PDA

View Full Version : Dont Ever Buy From Honda Of Troy!!!

Slochrane
01-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I placed an order on dec. 28th . I live 3 hours from there, 14 days later i still dont have my parts! I ordered parts to convert to the 2005 style and after numerous phone calls and a billion excuses still no parts. New years holiday, waiting on a fender stay ,and now there servers have been down 3 days. I asked for a refund and I cant even get that!!!! Total BULLSHEET!!!! If i call back this afternoon and i get the same BS im calling my bank and asking them to reverse my money back to me! This has been my first experience with this company and it has been a nightmare!

BigBore24
01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
thanks for the info. they have all kinds of stuff on ebay now i know better than to buy from them. not that i would n e way cuz they are outrageous

GraphicDisorder
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Slochrane
I placed an order on dec. 28th . I live 3 hours from there, 14 days later i still dont have my parts! I ordered parts to convert to the 2005 style and after numerous phone calls and a billion excuses still no parts. New years holiday, waiting on a fender stay ,and now there servers have been down 3 days. I asked for a refund and I cant even get that!!!! Total BULLSHEET!!!! If i call back this afternoon and i get the same BS im calling my bank and asking them to reverse my money back to me! This has been my first experience with this company and it has been a nightmare!

Sorry to hear that, ive ordered a but load of parts from there when i was rebuilding my girls warrior... and they were always on time and right with the parts...

79400ex
01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
They probably didn't have them in stock due to trying keep stock down for first of year property taxes. Alot company due that to save on taxes at the dirst of year.

pro-rider46
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
wow some buddy seems a little impatient, relax, im sure that they are still dealing with christmas stuff and people are buying more with christmas money, two weeks is not that bad, i have ordered a cam and havent had much problems, and the cam was really cheap, idk why the other person thinks they are expensive, but i seem to like them, sorry to hear that you are having bad experiances

lorenjr83
01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
i bought my rims and tires through them and they arrived b4 the money had even been taken outta my checking account

honda250xrider
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
all and all there an ok place to deal with i also live nearby and will get the basic parts i need off of them. I've never had a speicality order take over 4-5 days to get in. Maybe bad luck your having with them but trust me they are not always this way.

Brauap
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Im kinda torn w/ them because they have great stuff.. but the shipping takes forever and they never respond to you, even when you call! Soooo.......

Slochrane
01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
wow some buddy seems a little impatient, relax, im sure that they are still dealing with christmas stuff and people are buying more with christmas money, two weeks is not that bad, i have ordered a cam and havent had much problems, and the cam was really cheap, idk why the other person thinks they are expensive, but i seem to like them, sorry to hear that you are having bad experiances
Relax when your told you'll have your parts in a day or two and 14 days later you have nothing and they have your $350 bucks. thats pisss poor service. Im patient but 14 days is outrageous .

garrettpen
01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I've ordered quite a few parts from them and they always take a minimum of 8 buisness days. but i dont live 3 hours away either.

hornetgod13
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I feel your pain buddy. Unfortunately, I ordered my piston from them and I'm still waiting. I called to check the status and the lady told me that they are backed up. I checked their user name on Ebay and their feedback are mostly positive with quit a few neutrals and negatives for slow shipping.
I called a second time today and could never get through. I left a lengthy meassage and call back number and was never called back. I wish I would have purchased from someone else now but, they had the lowest price when I was shopping around.

boosted3g
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
They took 2 weeks to get me one of my cams. They put items on ebay that they dont have in stock. They did have good customer service with me though. I called and they told me when it would ship out and when i would get it. If i remember correctly they say 2 days processing time but its more like 4-5. I gave them positive feedback although they should have the parts in stock before they list them.

TRXRacer1
01-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I've ordered several times from them and have had nothing but great luck.

blinkjs
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
everything I ever ordered from them has been shipped on time. sorry for problems. Try Planet Honda they have very good prices and great customer service

NJ450rider
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
ON ebay it says that there on vacation till the 14th of january. Maybe thats why its taking so long? i dunno when they went on vacation.

hornetgod13
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
ON ebay it says that there on vacation till the 14th of january. Maybe thats why its taking so long? i dunno when they went on vacation.

I saw that too. I used a "Buy it Now" on a piston before that note went up on Ebay. It will be the last time I buy from them. I don't like waiting for parts beyond a weeks time.

mbx5
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I bought a seat from them (buy it now - ebay). I live 5 hrs away. It took them 8 days to ship it from their shop.....then another 6 days (I am 1-2 day ship time) to get here via UPS...

