PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Corvette ZR1

Hondaracing819
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
anybody see this thing.. pretty b.a. if you ask me, 620HP supercharged 595lb-ft torque .. Reach well over 200 and does 65 in 1st gear, 0-60 in the low 3's, looks pretty good too

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009ChevroletCorvetteZR1P/1000345442

Robin Hood
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Beautiful car. Is this the "blue devil" I've been hearing about?

Hondamaster5505
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
i read about this in a magazine a couple days ago.

This things FREAKIN SICK:devil:

The guys like, if we can do all that with a $60,000 car, imagine what we can do with a $100,000 car.

Sad part is its still only 1/3 the price of a lambroguini murcielago:eek2:

07250ex
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
yeh i've read about it .. awesome looking car with alot of power

01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I voted no. I'd get one of these....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/NISSAN_GT-R.JPG/800px-NISSAN_GT-R.JPG
3.8 TT V6
475 hp at ALL four wheels, 434 ftlbs of tourqe at all four wheels.
Top speed: 310 km/h (193 mph)
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.3 seconds
Standing 1/4-mile: 11.6 s at 190 km/h (118 mph)

FHKracingZ
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
the current z06 with radials can break into the 10's. can a nissan do that?

Titanium
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
the current z06 with radials can break into the 10's. can a nissan do that?

I thought that they were in the 11's...

trxwannbe
01-08-2008, 07:43 AM
mmm the skyline R35 but honestly for the money you would be spending on either of those get a Skyline R34 V-Spec II Nur very hard to find but unbelievably fast when done correctly and anyone question that this is what mines skyline is based off of and if you don't know what mines skyline is look it up on youtube

parkers30
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Beautiful car. Is this the "blue devil" I've been hearing about?

Yes, this is what the 'blue devil' project produced. This car has been in development that I know of for at the least 3 years. Kinda nuts. It is an amazingly beautiful and should be a very nice/fast car.

RideRed84
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

I voted yes because I would love to blow the doors off of people like you.

72 chevelle ss
01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
I thought that they were in the 11's...

No, guy on another site got into the 10s with his.

Ghost-Rider
01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
No thanks. And I love how the hood window just shows you a plastic cover...

Hondamaster5505
01-08-2008, 01:19 PM
the zr1 looks way more fun than that Nissan posted above^

When i buy a sportscar, i wanna burn the tires, drift around turns, and screw around.

Therefore who wants AWD on a sportscar?

Maybe for initial take-off, but no fun otherise.

Mean250r
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
Hell yeah! that :chinese: Nissan:chinese: wouldnt stand a chance against that ZR1!

XXXRACER165
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
Hell yeah! that :chinese: Nissan:chinese: wouldnt stand a chance against that ZR1!

But this one would............OHHH.......BURRRRRRRRN!

01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
lol you GT-R haters are silly.

01-08-2008, 02:55 PM

People like me? What kind of person am I?
:o You can't call me a ricer, because if you think that's rice, then you don't know **** about cars. You can't say I don't like American cars, because you don't know me. Did I say the GT-R could beat the vette? No.

Now I can easily classify you by that comment as a domestic fanboi. I can easily tell that your ignorant about any non American car, and that your living in a dream world where America builds the best cars.
:o :rolleyes:

elmer91
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
i voted yes, that car is bad. i have always been a corvette and chevy fan, but this car is just awesome. it is the new american muscle.

01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

When i buy a sportscar, i wanna burn the tires, drift around turns, and screw around.

If your not able to drift or screw around in an AWD car, well you shouldn't be driving a sports car in the first place.

XXXRACER165
01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
If your not able to drift or screw around in an AWD car, well you shouldn't be driving a sports car in the first place.

EXACTLY!!!

reptikes
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!

Hondamaster5505
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM

I didnt say you cant, we do it all the time in my moms forester:rolleyes:

But what im saying is its SO MUCH more fun drifting and screwing around in a RWD car.

