PDA

View Full Version : T4 problems

11-03-2001, 09:37 AM
i have a pro curcuit t4 slip on and the packing is blowing out the rivets on the back of the pipe do i need to rebuild it or take it apart inspect it and replace the loose rivets

barbwire44
11-03-2001, 09:43 AM
Easy fix buy an fmf powercore they dont fall apart like the pro circuit, big gun, and wb. I do think there all good performance pipes but they dont hold up well. Looking back on all the threads, there are alot of guys saying they had to do some welding or call the factories for replacement parts on the pipes.Have not heard anyone say anything about an fmf falling apart.:D

86atc250r
11-03-2001, 11:59 AM
Actually, the FMFs are the first 400 pipes I heard a lot of complaints about... Don't know if it was isolated to the Megamax's or not.

Leo
11-03-2001, 01:15 PM
to take it apart you just need to pull the three allen head screws on the front... I'd suggest pulling the spark arrestor screen out first and making sure it's not plugged up.

maybe my T4 is a newer version, but it is VERY well put together.

Leo

stevengates45
11-03-2001, 01:55 PM
One guy down here had a couple of pipes & he wanted to see which one gave him the most power. The pipes were a megamax, wb, t4, & a curtis sparks. The winner is always the same. Curtis Sparks Forget the T4 & all those imitations man, go out & get a Sparks pipe, i promise you will love it.

3hondas
11-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Imitations?

C'mon now, Pro Circuit was making exhasut systems when Curtis Sparks was just a swimmer in his father's nuts!
I do not doubt that Sparks makes a decent Exhaust (although i don't know anyone who has one) but to say PC is an imitation is like calling a Honda 400ex an imitation of a raptor.
I think you need only ask current T4 owners their opinions of the silencer, or in my case the entire system. I would say that 9.5 out of 10 PC owners would reccomend their setup to anyone.
If you really want your bikes performance to step up, get the full system, jet and aerate.
This is a T4 full system...

stevengates45
11-03-2001, 09:26 PM
It doesnt matter how long its been out, look how old Lone Star is. Nuff said.

MichaelS693
11-03-2001, 09:34 PM
He has a good <edited> point there

Tommy 17
11-03-2001, 09:59 PM
well i sold my t-4 but it was one of the first ones out. i had the complete system and i didn't like it. i mean it did give me a power boost but my problem was it need repackin, and the name patch feel off, had bad welds, didn't look good, and i just didn't like it. i know pc has differnt pips out there bc... i looked at ur pipe and i see ur name tag wasn't riveted on mine was, and ur head pipe is 2 pieces mine was one piece. i didn't have those springs on the front of mine. also if u go to pc website and look they don't even have t-4 pipe they have the 304 which is a 2stroke silencer so they changed them i know that. my pipe was bought in june 2 years ago. so it was fairly old. urs may be differnt then mine the new ones mayb way better for all i know but i know mine was junk.

Pro400EXC
11-04-2001, 07:02 PM
Pro Circuit has updated there website since last time you been there. I remember when they only had the 304,but now they hve alot or good stuff on there, and alsomy Pro Circuit name Plate has been riveted on and its staed on sice i bought it. I got some never dul and the thing looks like chrome, even if my 400 is dirty I always shine my pipe. Also what I have done is grind those weldsou of the stock head pipes(where the head meets the headpipes) theres these welds that look restrictive so I took the dremel to them, but hey 3 ndas how is that PC headpies? I have the slip on and you can buy the headpipes separte, and if there good I might buy some.

sly400ex
11-05-2001, 07:25 AM
Amen 3Hondas!!!!!!........Pro circuit kick a** up and down the block!!!

riz400
11-05-2001, 09:25 AM
Are you sure you can buy the headpipe seperate??? That would be awesome....every other brand requires you to buy the complete system. The one thing I don't like about the T4 header is that it turns brown in color like the stocker. I wish it was ceramic coated.

Gecko
11-05-2001, 09:40 AM
:)
I put on my new T-4 just a few weeks ago. (Got it from Marcum's... Great price and great service.)

I put the pipe on, changed the main jet from 148 to 160. After riding it a few times, I am extremely pleased with the pipe! Sounds great and I could really feel the power difference.

The T-4 is well made. I love it!
:)

3hondas
11-05-2001, 10:01 AM
I am not sure if the PC headers can be retrofit onto a PC slip on silencer. I would have to say probably no, But it should be investigated further.
In my opinion the entire exhaust system is tight with great gains and good sound and whatnot, as for the actual difference with the headers, I can't tell you because i got the complete system at one time. I would have to say that they do help, The flow is good enough to support the dynojet kit with a 170 main when running without lid.
By the way my system has the quiet core insert (just realized it was in there).

Pro400EXC
11-05-2001, 04:27 PM
Hey 3 Hondas I know for a fact you can get the headpipes separate, they costs about 200 bills. Also you can call up or got to www.jet-hotcoatings.com an they ceramic coat all kinds of exhaust.

400exRacerX
11-05-2001, 06:30 PM
Wow 3hondas that is one clean 400ex!

3hondas
11-05-2001, 07:43 PM
pro400exc...
the question was not "can you buy headers separately from silencer". The answer to that is obvious. the question was can you buy a slip on PC silencer for stock 400ex header and later in life buy the PC headers. To that question my answer is i don't think so. I believe the slip on for the stock header is not the same silencer you would need for the PC headers.

400exracerx...
Thanks.
Who said that Wisk don't work. Maybe "cheer", "gain", "era" or "sams club discount laundry soap" don't work. Wisk works.

400exRacerX
11-06-2001, 02:21 PM
Wisk??:huh isn't that luandry detergant?

11-06-2001, 03:49 PM
Wisk didn't work for me, I used the rest on the clothes. I don't ride in sunny Florida thought, I tend to get a little dirty.

3hondas
11-08-2001, 04:56 PM
all we got here is pavement. sometimes if i'm lucky i can find a lawn to ride around on or an empty pool to ride in.
Have you ever heard of the GNC race at okeechobee, there sport? obviously your impression of "sunny" florida is pretty distorted. it is pretty wet/muddy here this time of the year. all i can say is that if wisk don't work for ya...it's either user error or your bike is so freakin caked with old dirt that an acid wash wouldn't work, or in some cases maybe some extreme "rare" type of dirt probably isolated to your specific region of the world.
'nuff said. just glad it works for me.

11-08-2001, 09:37 PM
I have a T4 and the wels are clean, the name plate is riveted, perfect quality. I think they have changed their quality over the past couple years.

Foxrage
11-09-2001, 04:20 AM
Mine is nice too there is nothing wrong with it. If you buy the pro circuit complete system its the same as buying the slip on and the head pipe they make. You could use there headpipe on any slip on modle just like the power bomb.

Pro400EXC
11-10-2001, 08:09 PM
Yah, Nacs400ex is right about the headpipes. Hey 3Hondas how far is Lakeworth from St.Augustine,because I live in St.Aug?
I went into Marcums ATV today and they are sme good people who work there,but ne ways I was holding a complete Big Gun Race series exhaust in my hands(headpipes and all) (ceramic coating) and it was sweet, I just wanted to walk out the store with it, they also had some trick American Racer tires,XTC's on beadlocks and bumpers and all for my 400ex. Man I about went crazy cause I wish I could have it all for free!

3hondas
11-11-2001, 06:04 PM
pro...
not too sure about the distance between. lake worth can be considered south west palm beach if that helps.
let me know what you find out on the distance.
any good ride areas there?

Pro400EXC
11-11-2001, 09:43 PM
Well, i like to ride in Ocala Forest,there tons of trails there. I think I am about 200 miles from you.