They had given me excuses too and were rude....Christmas and New years - Ok fine I give them those days - but they waited 8 days to ship the part!

I wont buy from them again. Too rude.:grr:

honda250xrider
01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
sorry to hear about all of these negative things, i would not use ebay through alot of dealerships like this place is. If you go to the dealership first hand i will almost guarentee you will get better service than what you are getting now, it is to bad though hearing all these complaints

mat1977
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
HOLY CHIT! I was just about do a post about Yamaha of Troy asking if anybody else has had problems with them.I ordered front fenders from them about 9 days ago,still haven't got them(no big deal)But I've called 3 times since I ordered just to make sure the dumbazz I talked to got the order right and apparantly their computers have been down all week,so they cant tell me anything about my order.At one point the kid that works there asked me "what do I put down for Massachusettes,like the O-h for ohio":huh and this was after a painstaking bout of confusion about the make and model of which the rear fenders were for...and I was ordering front frigging plastics!!!!BTW,I ordered by phone on the 3rd or something so they were not on vacation.

blac00si
01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Did you read the fine print on the auction...?

"Note: The seller of this item is away until January 18, 2008. You may purchase the item, but there may be a delay in processing your order."

HONDA 400EX FACTORY PLASTIC FENDERS CONVERSION KIT (#360011989522)

:eek2:

hornetgod13
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by blac00si
Did you read the fine print on the auction...?

In his defense, that "Note" wasn't there when I purchased my item off Ebay and it shows it now when I look at my completed auction. That must show up on all there auctions, even the ones that have already closed.

Slochrane
01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I ordered directly from there website oem parts not a kit off ebay on dec 28th. they took my money next day, as far as Iam concerned they are a joke. Ive got the same computer BS in this day and age how can they not have this problem fixed in over a week. As i said this place blows.
Also if there computers are down how do they keep put all these new auctions on ebay?

STUNTIN400EX
01-12-2008, 11:01 AM
GLAD TO HAVE READ THIS POST WAS GOING TO GET A NEW SET OF OEM PLASTICS OFF THEIR EBAY ACCOUNT! GUESS I'LL BE RETHINKING THAT ONE!

450rJam
01-12-2008, 01:03 PM
they are pretty big company, hard to believe that everyone has gone on vacation at the same time, maybe they are going through a buy-out or some major business changes

they have some of the best prices on plastic I have seen,
thanks for the heads up
(when I order fenders I will make sure im in no hurry)

please let us know when/if you finally get your parts

416exfreak
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
they are pretty big company, hard to believe that everyone has gone on vacation at the same time, maybe they are going through a buy-out or some major business changes

they have some of the best prices on plastic I have seen,
thanks for the heads up
(when I order fenders I will make sure im in no hurry)

please let us know when/if you finally get your parts

Everytime I order from them, they get my stuff shipped right out and I get it within 2 or 3 days. I've never had the first problem with them. Its strange that your having a problem with them.

Maybe its the just the holidays and being backed up on stuff.:ermm:

mat1977
01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Anybody get any of their stuff ?They are pissing me off,Please let me know if any of you guys actually getting your chit.One and only order that I'll put in with these tards.We'll take your money,but cant tell you anything about your order 10 days later............. ***DELETED***:grr:

hornetgod13
01-12-2008, 04:00 PM
It's only been 11 days for me. I just don't like the fact that they don't answer their phone during business hours and don't bother to return calls when I left then a very thorough meassage. What amazes me is they are still posting auctions everyday even if they are out of the office until the 18th. Hmmm, what's the deal with that??? :rolleyes:

mat1977
01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
HG13,Hopefully you will have better luck with that new suspension:D ,congrats on that bro,I have the 450 shocks on the way along with the other half of my red plastics (if they ever get here!)I wanted to do HD's or Peps but my wife pretty much shut that down..Let us know how those shocks work out for you if you would,and if/when honda of troy ever delivers your stuff.

my88r
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
It's only been 11 days for me. I just don't like the fact that they don't answer their phone during business hours and don't bother to return calls when I left then a very thorough meassage. What amazes me is they are still posting auctions everyday even if they are out of the office until the 18th. Hmmm, what's the deal with that??? :rolleyes:

i never bought from honda of troy. but i did have something similar happen to me. i did a but it now on dec. 8. got the tracking number sent to me. for 2-3 day priority mail. dec. 22 i filed a claim through paypal. because there was about 2-3 bad feedback a day. from people not receiving there items. never heard anything. didn't answer there phone or email. 2 days after christmas it came. :confused: so i feel your pain.:(

hornetgod13
01-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by mat1977
HG13,Hopefully you will have better luck with that new suspension:D ,congrats on that bro,I have the 450 shocks on the way along with the other half of my red plastics (if they ever get here!)I wanted to do HD's or Peps but my wife pretty much shut that down..Let us know how those shocks work out for you if you would,and if/when honda of troy ever delivers your stuff.

