PDA

View Full Version : Sparks or Webcam

blue_ex_rider
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Has anybody tried either the webcam 463/9i or the sparks x4 cam . I was wondering which one would give me the most hp and torque. I already have the webcam just havent put it in yet. But I want to put in the one that is going to give em the mopst power. So any one with experience with either of these please share some info. My 400 is highly moddded w and all I do is drag race on dirt so I dont know which would be best for my ridding style. I jst want to wake this engine up the most I can I ahve heard the sparks is equal to the webcam stage to the 479 grind but sparks toled me it was equal to the stage 3 the 463/9i. So I dont really know which to go with.

drew416ex
01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, i dont know for sure but its a pretty safe bet it is the same as the web 479, or 463/9i. Many companies do this. They order ao many of them that web will put the other companies name on it so they can say it is theirs.

blue_ex_rider
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Yea I dont know which to go with . You usually give good advice and know what you talkin about so I will give you my mods and you tell me which you would go wioth
7mm stroker crank with a 440 je 12.5"1 to make it a 490
port and polished head
oversized valves intake and exhaust
41mm lectron carb
sparks x6 big core exhaust
20 shot of nitrous
That is all I can think of off teh top of my head. So if you were goign to drag this quad 200 and 300ft what would you do with

drew416ex
01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Not sure. Your best bet to get the piston to fit right without any problems is to get one custom made for that crank. Most just go with oversized intake valves to keep some back pressure for lowend but with a 490 over sized intake and exhaust would prob work better. Deff the sparks pipe, but ive never really delt with that carb. I mainly mess with the fcr and love those. You may want to try the web 479. You wont lose as much low end and still have good top end.

blue_ex_rider
01-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Well I got my crank bulit by a local builder here inkentucjky. And I called him up and asked him what pistion he ran and said it was a je and that all I would have to do is get some yakin off of the skirt to fit the crank. So I just figured since this was a je pistion that it would prolly work but i guess I might be wrong. But I dont know what kind of pstion was in ti to start out with cause it was to busted up were teh valve stuck in it to tell.