Can you smoke the tires at a standstill, and not go anywhere?

EXACTLY

Its especially fun on RWD cars if you get those tires that burn colored smoke:devil:

01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.euromelee.com/burnout2.jpg

Ron89
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I didnt say you cant, we do it all the time in my moms forester:rolleyes:

But what im saying is its SO MUCH more fun drifting and screwing around in a RWD car.

Can you smoke the tires at a standstill, and not go anywhere?

EXACTLY

Its especially fun on RWD cars if you get those tires that burn colored smoke:devil:
LOL...dude, if you buy that corvette to "screw around" that is the biggest waste of money. AWD is key no matter what, hands down. I would take the Nissan over the vette any day. Is the corvette faster? Maybe in a 1/4 mile but who cares. That Nissan was probably tuned at Nürburgring and can blow the doors off that silly vette at the track.
You are comparing apples to oranges. The fact that a track car like that Nissan with a v6 can keep up with vettes at the drag strip is pathetic on its own. IMO, that vette is an engine and 4 wheels. If I wanted that power, I would just build up an old muscle car. That Nissan will shine in 1000000 other areas than just "screwing around" and drag racing.

You know what they say, God created turbo lag to give v8s a chance, LOL.

01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
LOL...dude, if you buy that corvette to "screw around" that is the biggest waste of money. AWD is key no matter what, hands down. I would take the Nissan over the vette any day. Is the corvette faster? Maybe in a 1/4 mile but who cares. That Nissan was probably tuned at Nürburgring and can blow the doors off that silly vette at the track.
You are comparing apples to oranges. The fact that a track car like that Nissan with a v6 can keep up with vettes at the drag strip is pathetic on its own. IMO, that vette is an engine and 4 wheels. If I wanted that power, I would just build up an old muscle car. That Nissan will shine in 1000000 other areas than just "screwing around" and drag racing.

You know what they say, God created turbo lag to give v8s a chance, LOL.

I agree 100%. The GT-R was tuned at the Nurburgring, and lapped it in 7:38.
The z06 had a lap of 7:42.9. So, yes the GT-R is faster.

Hondamaster5505
01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree 100%. The GT-R was tuned at the Nurburgring, and lapped it in 7:38.
The z06 had a lap of 7:42.9. So, yes the GT-R is faster.

Ok, thats the ZO6, which is only 500hp.

The zr1 is, hmm, 620HP!!

Plus which do you think is more stressed, the v8, or that lil TT V6? That engine is highly stressed and such.

And by screwing around, i mean who wouldnt do ocasional burnouts and slides if you had a 620hp car:rolleyes:

You guys are copmaring this 470hp nissan to the 500hp corvette.

The zr1 is designed for handling better and going fast

parkers30
01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
But that is the z06 which is not only heavier and underpowered compared to the ZR1, but also has smaller tires and wheels, smaller brakes, and more of street car in comparison. Why don't you guys wait until the ZR1 hits the market before you start ripping it apart? for 100k there will not much if anything that will be able to hang.

01-08-2008, 04:34 PM

The zr1 is, hmm, 620HP!!

Plus which do you think is more stressed, the v8, or that lil TT V6? That engine is highly stressed and such.

And by screwing around, i mean who wouldnt do ocasional burnouts and slides if you had a 620hp car:rolleyes:

Your comparing the top of the line ZR1 to the base GT-R.:o

Oh so since the GTR's v6 is TT that means its stressed. Just like Fords TT powerstroke diesel, or any diesel for that matter, what about 911 Turbos, there 6 cyls too, Nissan's TT 300zx, the 3000GT, STI, Evo, or any turbo'd car.
I'm sure Nissan did there homework on the GT-R and didnt just slap a pair of turbo's on one of there v6 motors.

Your also forgetting, Japanese cars don't die.

Hondamaster5505
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
you guys are actin like i comp. hate imports.:rolleyes:

Before i read about the zr1, i read about the gtr, and i admit, i was impressed.

