PDA

View Full Version : Any kids quads for sale Ohio?????

leasureryan
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Looking for 2 quads for the kids. I am located in Ohio 43050, so if you have something you no longer use or want to get rid of, shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Okay....maybe I need to revise this a little bit.. I am looking for two quads for both a 7 and an 8 year old, both of which are girls, with no intent of racing, ever. I am just looking for some cheap quads like a kazuma, roketa, sunl, etc etc. I realize these are cheap quads, but they are thier first quads that they will soon outgrow, they may be cheap, but they are not going to be racing, Xtreme riding, etc etc....lol I know there have been alot of those sold, but you never see any for sale used, just thought someone may have one. I have found a deal, my buddy and I are going together, we were going to get 3 of them so we get a better deal, said they would give them to us for $400 each. But if I can find one used, it would help me, and be helping someone rid of something they no longer use

i-zapp
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
i've got an alphasports 70cc machine, malossi / hetrick motor advertised locally in the cleveland craigslist -

details are at -
http://i-zapp.com/alpha/alphasports_70cc_race_mini.htm

machine has been debadged with all stickers, sponsors, and numbers removed.

any reasonable offer considered.

leasureryan
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Revised at top

Thanks guys

mxdad
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Be careful buying those junk quads!!! Your kids safewty is not worth saving a few bucks!!!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

CPSC Warns Meerkat 50 Youth ATVs Defective and Dangerous

Full story...

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07204.html

leasureryan
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I realize that....and have done my research. I have read the reviews on most childs atv's out there, and know exactly what goes wrong with each brand, and which to buy and which not to. Thank you!

DoubleDad
01-10-2008, 10:35 AM
A good reason you cannot find a used quad from your list is they are sitting at a metal scrap yard unable to run after a brief usage. Don't do it. A good used Raptor 80 is a good choice.

LT80
01-11-2008, 06:08 AM
"with no intent of racing, ever"
"are not going to be racing, Xtreme riding, etc etc...."

LMAO!! That's what I said.
The lil girl is now the 9 time womens champ.:)

Like others have mentioned, get a 10-15 year old good machine as opposed to a new piece-o-junk.
I know they seem to be a good idea, but if you have little mechanical ability and don't have a welder buddie, they are a mistake.
A 7-8 year old can ride a 80 for another 4 years or so easy. My daughter rode/raced a 80 at 15 yrs old.

FYI:: ebay has sold very good LT80's for $400.,,,2 in Tenn for $720. Maybe look there.

Good luck and have fun. :)

tireman43
01-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Most of the China quads are given away or in the junk pill. Go with an older used 80 or 90. You will be WAY farther ahead.

01-11-2008, 08:14 AM
i wish people would understand what junk is. ok compare this "oh i guess i will go to the dollar store and buy a quad im getting a great deal" or dont be so stupid like someone is and say "oh i better get anything other than a china quad like a drr, apex, eton, dinli, just a real quad" if you love your daughters like you say you do,you would not buy them the junkiest quad on the market if you look at them as high class get them high class but if you look at them as low class buy them junk china stuff thats very low class thank you china lover

etondaddy
01-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Please buy something you can get parts for and work on............ please......... Kaw., E-ton ect. There's not a name brand quad out there that someone on here can't help you with. I'm in PA I'll drive to Ohio and fix it myself for ya.......... just don't do it. And I'll bet ya your at the track before you know it it's great family fun.

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Kyles_80003.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/atvchamps10.jpg

renae
01-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Here in a week or two I will be putting up a 2007 polaris sportsman 90 for sale. I will be asking 1500.00. I bought this quad for my older son that was 13 at the time and it fit him then and in six months he grew 6in and gained 40lbs. I live in pa let me know if you might be interested and I can send you pics.

LT80
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
HEY,,,Mike don't have a beer in his hand!!! LOL :D :D :D

etondaddy
01-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow………. what a day that was Jack he finished 1-1-1 and won the overall series by one point and after the pics as a PAMX official stayed with us we had to go to Hetrick’s pit to be torn down with the 2nd and 3rd place quads for a random CC check and was found to be legal. I went back to my pit parked my a** next to the cooler and we were the last ones out of Pleasure Valley Raceway that night. I think the only reason we left is we ran out of beer.:huh

Hope to see ya at High Point this year.:D

Mike Kozura

leasureryan
01-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I totaly understand what you guys are saying about china made being junk. But my wifes cousin has had Kazuma 90 for her daughter for a couple of years now. They all 4 take turns ragging the hell out of it, never has given them any problems. I figured it was better than some of the others they sell. Seems okay.

And I do love my children, so don't bring that into this, buying a cheap first quad for my two girls doesn't make them low class, nor does it make me low class. But I am not going to go out and drop $3K for 2 quads, and I can't just buy one, thats no fair. So please, to the fella with loose lips.....shut them!!!! I don't appreciate being called cheap or low class. You sir are the low class retard......chins lover??? GROW UP LITTLE BOY!

And I will take the rest of you guys advise that know how to carry on a conversasion without your mouth overloading your ***. I will search for some used oldies, just don't want to drop more than a grand or so.

tireman43
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
It's usually a good idea not to stoop to others levels and the cursing doesn't earn many brownie points. I understand your upset but let the other person look bad and keep yourself above it. It's hard but possible. Just a heads up.