I'll let you know when the piston arrives. I'm pretty pumped about the suspension. I've been wanting to do it for a while now. I know what you mean about the wife thing. Mines not a huge fan of my quad either. She calls it the "Money Pit". With the suspension cost I've now offically spent as much on aftermarket parts as I did for the quad when I bought it new. $5,500 quad +$5,500 parts = $11,000 and 1 upset wife. :grr:

mat1977
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
LMAO,They just dont understand do they?In your defense, after this suspension upgrade you will have an allmost perfect trail quad,and THAT is worth far more than $11,000 IMO

dirtdigger71
01-13-2008, 09:56 AM
WOW I thought it was just me getting jerked around. I ordered my parts from troy on dec. 1st off there website. it is now jan. 13th and still nothing. they keep telling me my clutch cable is on back order.I have delt with them on & off for years & have always had my stuff in 3 days or less.but they billed my acct. the day I ordered the parts. something dont sound right!!

hornetgod13
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
LMAO,They just dont understand do they?In your defense, after this suspension upgrade you will have an allmost perfect trail quad,and THAT is worth far more than $11,000 IMO

Yes, your right. I'm installing a +2 +4 Durablue axle too. The only other things I plan to do is respring and revalve the stock rear shock and eventually powder coat the frame. Just about perfect if you ask me.

sc400ex_rider
01-14-2008, 07:35 AM
troy has always been great to me. there alot better than service honda who lost my order and left me tore down for 2 weeks. cernics, sloans, and midwest are also good. nobody keeps everything in stock and if there comps are down im sure its a nightmare.

mat1977
01-14-2008, 02:47 PM
bump.......Anybody get through to them today?:mad: :mad: :mad:

Slochrane
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes I did twice the first was a very rude lady after I told her I had be waiting 18 days so far, gave me the same BS about there computers being down so I ask how they keep posting auctions everyday and she had no idea what to say but i'll call you back with the info about your order. So I waited 4 hours with no call. I called back at 4:50 a lady answered, very nice looked up my order and said I was waiting for 2 front fenders to complete my order. I just find this whole process a total joke Ive been told so many different things from this place. I will never order from these people again and consider them to be no better than scammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slochrane
01-14-2008, 04:45 PM
also...there selling how many fenders kits on ebay right now? But they dont have any in stock? Im waiting 18 days now ! I ordered directly from them and was told if they didnt have a part it would take 2 days to get in. Im about ready to drive out there
even though its 3 hours away and raise hell but i would probably end up in jail.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mat1977
01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I just got my messages,I was told my front fenders would come in(to them) at the end of this week and will be shipped out immediately.I'm probably looking at 3 weeks from the time I ordered to the time I MIGHT get my chit.I was told I would receive them in 5 buisness days originally.:grr:

FreeStylerEx
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I second that, they are the worse service in the world. I live like 4 hours away. I ordered at shifter seal for my 450r. something that cost $1.20 and it took them 5 weeks to get it here. something they could of put in a envelope and sent. The lady on costumer service is a straight up bitz. no lie. They gave me the crap saying their server was down when I ordered my plastics from them a year ago. I totally agree with anyone who doesnt like their service. You cant even get a tracking number or track your shipment on their website! thats sad. Ill rather stick to ebay!

FreeStylerEx
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
O yeah, I did talk to some younger sounding lady who is very nice when I ordered my fenders. She was very helpful. Unlike the other old fart whos just a prick. I had my father go off on her when she tried pushing me around.

CSR400EX
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
i live about 20 mins from them. i have never bought anything from their e-bay store. but i deal with them personally and i have spent a s*** ton of money through them (around 10,000 or so), and they have always been good to me. im sorry to hear your all's troubles with them

hornetgod13
01-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, since I'm not getting my piston from them anytime soon I'm making the best of it by breaking the rest of the quad down and upgrading a few other things while I'm at it.

hornetgod13
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Good and bad news........

Good: I got my piston today from Honda of Troy.