But i still think the zr1 will be better

01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
you guys are actin like i comp. hate imports.:rolleyes:

Before i read about the zr1, i read about the gtr, and i admit, i was impressed.

But i still think the zr1 will be better

Well for the extra $30,000(compared to the GT-R which I think is 70k) it should be better.

bigbadbubba
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
out of the 2 i would take the nissan, the corvette is just that, a corvette. by the time you can afford one you will be old and just want it to say " look i'm old and can finally afford this " and won't screw around with it like you would if you were 20, you would have more respect for the car and take care of it.

what i would do is take that money
find a 1969 r/t charger hemi
and go balls out on it.

probably end up costing less and people will drool over that more then they would the corvette and you the smoke you can get from that ...... oh the smoke, and if hemi isn't your thing 440 supercharged would do just fine :devil:

Hondamaster5505
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
out of the 2 i would take the nissan, the corvette is just that, a corvette. by the time you can afford one you will be old and just want it to say " look i'm old and can finally afford this " and won't screw around with it like you would if you were 20, you would have more respect for the car and take care of it.

what i would do is take that money
find a 1969 r/t charger hemi
and go balls out on it.

probably end up costing less and people will drool over that more then they would the corvette and you the smoke you can get from that ...... oh the smoke, and if hemi isn't your thing 440 supercharged would do just fine :devil:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!:huh

Corvettes are some of the cheapest sports cars at that level around!

The c6 is just $60,000
The ZO6 is just $70,000
The zr1 is $100,000

Compare that $100,000 to a car that preforms the same that are in the 200-300 Thousand range (ex. lambroguini, porshe, etc.)

The kinda car that says, "Look, i can afford this" is like a lambo, bentley, etc. Not the corvette.

But 440 chargers are pretty sick:devil:

My dad might be gettin a built 400hp 73 stingray:devil:

01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
gt-r all the way sure the vette is fun if your 50 years old and wanna drive your wife down to the beach to show her the sunset but if you want to impress the chicks the nissan will be the car for the job. Impressive looks and outstanding handling will blow the vette out of the water any day and may I say that sure the vette might be one of the cheapest high hp supercars produced but did you noticed the quality of the car. Ferrari dosent cost 100gz more for no reasons its made out of the best and its made to last on the other hand the vette is made a bit cheap compared to most other sport cars

bigbadbubba
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!:huh

Corvettes are some of the cheapest sports cars at that level around!

The c6 is just $60,000
The ZO6 is just $70,000
The zr1 is $100,000

Compare that $100,000 to a car that preforms the same that are in the 200-300 Thousand range (ex. lambroguini, porshe, etc.)

The kinda car that says, "Look, i can afford this" is like a lambo, bentley, etc. Not the corvette.

But 440 chargers are pretty sick:devil:

My dad might be gettin a built 400hp 73 stingray:devil:

no corvettes are the " look im old and can finally afford this car" the lambo bentleys ect, are the " look im rich and need to have the fastest thing out "

elmer91
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
gt-r all the way sure the vette is fun if your 50 years old and wanna drive your wife down to the beach to show her the sunset but if you want to impress the chicks the nissan will be the car for the job. Impressive looks and outstanding handling will blow the vette out of the water any day and may I say that sure the vette might be one of the cheapest high hp supercars produced but did you noticed the quality of the car. Ferrari dosent cost 100gz more for no reasons its made out of the best and its made to last on the other hand the vette is made a bit cheap compared to most other sport cars

where i live, you would get more chicks drivin a vette. and if you altered the looks of the GT-R, you would just get lauged at by most.

bigbadbubba
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
where i live, you would get more chicks drivin a vette. and if you altered the looks of the GT-R, you would just get lauged at by most.

then where you live girls must only have one tooth also :p j/k

how bout we say this

there both nice cars, and it all comes down to personal preference........ but American muscle always wins.

01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
then where you live girls must only have one tooth also :p j/k

how bout we say this

there both nice cars, and it all comes down to personal preference........ but American muscle always wins.

