PDA

View Full Version : This is insane

tat900
01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_re_us/katrina_flood_lawsuits

I'm sorry if this offends anybody here but this is absolutely ridiculous. How many people from Mississippi, Alabama, Texas (Hurricane Rita) do you see filing a lawsuit against the federal government? I don't rant very often but this takes the cake!!

NEW ORLEANS - Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a price tag on their suffering and it is staggering — including one plaintiff seeking the unlikely sum of $3 quadrillion.

F-16Guy
01-10-2008, 09:59 AM
If I were the judge, I'd say "I'll grant you 3 quadrillion dollars if the plaintiff can come up to the bench and correctly write that amount on a piece of paper."
That would put an end to that nonsense.

cdrookie
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
definately insane but with the way these lawyers and judges go about presenting/awarding cases why not try? while i'm sure they won't get that much maybe the judge will award them a couple billion. we give that much out to foreign nations everyday so they can jack up the gas prices and fund terrorism. it'd be nice to keep the taxpayers money in america for once!

KXRida
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
If they new a big *** hurricane was coming, why wouldn't you leave?

yah 3 quadrillion. haha they can suck my left nut, our country doesn't have that kind of money.

YZ400EX
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
If I were the judge, I'd say "I'll grant you 3 quadrillion dollars if the plaintiff can come up to the bench and correctly write that amount on a piece of paper."

I found that very funny!!:D

400exrider707
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I dont think anyone dumb enough to construct a building or a house, BELOW sea level, deserves anything....

That's like building a house at the North pole and then suing because you got buried in snow... durrrrr

01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
that was insane

stumpleg
01-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy

lol

Flyin-Low
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I dont think anyone dumb enough to construct a building or a house, BELOW sea level, deserves anything....

That's like building a house at the North pole and then suing because you got buried in snow... durrrrr

Ever heard of a little place called the Netherlands?

Durrrrrrrr.

shadowwalker
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

Yes I know that this thread is 4 days old, but you are slightly misinformed about the north pole. Everyone should know that the Arctic is actually one of the driest deserts and it rarely snows. Therefore someone being buried in snow at the north pole would be very surprised and might have a right to be pissed.

Robin Hood
01-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
Yes I know that this thread is 4 days old, but you are slightly misinformed about the north pole. Everyone should know that the Arctic is actually one of the driest deserts and it rarely snows. Therefore someone being buried in snow at the north pole would be very surprised and might have a right to be pissed.

You guys read into things a little too much haha.

I get what he's saying though. It shouldn't be right that the people knew the consequences, but now after the disaster they blame the gov't. :ermm:

shadowwalker
01-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I was up late and bored. I do completely agree suing the government for you deciding to live below sea level is completely insane and retarded. And on top of that many areas including parts of Texas were destroyed and no one heard anything about that.

Robin Hood
01-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
I was up late and bored. I do completely agree suing the government for you deciding to live below sea level is completely insane and retarded. And on top of that many areas including parts of Texas were destroyed and no one heard anything about that.

I never heard anything about any parts of Texas being destroyed. :confused:

shadowwalker
01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
A lady that is in one of my classes move back up here to IL after her home was destroyed twice from hurricanes, including one recently. They were at least smart and evacuated.