PDA

View Full Version : Long Travel Shocks & A-arms

SeanP
01-10-2008, 01:46 AM
I have just bought a 2008 LTR450 and I'm going to be using it for off-road racing here in South Africa. I guess our racing is similar to your GNCC races, except maybe the track is a bit wider, so the width of the Suzuki is fine.

Unfortunately we only have the following choices to choose from:
Shocks - Elka, PEP, Noleen J6 or iShocks
A-Arms - Lonestar, Houser, Walsh, ATV 4 Play, Gibson or iShock

If anyone has tried a combination of these (in Long Travel) , I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

rob-u/21
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
It doesn't seem like you are missing out on a lot out there. If money is not an issue and you want the best money can buy than I would go with a ELKA Factory/Walsh set up. I'm not saying that is the best set up you could get cause that is a very broad question but it is the best money can buy. I would recomend Ishocks new long travel kit. It's called i5500 LT Long Travel Complete Front Suspension System. I do have experience with this kit and to me it is the most complete kit available. Plus, Ishock has incredible customer service and warranty.

rob-u/21
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Here is a few more things that might help you decide on what to get. Since you live in S. Africa, you should talk to local dealers and ask them who they work best with, who takes the shortest amount of time to get parts in. And from whom they can get the best prices from.

SeanP
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks rob-u/21 for your help. The problem with our dealers is the one dealer sells Elka, the next sells PEP and the next sells iShock, so asking them which is the best will have a guarenteed outcome.

At the moment I'm thinking of Elka Sport/Racing long travel shocks and ATV4Play MGC a-arms.

I think it's a good solution for a reasonable amount of money.

rob-u/21
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
ATV4Play A-Arms are ok. If you get TCS shocks instead of ELKA you will have a much better shock and I'm pretty sure a better price. Give TCS a call, I'm sure they can ship them to you.

honda250xrider
01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
i would recommend walsh, with either pep or Noleen shocks, These 2 would be the best right out of the box vavling. Elka sorry but they do not come close to how much time pep and noleen spends on their valving.

jherbie28
01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
i ran houser and pep longtravel on my kfx400 and loved it, shocks were great(21click tripple rate) houser sucks with customer service, they are always changing things in the middle of the season. you cant go wrong with walsh(great suspension componients)good luck wit what you chose:)

asjr39
01-10-2008, 04:44 PM
TCS makes a conversion kit for the ltr shocks. They are awsome!! They come with triple rate eibach springs and anodized bodys. And they are only $400. Mine will be shipped this week, and I cant wait to ride. you can spend twice that with Elka or any other company, or just convert yours and get the same.

BlaineKaiser450
01-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
i would recommend walsh, with either pep or Noleen shocks, These 2 would be the best right out of the box vavling. Elka sorry but they do not come close to how much time pep and noleen spends on their valving.

300EXrider356
01-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by asjr39
TCS makes a conversion kit for the ltr shocks. They are awsome!! They come with triple rate eibach springs and anodized bodys. And they are only $400. Mine will be shipped this week, and I cant wait to ride. you can spend twice that with Elka or any other company, or just convert yours and get the same.

If you do go with TCS, they merged with Race Tech, so thats where you would try and reach them at.

asjr39
01-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Or A T V SUSPENSION TECH . C O M email Joe or lori. They will give you a good deal if you go through them.

national #9
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
you should try KOQ RACING, they have lt a-arms, lt link, fox and elka shocks and ship world wide, call or e-mail Tom and he will fix you right up. kidsonquads.com