..81 north

with 63 ft of RV & trailer & driving the speed limit its take us
1hr.50 min :macho

where are you located?

that drive time I noted is driving at about 10 over the limit so as not to get any reckless driving tickets :D

also, if I don't keep my gas guzzling Excursion on the pipe it will fall on its face up the big hills.

mxdad
01-21-2008, 06:52 AM
My map program says 2hours & 25 mins for me to get there so it would take me about 2 hrs the way I drive :devil:

Still not hateful if there is enaough riding to go all day but would still love to find something closer to home.

XXX -rider
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
lol maybe 4punks could come over to ya & show how to get there FASTER!! :blah:

4punksdad
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM
lol maybe 4punks could come over to ya & show how to get there FASTER!! :blah:

OH.............I can show you how to get there faster ;)

mxdad
02-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Here's a few pic's from Sunday in the Owings Mills/Pikesville area. Pic's are not the greatest since they came off of my cell phone.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081001.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081008.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081037.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081001a.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081259.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/0210081259a.jpg

We logged about 40 miles. What a great time!!! I can take people here but we have to ride the road for a short time to get to the rr tracks and I suggest 4 wheel drive since there are some big mud holes, ruts, etc... It is also not for kids or beginners. We may go again next Saturday so pm me if you want to try to hook up.

draynes
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Check out the Maryland State Parks Web Site, There are several parks in western Maryland that have legal trails, you need to purchase a permit to ride, cost?

mxdad
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by draynes
Check out the Maryland State Parks Web Site, There are several parks in western Maryland that have legal trails, you need to purchase a permit to ride, cost?

Thanks but my son is only 10 so they won't let him ride the state trails :mad: :mad: :mad:

What part of Maryland are you from?

250rmike
03-08-2008, 10:18 PM
the only place that may be worthwhile to go that is still semi legal is bloody ponds behind fantasies night club in brooklyn i 4 wheel my truck up there sometimes not a whole lot but better than nothing. then theres also the sand pits in laurel but i havent been there in a while and i heard of cops telling people to pack up and leave but i dont know of any tickets being given just something to check out

Frack77
03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
the only place that may be worthwhile to go that is still semi legal is bloody ponds behind fantasies night club in brooklyn i 4 wheel my truck up there sometimes not a whole lot but better than nothing. then theres also the sand pits in laurel but i havent been there in a while and i heard of cops telling people to pack up and leave but i dont know of any tickets being given just something to check out
Wow, ppl still ride there (bloody ponds)? I live about 5 minutes from there. I have heard some shady stories about ppl having their quads stolen there though...

UNBROKEN
03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
lol the name BLOODY ounds give me a bad impression anyway , people getting there stuff stolen makes lotz of sence ure basicalyy in baltimore city , kinda like quad AVE ive heard some crazy storeis...

XXX -rider
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
both spots are old news no nos' !!
..mike should get out more :blah:

250rmike
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
havent had a running bike in a while and no one to ride with anymore there all either doing other stuff or got into drugs and such. :( soon as i fix my bikes im gonna get out and start riding more just got bills stacking up from losing my job

UNBROKEN
03-19-2008, 03:30 PM

were do u ride at thats so cool?

Frack77
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
My bike isnt running at the moment either. i used to live in pasadena , grew up in glen burnie and now live in dundalk. Hit me up if you ever get your bike running.

XXX -rider
03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
^ I am guessing you are talking to mike,but not sure why you are quoting me ..
all 11 of our machines stay in running condition :macho

250rmike
03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
one of my bikes should be up in running soon. got it running but dies when i let the clutch out so i just gotta get some time to get it figured out damn cannondales. the other is in need of a full tear down(mx bike) but this is gonna have to wait till i get a new truck and sell a few of my car projects that i had going before i lost my job a year ago. everythings just been going slow after bills stacked up on me

UNBROKEN
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
^ I am guessing you are talking to mike,but not sure why you are quoting me ..
all 11 of our machines stay in running condition :macho

were do u ride at ? in baltimore area im having hard times finding places

250rmike
03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
just took my bike out to test it around the block. so as soon as i get it all back together and get some time off im up for riding. i have to warn you though ill be alittle slow i havent ridden trails in over 3 years just at the track once or twice so i have to get used to riding again. lets get a date together and somewhere to go and ill take off(weekends only at this point)

Frack77
03-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Hahah i havent been trail riding in 5 years! My bike is still not running. I am going to try to put it back together this weekend.

250rmike
03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
then you feel my pain haha

Which 450?
03-27-2008, 06:07 PM
I live in baltimore county, where atv's are illegal (well more or less) I've given up on decent riding close, Im not going to trailer anywhere close because its probably not legal, and if it is legal, it sucks. I just ride from my house, this way if the law shows up, I dont have my truck sitting and collecting tickets or being towed. I just got back from riding 2 of the hatfield-mccoy trail systems. Definately awesome riding down there

UNBROKEN
03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
thTS WUT I DO RIDE TRAIN TRACKS TO TRAILS but were do u ride at Which 450? nad were are in in baltimore county .

Which 450?
03-28-2008, 04:30 AM
I ride the tracks to trails, green valley, mohrs lane, allendar road, and all the places I can get to from there. Im not gonna say where I'm from or anything because I bet cops are on here lookin for people to bust.

UNBROKEN
03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
^ check ure PM box