Bad: The day after I ordered it, I called them and spoke with an older lady and explained to her I needed a 85.50mm piston instead of the 85.00mm piston I had bid and won on Ebay. She claimed she had wrote it all down and would give it to the guy that handles the Ebay sales and told me it was taken care of. She was polite and I thought it was going to be O.K. Well, you can see where this is going right? I got the 85.00mm piston instead. All that effort and reassurance was a waste.

It's partially my fault for buying the wrong piston to begin with but, I called as soon as I realized it and the lady said the Ebay orders were several days behind anyways and that I had caught it in time. I gave them a neutral feedback.

I'm tired of dealing with them so, I'm selling the new Wiseco hi-compression stock bore piston on Ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270204053042&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017
I've decided to go bigger so I went out and bought a new Wiseco 87mm 416cc Hi-comp Piston from another seller. Hopefully I have better luck.

mat1977
01-16-2008, 05:59 PM
this was after a painstaking bout of confusion about the make and model of which the rear fenders were for...and I was ordering front frigging plastics!!!! [/B][/QUOTE] Man,that sucks,I cant imagine whats gonna show up on my doorstep!

national425ex
01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I bought a set of 2007 Honda 450r White plastics on friday the 11th, After they already closed for the day. So I knew they wouldnt ship untill Monday. I received 2 emails, One with tracking information, one thanking me for shopping with them and my payment. Thrusday morning the 17th and my plastics are at my doorstep. Sucks everyone else is having problems, I am as well about 3 hours away from them.

dirtdigger71
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
50 DAYS & STILL NO PARTS!!!

mat1977
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by dirtdigger71
50 DAYS & STILL NO PARTS!!! I'd say your the winner so far...:D And I'm pissing and moaning about a few weeks!

hornetgod13
01-19-2008, 12:14 PM
If you bought from them off Ebay don't even think about giving them a neutral feedback or they will slam you with a negative. I found out the hard way. They are complete idiots and totally unprofessional.

dirtdigger71
01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
LOL, sucks to be winning this time. purchased parts from their site. "supposed" to be here this week, we'll see!

boosted3g
01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I hope honda of troy is seeing this post. I checked their feedback and feedback they left others. They are quick to hand out the negative feedback and most of it is their fault for shipping slow. They blame it on everyone else but when it boils down to it, its their fault. Have the parts in stock if you sell it on ebay or clearly state that in your auction. 2-3 days processing time my ***, more like 23 days.

Slochrane
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Well my parts should be here tomorrow. I'm just hoping they got my order right! I will never order from them again.

mat1977
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Slochrane
Well my parts should be here tomorrow. I'm just hoping they got my order right! I will never order from them again. Did they come?I'm still getting the "I'll call you Back"...F...ing idiots!

casey_lamm
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
i would dispute the charges with the cc company and go elsewhere. Im really glad you guys posted I was looking at them for some parts on ebay...really glad this came up. There should be a vendor feedback forum...you would quickly see who to deal with *cd racing* and who to avoid...honda of troy.

BTW...has anyone considered an email or letter to honda...being a dealer, I think there response to yall is unacceptable. It would make me reconsider futher honda purchases. Luckily my dealer isn't this way.

BTW they are a real dealer right?

I would really consider getting honda corperate involved.
Did they come?I'm still getting the "I'll call you Back"...F...ing idiots!

mat1977
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Casey,I'm glad we saved you from wasting your time and money with Honda/Yamaha of Troy.I dont know about you fellas,but I bust my *** for the money I dump into my quad,and waiting 3 weeks for my stuff is absolutely unacceptible.If things get messed up(servers down ect.)so be it,but notify your customers and sort it out.DONT let them have to take time out of they're day to TRY to contact you.What I am going through with these people is B.S.!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

casey_lamm
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
one or two problems here and there fine...chalk it up to a bad day...

from their feedback and multiple people on here with the same story...that just a bad business.

Their customer service response is unacceptable regardless of a bad day or not. Also in those businesses you would expect them to try to correct the problem and improve so it doesn't continue...

To me it seems they are listing items they don't have...without checking the inventory level of their suppliers. Then with the supplier is out...well its your problem not theirs.

I guess I shouldn't comment, because I don't know that to be true, but I had a business in a similar field and we dropshipped to customers...but we always made sure there was hefty inventory before we listed....if a mistake happened and they were out...we gave the customer an option of a discount, upgraded shipping, and an apology...

They seems to have no business sense at all. No business sense combined with questionable ethics...its a recipe for disaster...