American Muscle? pshhhhhh that died awhile ago.
Hyundai has more muscle than the Americans.

2008 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 v8 - 300hp.
The new Hyundai Genesis- 4.6 v8 368hp.

Korean Muscle?:chinese:

The new Cadillac CTS-V on the other hand is muscle. The same engine as the zr1 vette, minus the supercharger, so 550 hp. That's American muscle. The vette zr1 is more of a supercar.

440racer66
01-08-2008, 07:48 PM
im with the "ricers" on here i would have a skyline before anything else. and i would love to have a 69 charger im a car guy thats it i love any car that is well built and fast. i have a 92 lude and my best friend has one too. they are peppy lil things and get great gas mileage but i like the skyline so much that i bought a skyline like front bumper

elmer91
01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
im with the "ricers" on here i would have a skyline before anything else. and i would love to have a 69 charger im a car guy thats it i love any car that is well built and fast. i have a 92 lude and my best friend has one too. they are peppy lil things and get great gas mileage but i like the skyline so much that i bought a skyline like front bumper

i like domestic cars, and mainly trucks. but out of all of the rice cars out there, the skyline is the only one i would one. that car is a great car, and i would drive one. other than that car, that is about it.

Ron89
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM

The zr1 is, hmm, 620HP!!

Hp means nothing, its all about how it puts it to the ground. Again, that is why the Nissan has AWD. The vette was built for bragging rights IMO. Its a "hey, my vette has 600 horespower" conversation piece. The Nissan was built to be raced and can handle the high amount of abuse from actual racing. I couldn't imagine anyone tracking a car with 600HP RWD and not crapping their pants around bends, especially if it comes stock with the typical American body roll...the car would be 1 wheel drive. Who knows, for 100grand, that car better come gold-plated.

01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Hp means nothing, its all about how it puts it to the ground. Again, that is why the Nissan has AWD. The vette was built for bragging rights IMO. Its a "hey, my vette has 600 horespower" conversation piece. The Nissan was built to be raced and can handle the high amount of abuse from actual racing. I couldn't imagine anyone tracking a car with 600HP RWD and not crapping their pants around bends, especially if it comes stock with the typical American body roll...the car would be 1 wheel drive. Who knows, for 100grand, that car better come gold-plated.

unfortunately the vette is not gold plated or even made with quality material.

As for the kid who said the skyline is the only good import car he must of not seen many for under 80gz you can get

1)skyline gtr
2) Evo 10 or 9
3) Sti new and old
4) New supra (2009)
5) older m3
6)new m3
7) audi rs4

and theres just so many more but any of the cars on that list handle like a dream and are worth every penny

Toadz400
01-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know why I read this entire thread as it upset me to see that people are still immature and argue like little girls.

I voted Yes on the Corvette because if I had the money I could buy it. If you actually read about this car you'd know that it's not the typical Corvette but built to actually compete with all the $200k+ sports cars in the power and handling department.

Sure that Nissan is nice and I'd probably buy it if I had the money also, but that's not what the thread was about. It's about the new ZR1. You're just scared now that American companies are starting to get their heads out of their rear ends and getting back in the competition. Get over it.

*Steps off soap box*

parkers30
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM

The c6 is just $60,000
The ZO6 is just $70,000
The zr1 is $100,000

A standard c6 is actually sub $50, and thats saying you are paying sticker.

01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400

Sure that Nissan is nice and I'd probably buy it if I had the money also, but that's not what the thread was about. It's about the new ZR1. You're just scared now that American companies are starting to get their heads out of their rear ends and getting back in the competition. Get over it.

*Steps off soap box*

No, the question is if I would buy it. And I said no. This is an open forum, whats the point of a poll if you cant say no?

450Rchaser
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
09 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L supercharged. It may not be as fast but proto type car made 550HP/550TQ. It all around luxury.

01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
09 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L supercharged. It may not be as fast but proto type car made 550HP/550TQ. It all around luxury.

