PDA

View Full Version : i'm confused about a comment on hmfs website...

Tommy 17
11-12-2002, 09:37 PM
i'm lookin at the hmf pipes for my 406 and i went to the website... heres the link http://www.hmfengineering.com/pages/honda400expg.html

but anyways look at the full system it says the slip on works best with built motors so y would they make the full system??? should i get full or slip on...

how does everyone out their like their hmf pipes bc i really like the red silencer part... any info would be appreciated...

crashinmatt
11-12-2002, 09:41 PM
i seen that and was wonderin the same thing. plus, it says they recommend a 200 main jet for the full system. that sounds big? but i heard they r great pipes, its gonna be my next pipe.

plus, it says u get the same gains either way(full system or slip-on). if thats the case y not just save some money andjust get the slip-on?

methyman
11-13-2002, 05:45 AM
I have a HMF complete exhaust system and love the performance it gave me bike. HMF jetting is a little weird though. I jetted my FCR 39 differently. I have a 50 pilot and 175 main. The plug looks great with this jetting. Good luck on your choice in pipes. My HMF exhaust is for sale in the classifieds if your interested.

flaneledholes
11-13-2002, 07:25 AM
hey man, trust me, you will nedd the full system for your motor application.. And on the jetting, I had to use a 170 and I only have the slip-on... I still hear it backfire every now and again, so that tells you, the jetting is probablly correct on their page...
P.S: When I was searching their website, I found the price of $190, well, when I called them, it ended up being $220, then I had them put the high polish stuff on there, it was wicked!