I would contact honda directly, and file a complaint if they are registered with the bbb. If they are registered, they are required to respond to a complaint... well at least in the state I operated out of.

its just sad really...in a business, you should treat your customers like you truely appreciate their business. They way everyone is saying they operate, its like they think they are doing you a favor by letting you buy from them. WRONG!

Just my .02
Casey,I'm glad we saved you from wasting your time and money with Honda/Yamaha of Troy.I dont know about you fellas,but I bust my *** for the money I dump into my quad,and waiting 3 weeks for my stuff is absolutely unacceptible.If things get messed up(servers down ect.)so be it,but notify your customers and sort it out.DONT let them have to take time out of they're day to TRY to contact you.What I am going through with these people is B.S.!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Slochrane
01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
We'll a big box of parts finally came. I'm going to make sure everything i ordered is in there.:eek:

Slochrane
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
well i got hosed!!!! the tank cover is missing! the idiots have a 0 on the picking list even though I was charged for one! I thought I was done with these people!
More calls! I hate honda of troy. Never again.

mat1977
01-23-2008, 07:07 PM
It has been officially 3 weeks since my order.They are now telling me that they had over 400 hundred orders that were hand-written and since the computers were down in that time period they are still trying to figure them all out.Still no clue if my order was proccesed or any idea of if or when I'll get it,but they do still have my money.never ever again!!!!WTF

casey_lamm
01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
its excuse after excuse with these people... good luck.
It has been officially 3 weeks since my order.They are now telling me that they had over 400 hundred orders that were hand-written and since the computers were down in that time period they are still trying to figure them all out.Still no clue if my order was proccesed or any idea of if or when I'll get it,but they do still have my money.never ever again!!!!WTF

stew21
03-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I wouldnt buy from these guys. I ordered a front bumper it took almost a month to get it. Then I made the mistake of ordering from them again cheap prices. I ordered my nerf bars and i got them in about a week but they were the wrong ones. I called them up and waited on hold for about thirty minutes, then i got ahold of someone and they said that day they would send out something so i could ship them back out to them and get the right ones. Two weeks later and I still dont have the thing to send it back to them. I called them and the lady told me that its just getting shipped out today and I told her two weeks ago i was told that the bag to send them back in would be here in a couple of days. She gave me a little run around and I told her that doesnt make me very happy then she hung up on me. I called back and got a lot nicer lady on the phone, at this point I was going to ask for a refund but she insured me every thing was going to be alright. But now I still have to wait probably another three weeks to send them back and have them send me the right ones back to me if not longer, about 2 months all together if everything else goes right. Dont be fooled into buying their stuff just because its cheaper than anywhere else like I did. Sorry for the long reply just getting pretty mad at this point.

Jnblaster05
03-17-2008, 03:16 PM
man i already ordered from them 3 weeks ago off ebay there are horrible really makin me mad

Jnblaster05
03-17-2008, 03:57 PM
This should be a sticky no joke even on other sites like raptorforum there complainig about these people

dirtdigger71
04-11-2008, 05:30 AM
well after being jerked around & lied to for 4 months & 9 days I finally got my parts......NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

cliff400ex
04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
That's a bummer. I have bought a few things from there and so has another guy I ride with. I've had no problems. Actually they seem to be the cheapest on ITP stuff. You must have just gotten a schmuck to deal with.

lawdog800
04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I just ordered a Hot Cam fromthem off of e-bay, and I had it in like 3 business days I ordered it on Wed night from e-bay, and received it on tuesday

2muchquad
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Try ordering from this site:D The lowest price isnt always ideal,chalk it up to experience:(

Ntensweapon
04-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I ordered some oem plastics from them(ebay) . I had them in 4 days. I marked them down as a good vendor. may reconsider future purchases though.
I can relate to what some guys mentioned. lengthy delays, wrong parts, no communication, etc, etc. I would have to agree with the person that said some companies sell product they don't have in stock. some smaller companies don't have the cash flow to have an inventory, so they wait for your money then order the part. I know of one r/c business that does just that. kinda crappy way to do business really. h.o.t has been around for years i would think they have enough operating capital to stock a pluthra of parts. so who knows what their deal is lately.

sorry to hear about your troubles guys. hope it works out.

teal94gt50
04-28-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm glad I found this before I ordered plastics from them. I live close enough to pick them up, so I called and asked if I could Buy them there for the price on ebay to save me on shipping (just an honest question to save me 40 bucks) and the guy got kinda snippy w/ me, lol. Anyhow, just wanted to bump this up so others could see it