I'd take that. It's got the same engine as the zr1, and Nurburgring tuned.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
You guys can keep argueing between your nissan n vettes..

But why? Will any of you ever own a vette or nissan? And if you do own them are you going to use the 620hp? I DOUBT IT!

They are both badass in my opinion

Ron89
01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't know why I read this entire thread as it upset me to see that people are still immature and argue like little girls.

I voted Yes on the Corvette because if I had the money I could buy it. If you actually read about this car you'd know that it's not the typical Corvette but built to actually compete with all the $200k+ sports cars in the power and handling department.

*Steps off soap box*
If what we're doing is so immature then America has no point in being free... If it makes you angry, why read it? A valid question was asked, we, god forbid, had another answer than "yea sweet" or some other useless answer and now we're immature?...LOL. I think people are just sour over the fact that their beloved all American Chevrolet is more foreign than Hyundai. We aren't arguing to be honest, we are just trying to sweep up some of the blunt ignorance people have against foreign cars. Some of the stuff I read on here is so wrong its actually humorous.

Ron89
01-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
You guys can keep argueing between your nissan n vettes..

But why? Will any of you ever own a vette or nissan? And if you do own them are you going to use the 620hp? I DOUBT IT!

They are both badass in my opinion
620 HP is very usable if your car can get it to the ground well. I see people with STis running 550 and track it no problem. The car is not a handful and they actually want more!

FHKracingZ
01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
ron how about you just shut up.. before i go get my neon and waste your sti.

Every one of you that are putting up an argument for the GSR are ignorant. Seriouslly.

Mark my words on here right now.

if the GSR will out perform the vette zr1 on a track , strip, or any performance aspect i will give every one of you $25 via paypal.

Have any of you ridden or driven a c6 z06? honestly? im not ragging on the nissan, its a sweet car no doubt. But comparing it to the new zr1 is flat out ignorant. The skyline will have its hands full with the current z06.

01-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Every one of you that are putting up an argument for the GSR are ignorant. Seriouslly.

if the GSR will out perform the vette zr1 on a track , strip, or any performance aspect i will give every one of you $25 via paypal.

Have any of you ridden or driven a c6 z06? honestly? im not ragging on the nissan, its a sweet car no doubt. But comparing it to the new zr1 is flat out ignorant. The skyline will have its hands full with the current z06.

I didnt know we were talking about bikes?

The GTR already did beat the z06 on a track. Ever hear of the Nurburgring? Probably not. Numbers dont lie.

GT-R = 7:38.

Z06 = 7:42.9
You cant argue with Nurburgring times.

When will I get that $25?

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
You cant argue with Nurburgring times.

OMG!:grr:

If i here that damn word Nurburgring one more time!

GOD FORBID a car isn't Nurburgring tuned, its a piece of crap!:rolleyes:

Did you ever think driver skill/error may have contibuted at all??:huh

Its not all about the car, as it is about the driver too.

:huh

01-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Did you ever think driver skill/error may have contibuted at all??:huh

Its not all about the car, as it is about the driver too.

Nurburgring Nurburgring Nurburgring Nurburgring Nurburgring.

BTW, the time they use isn't the time from some random joe blow driving the car. It was most likely some F1 driver.

Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. - Jay-Z

XXXRACER165
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
What brews u drinkn' & herbs u smokin' that make u soo irritable?

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
What brews u drinkn' & herbs u smokin' that make u soo irritable?

Im not irritable, im just sick of that word. lmao

Im only 14, i dont have access to those certain herbs, hahaha

XXXRACER165
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Im not irritable, im just sick of that word.

Don't like something? WALK AWAY!

07250ex
01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Im not irritable, im just sick of that word. lmao

Im only 14, i dont have access to those certain herbs, hahaha

10 year olds can get herb lol

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Don't like something? WALK AWAY!

Whos the one thats iritable tonight?

i was making a point that not EVERYTHING has to be Nurburgring tested to be perfect.

