PDA

View Full Version : gonna buy an exhuast soon...have questions..

rockrat46
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Hello, I am in dire need of a new pipe for my '02 400ex and i was looking at purchasing an HMF slip-on. I love the sound and from what I hear the gains are pretty good too. My only problem is that where I ride in California, we need a spark arrestor. Does the HMF have a spark arrestor? thanks for any feedback. Does anyone have any opinions on what pipe they like for their 400ex?....I have searched the threads and didn't find to much useful information...please advise. Thanks!!!

TheNewn
01-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Yes you should be able to buy a spark arrestor for the HMF exhaust. Its probably like 20 bucks or so extra. And I believe that the HMF systems are probably the best Bang for the Buck out there.

Go for it and get the HMF, get the spark arrestor too. And before you buy anything, you should shop around and just see what places have the best prices and such. Lots of places have free shipping over 100 dollars. like rockymountainatv.com but i dont know if they sell HMF products.

People are probably going to tell you lots of things about whichever exhaust they think is best, but i think you made the right choice the first time. Get HMF.

TheNewn
01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I've bought a few things from this site

http://www.jokersracing.com/content-product_info/product_id-7279/honda_trx_400ex_hmf_sport_series_exhaust_hmf.html

If you read the notes it says its already spark arrested. Just choose in the little pull down tab 'slip on' and it'll subtract 220ish bucks. so dont let that price scare you.

rockrat46
01-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the info and website, Newn! I was on the HMF webpage and it didn't say anything about having a spark arrestor already. This pretty much seals the the deal. I will try and get some pictures up when I get it. Thanks again.

fourtrax250r
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
have you considered ct exhaust? i hear good things about it and it is the disk design so im pretty sure it comes us forestry approved for sparks.

ohiomotoxer
01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
ALL HMF exhaust come with a spark arrestor.

rockrat46
01-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I have looked at most pipes. I am looking for deeper sounding pipe; looking to stay away from the disc type arrestors.

RATPACK Z400
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Curtis Sparks or duncan are my favs. for that quad.

rockrat46
01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I am gonna go ahead and get the hmf. I really like the deep sound this pipe has. Thanks again to all you guys that had input. I really appreciate seeing all opinions especially since i am new to quads and mods. Thanks guys.

250exkid
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
hmf is high pitched compared to a sparks or duncan or go all out and get the original DMC alien!