As for the task at hand. Yes I still recommend searching for a couple good used quads, but if the China stuff still keeps pulling you that way do go with the Kazuma or another brand that has been at least mentioned before. You would not believe how many "brand" names are placed on this stuff. Another good thing to check is the ATV For Sale section at the bottem of the main forum page. You may come across something there. If you aren't in a hurry please keep your options open and don't rush to the cheap stuff.

Kevin

bennyrae
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
2004 kfx50 with a pipe and milled head, all restricters takin off
750.00 in Michigan

01-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by leasureryan
I totaly understand what you guys are saying about china made being junk. But my wifes cousin has had Kazuma 90 for her daughter for a couple of years now. They all 4 take turns ragging the hell out of it, never has given them any problems. I figured it was better than some of the others they sell. Seems okay.

And I do love my children, so don't bring that into this, buying a cheap first quad for my two girls doesn't make them low class, nor does it make me low class. But I am not going to go out and drop $3K for 2 quads, and I can't just buy one, thats no fair. So please, to the fella with loose lips.....shut them!!!! I don't appreciate being called cheap or low class. You sir are the low class retard......chins lover??? GROW UP LITTLE BOY!

And I will take the rest of you guys advise that know how to carry on a conversasion without your mouth overloading your ***. I will search for some used oldies, just don't want to drop more than a grand or so. im sorry to upset you but i dont buy china if we did my son would not be a 4 time champion an one of them was national thank you SIR

i-zapp
01-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
im sorry to upset you but i dont buy china if we did my son would not be a 4 time champion an one of them was national thank you SIR
dont be ignorant. there's lots of good chinese quads out there and many have taken national titles. last time i checked the japs dont even make a competitive <80cc youth machine.

01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
i will give you two brand new redcat 110s for 1100.00 still created up. yes these are china made quads that are decent for china made quads you can adjust the speeds on them . just let me know. and i will meet you half way i live in indiana about 1 hour and 45 minutes to ohio line. thank you and everybody get along i was raised this way yes i will say i was spoiled so if any way i hurt anyones fellings im sorry but i was speaking my mind. that was my opion.im sorry guys.

tireman43
01-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by i-zapp
dont be ignorant. there's lots of good chinese quads out there and many have taken national titles. last time i checked the japs dont even make a competitive <80cc youth machine.

Not to start a fight or get too far off topic, but could you give the names of those good Chinese quads? Just for the future, so I know. I know Xtreme and Kazuma but what others?

i-zapp
01-14-2008, 10:49 AM
i wouldnt group kazuma in the "good" bunch, but certainly polaris/alpha, kasea/lrx, extreme, drr, kymco, eton, and apex are all deserving of a nod. just take a look at last year's overall finishes in gncc racing - a reasonable measure of machine's ability to withstand a good thrashing for longer than 15 minutes...

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2007/seriespoints.asp?s=6&c=66

01-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tireman43
Not to start a fight or get too far off topic, but could you give the names of those good Chinese quads? Just for the future, so I know. I know Xtreme and Kazuma but what others? redcats are like kazumas but i must say that the extreme typhoon is a real good quad. they are getting better probally in febuary the super typhoon will be out and tearing up all drr and apexs so i hear so i must say good luck drr and apexs kasea all jog motor types

tireman43
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by i-zapp
i wouldnt group kazuma in the "good" bunch, but certainly polaris/alpha, kasea/lrx, extreme, drr, kymco, eton, and apex are all deserving of a nod. just take a look at last year's overall finishes in gncc racing - a reasonable measure of machine's ability to withstand a good thrashing for longer than 15 minutes...

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2007/seriespoints.asp?s=6&c=66

NONE of those mentioned are from China. They are all manufactured in Taiwan. Near China but not China and better quality. This was the reason I asked. As I see it there are no GOOD China made minis.

ww228king
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
i would buy a china quad before i spend $400 on a power wheels quad.....even if they last the same amount of time, you still have better practice for the real deal.....just my experiance....
my son spent about 3 months on a powerwheel and then i purchased a BTM china 70 quad for $600...him and I gave that thing hell for about a year, exhuast pipe fell off, i fabed a new one, then the frame cracked, i welded it back up, then the rear shock busted, bought a new one for $20....he would prolly still have it but it got stollen just before he got the Mongoose that he has now....them small china quads are good for the first time learning, just like a powerwheels quad is..but not a racer at all..yes i wasted money on a dang powerwheels....i would recommend a china quad over a powerwheel quad any day......this reminds me when the eton and kasea quads first came out in the U.S.,.....people said they were all junk if they were not one of the big 4, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki......

Steven623
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Whats this "super typhoon" about, where can I find info.?

Steven623
01-14-2008, 08:11 PM
What's this super typhoon thing? Where can we find more info. on it?
Thanks

01-15-2008, 04:15 AM
if you goto extreme on the forum page you will see pics of super typhoon on there you will see the SUPER TYPHOON yea buddy and it will tell you the difference betwen the typhoon and the super typhoon thanks