PDA

View Full Version : Full Exhaust Question / PC-111

honda123
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Guy's quick question regarding exhaust systems and PC-111 controller,

1. Can you safely run an aftermarket exhaust without installing a PC-111 controller ?
2. If so can you really feel the difference with and without the PC-111 controller?

Reason I'm asking these question are I just received my Curtis Sparks Full Exhaust system. Still waiting for my PC-111 controller the vendor I purchased these items from claims that I can run the bike without the PC-111 controller he said lots of people run without it?
Should I wait for the control before I ride the bike? :confused:

honda123
01-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Anybody Have an opion on this?????

TOPDAWG
01-10-2008, 06:59 AM
You can try an HMF Optimizer (costs less).

I was wondering the same thing but only with a slip on.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-10-2008, 08:59 AM
It will cause the KFX to run lean. This my cause over heating issues. You will only be gaining noise anyway without the proper fuel settings

edub450
01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
i ran my full hmf exhaust for about 2 weeks on my bike. it would run to lean. head pipe would get red more often. you will have to rev it more if you are in the woods like a two stroke almost. i fouled the plug in mine because it was running to lean. also to get better performance out of it when you get your pc3 down load the accel pump off dynojets website it is well worth it. and if you know someone with pc3 and they are good with it have them show you around, because it can get really confusing.

feature05
01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Not to sure on this, but what I've read its bad to have a exhaust system on the quad without a good controller. It makes it run too lean and adventually will burn up your piston and foul plugs easily. It sucks when your out in the middle of no where and you foul a plug. Second, when I added my Sparks exhaust, PCIII, and fuel atv intake, it was like day and night when it came to power output and performance. Also like edub450, download the accel pump option from the website. It helps with starting issues.

honda123
01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Guys thanks for the replys I'll just have to wait until the PC-111 controller arrives before I can take the KFX out for a ride, until then I just have to ride my old reliable 426ex:) Mean while I will get the ball rolling by downloading the proper file.