PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help She`s Down

bosshogg1
01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I went out side today an i wanted to start my girl up an she didnt want to i changed the sparkplug i tried to give jump by car it didnt work i checked all the hoses i took off i made sure they were put back the same way i took them off made sure there was no kinks all wiring was hooked up i just dont no need help!!!!!:mad:

LTR450_#67
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Ok dumb questions.
1. Do you have gas in it?
2. Is it getting juice?
3. If so, is it turning over?
4. Did you check the fuses and grounds?

It wouldn't hurt to double check connections either, since there are so many.

Aaron

bosshogg1
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
i didnt check fusess or ground.do you no why the efi lite blinks on an off. this B.S happens rite before i was to buy my zilla this blows:mad:

hanes17
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you have a kill switch? If so make sure you have it in. Im sure you have, but try to turn it of then back on to see if the light goes off.

quadmonkey
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by hanes17
Do you have a kill switch? If so make sure you have it in. Im sure you have, but try to turn it of then back on to see if the light goes off.

Or if you have a kill switch, make sure it's completely disconnected from the quad to make sure it's not causing the problem. I've had a issue with a kill switch going bad and causing the quad not to run at all.

maticus
01-12-2008, 07:51 AM
is the key on? sounds dumb but ive seen it happen

LTR450_#67
01-12-2008, 08:51 AM
You didn't happen to mess with the tip-over sensor did ya? That would cause the FI light to blink.

bosshogg1
01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
no i didnt mess wit the sencor i just got it runing i had to push start it i let it run for a why`l than i shut it off an it started back up but heres another. I think the first problem was that i didnt have that little screw cap that goes on the sparkplug wasnt on.but this is the second plug i put on an the store plug an the one i bought from the store didnt have them on them both an it ran perfect i had checked the hoses an they were all conected did the fuses an they were good to.then we did the sparkplug it had a weak output so i lefted my friend in the garage an make a long story short we got it runing but he had messed wit the throttle cable now it doesnt want to idle rite let alone give a good throttle responce :confused: now check this bull out the screw to the oil tank just broke off wit the threads attached to it do you think it could be fixed ...i was thinking of puting a bigger screw wit a washer in place of it

jherbie28
01-12-2008, 03:26 PM
did you do your first 10hr valve adjustment? i have an 06, we were riding at breezewood. saturday it ran fine no problems what so ever, then sunday comes and it wouldent start. had fuel and air. tried to jump it with no luck. got it home and to the dealer with the last month of warrenty(sp) and found out that the intake valves were stuck open with 0 compression(being the valves were open) come to find out also that the piston rings were not installed correctly and wore a grove into the side of the cylinder. suzuki took care of it thank god. hope this is not your problem if your warrenty is up. to replace everything back to stock would of cost $1,700 installed. good luck:ermm:

bosshogg1
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
thanks jherbie28 i`m not sure if my warrenty ran out an to make things wosrt i just broke the screw on the oil tank i`m thinking wat if i use a bigger screw an washer or can 1 be made out of aluiminu

jherbie28
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
if your bike is new and came from a dealer it should have a 6month factory warrenty, as the bolt mines in a billion pieces and at my buddys house so i cant go out and look:p like i said i hope what happened to me is not your problem