PDA

View Full Version : elson street riding park

glwitmer
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I was just recently at a place called Elson Street Riding Park in Canton, Ohio. It is an awesome place to ride if you are looking for just a day trip. Good scenery, big hills, water, and lots and lots of mud!!!!!

300exOH
01-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Elson isn't bad....One of the better places in northern Ohio. It is very rutted though. Some of the hills are a blast to ride. Too bad there's no camping there though.

glwitmer
01-09-2008, 05:36 PM
it is a shame there is no camping, and the ruts are terrible but it makes for some great challenges to get through them. I love the hills to some of them make you think b4 climbing them.

300exOH
01-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by glwitmer
it is a shame there is no camping, and the ruts are terrible but it makes for some great challenges to get through them. I love the hills to some of them make you think b4 climbing them.

There may be a hotel nearby but when we ride it's usually on a budget and just drive home at the end of the day. I agree that the ruts make it more challenging but some are a bit extreme on a 300ex with 20" tires and barely any ground clearance. :ermm: It usually wasn't enough to get hung up on though. If you like hills there is a fun one near one of the parking lots that will test your skill...never went up that one myself though.:o Mostly because of the huge tree root at the top. Fun place to ride overall.

f4istunna
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
ya theres a few good hills by the parking areas. theres a pretty sick hill back in the woods. Its all rock i rolled like 1/4 way up it about 5 times but couldnt bring myself to do it lol Maybe on a drier day when my flexx bars and new stem and wheels are a little more used lol.

glwitmer
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree some of them hills are pretty wicked i got stuck goin down one cuz of a 2 foot drop i just couldn't bring myself to go over the ledge

j28d
01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Go left out of the main parking lot and take it all the way until it dead ends. If you look to your left, check out the trail up the corner of hill-nearly vertical and you have to weave in between the trees. Try the brickyard out in wadsworth if you like the short steep hills similar to elsons, for the long, steeeep hills go to wellsville-the pipeline, triple *****, scooby, and chicken are pretty hairy and once you get used to them, try chainsaw or the dirtbike hill across from chicken next to killer. My buddy tried the dirtbike hill in september on a warrior with a +6 swinger, it ran out of balls about 1/2 way up and rolled 20-30 times on the way down. If you want to see planned or weekend group rides for OH riders, try ohiomafiariders.com, seohatvclub?(not sure on the spelling), or the wayne county atv club(wooster/ashland area).

300exOH
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by j28d
Go left out of the main parking lot and take it all the way until it dead ends. If you look to your left, check out the trail up the corner of hill-nearly vertical and you have to weave in between the trees. Try the brickyard out in wadsworth if you like the short steep hills similar to elsons, for the long, steeeep hills go to wellsville-the pipeline, triple *****, scooby, and chicken are pretty hairy and once you get used to them, try chainsaw or the dirtbike hill across from chicken next to killer. My buddy tried the dirtbike hill in september on a warrior with a +6 swinger, it ran out of balls about 1/2 way up and rolled 20-30 times on the way down. If you want to see planned or weekend group rides for OH riders, try ohiomafiariders.com, seohatvclub?(not sure on the spelling), or the wayne county atv club(wooster/ashland area).

I didn't think you could still ride at the brickyard in wadsworth...last I heard they were kicking people out and even calling the popo. But that was about a year or so ago and I never really believe the rumors. When is the last time you have been there?

glwitmer
01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
only been to wellsville once, want to go back but keep hearing rumors that they are closing the place down any of you know the latest. The one time theremy dad rolled his his Polaris Sport down the chicken and screwed the poor thing all up he could barely ride it back to the truck.