PDA

View Full Version : power commander map,, for a big bore kit on a ltr

Grant Casey
01-07-2008, 11:56 PM
hey soon i am getting a 500cc bore kit for my quad and hotcam stage 1 intake and stage 1 exhaust,,,,, i just wondering what u guys have done for the power commander map, to map it to these specific mods so.. coz i look on the website and there maps dont match the mods that i have,, so what have u guys done,,, do use have a map to match my mods,,,,,,,

my quads mods

500cc big bore kit
hotcam stage 1 intake, stage 1 exhuast
full yoshimura exhaust system
power commander,
rev extision plug
air box lid removed,

Colby@C&DRacing
01-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I have tried a lot of the PC maps in the LTR. I have found that the std maps build for a piped LTR without and air box lids are pretty close even our our big bore LTR's. They list a map on their site for a high comp piston,cam,head work etc but I haven't had any luck with this one it never runs right. Your best bet if you really want your LTR dialed in is to take it to a dyno tuning center and have a map customized for you. C&D Racing has been an authurized DYNOJET tuning center for a couple of years.

djise
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I've seen the maps for LRD and Yoshi are very different from the others, they seems to be very rich in comparison to others. In average, the LRD map is 3,7 , and the other (Sparks, i .e.) are -3 or -4.

Which map are you using for big bores? The LRD-Yoshi maps or the other ones?

Thanks.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-10-2008, 09:08 AM
The last LTR I build had the following mods

High comp piston
Hot cams
C&D Racing head porting
Sparks full exhaust
pro flow intake

On this we used the sparks map with some changes in the map at the 1000rpm to 2250 rpm range at 0 to 10% throttle.

Grant Casey
01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
is it possible to use say sparks maps, with my power commander.

djise
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The last LTR I build had the following mods

High comp piston
Hot cams
C&D Racing head porting
Sparks full exhaust
pro flow intake

On this we used the sparks map with some changes in the map at the 1000rpm to 2250 rpm range at 0 to 10% throttle.

Ok, thanks a lot!