PDA

View Full Version : charging help

koh0001
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I can charge my battery in the shop then ride for 2 days then my battery goes dead. What charges the battery on the bike? I'm guessing that's what I need to replace. Any help?? Thanks

the Z Man
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Could be something draining the battery, charge it disconnected then see if it sparks when you reconnect.
See if it runs without the battery connected.
Check your ground cable very carefuly for good connection.

Pappy
01-10-2008, 08:37 PM
i would check the battery before i went diving into the stator. just because it will take a charge and last for a day or so does not mean the battery is good

bwamos
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
You are turning the key off, correct? Not just hitting the kill switch.

With the key bypassed or in the on position the CDI will slowly drain the battery, even when the quad is not running.

Asking because most of the rest of your atv's are kickers.

koh0001
01-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I can hook the battery charger up to it and it will start right up ( in the bike)

Yea, I turn the key off everytime I stop the bike.

Once it's running it will stay running, but if you turn it off. that's it It won't start back up.

I bought a new battery, and the same thing. I can charge eather one of them and they hold a charge all week. put them in the bike and BAM.. dead after a day.. I tried everything I know in the last couple of weeks. Now I'm asking you guys..lol

Could it be the stator?? I figured if it was bad it wouldn't run without the battery being charged.

the Z Man
01-12-2008, 08:42 AM
That why I asked if it ran with the battery disconnected.