PDA

View Full Version : Best 310 non-pv

mdickerson319
01-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Looking to get a 310 non-pv kit. What do you guys think is the best reasonable priced kit?

CorvetteZ06
01-09-2008, 04:12 PM
check ure pm

custom R
01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I just bought a 310 sphinx top end by cpi its about the same price as a esr but its supposed to have alot better port design I havent got it yet its supposed to be here in a few weeks im going to be running it with a 4 mill stroker crank so it should really rip when I get it together I give an update when I get it together

criminalpoet
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Best price and best kit dont really even go in the same sentence because the best priced kit is probably going to be the farthest from being the best performing kit. I personally use 1 Dir Racing, their prices are competitive but their work is beyond what most shops do. The owner, Will, has over 30 years experience building race motors and leaves absolutely nothing to be desired when he's done with your motor. The end result is just perfect!

havinnoj
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Buy the complete top end from ESR - unported - it's around $800 complete. Then send it to a good builder to port it, cut the dome, and whatever else you want done. That is most likely the cheapest way to have the most power.

Unless you want to be a guinnea pig with CPI's new cylinders I would stay away. There aren't many out there and they're not producing significantly more power or curve than Pro-X's (yet ;) ). You sound like you want the tried and true product.

mdickerson319
01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
thanks for the info everyone. mostly looked at the esr and ct kits. not really for sure what i want to do yet.