01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
all american cars can do is go in a straight line its really unbelivable how a 4 cylinder sti can out run and kill a mustang on turns which is a v8. American auto makers belive in the theory "bigger engine more power" well it aint true and the foreign auto makers have proven that theory wrong many time

416exfreak
01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Im a die hard Ford guy....

Id thrash it for a little while, sell it and build myself a nice 86-93 hatch back stang.

:devil:

416exfreak
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
all american cars can do is go in a straight line its really unbelivable how a 4 cylinder sti can out run and kill a mustang on turns which is a v8. American auto makers belive in the theory "bigger engine more power" well it aint true and the foreign auto makers have proven that theory wrong many time

American cars are also heavier. More weight= more velocity and harder to turn but also harder to stop. Your ricer might take a turn better, but I guarantee you that it cant pin you in the seat while it goes from 0-160 in 8 seconds.:macho

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM

Ok lets see..

The corvettes handle excellent.

The FORD GT handles extremely excellent.

Pontiac Fieros handled pretty crisply.

and theres more.

So i dont understand when you say "all american cars can do is go in a straight line"

And of course the sti can beat the mustangs. I never really liked stangs that much. Except for the old boss.

01-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok lets see..

The corvettes handle excellent.

The FORD GT handles extremely excellent.

Pontiac Fieros handled pretty crisply.

and theres more.

So i dont understand when you say "all american cars can do is go in a straight line"

And of course the sti can beat the mustangs. I never really liked stangs that much. Except for the old boss.

dude the evo and the sti which are only about 30gz can out handle any of the cars you listed and thats a proven fact

416exfreak
01-09-2008, 06:34 PM
dude the evo and the sti which are only about 30gz can out handle any of the cars you listed and thats a proven fact

lmao.

Your a moron.

You think an EVO or an STI can outhandle a Ford GT?

wow...go do some reading there buddy.:huh

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Ok, and i am all for the evo's and sti's, they're actually some of my favorite cars.

My point being is that american cars dont just go in a straight line.

And also, you can get the V6 fieros for like $1000 that are quick and handle crisp;) lol

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
lmao.

Your a moron.

You think an EVO or an STI can outhandle a Ford GT?

wow...go do some reading there buddy.:huh

x2, the corvette and the GT will outhandle an evo or sti, what you smokin

01-09-2008, 06:52 PM
8:37 --- 143.44 km/h -- Subaru Impreza GT Turbo, 218 PS/1290 kg (sport auto 03/00)

8:40 --- 142.62 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette C5 automatic, 344 PS/1505 kg (sport auto 07/97)

8:44.83 141.30 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette Coupe, 339 PS, automatic (Top Gear magazine)

8:36.42 143.60 km/h -- BMW M3 EVO, 321hp (Top Gear magazine)

8:35 --- 144.00 km/h -- BMW M3 SMG E36, 321 PS/1515 kg (sport auto 03/97)

8:28.93 145.69 km/h -- Subaru Impreza WRX sedan (1992) www.subaru.com.hk/pdf/SNW0404.pdf

PROOF

---8:25 --- 146.85 km/h -- Corvette Callaway C12, 400 PS/1564 kg (sport auto 04/99

---8:24 --- 147.14 km/h -- Subaru Impreza WRX STi (sport auto 05/04)

8:06.01 152.59 km/h -- Subaru WRX Sti C-spec (Best Motoring video "Carrera Invasion")

theres many more time but i think couple of these track times may prove the point

416exfreak
01-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Your still talking chit about cornering ability.

You havent had a comeback for a straightline race.

And notice that a Ford GT wasnt in any of those lap times.;)

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 06:57 PM

The STI would be wiping the Ford GT's Hiney, LMAO:D

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Once the regular c6 caught traction, it caught up in no time and won.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1643288384678939702&q=Impreza+vs+corvette&total=15&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

97 corvette beating a heavily modified WRX

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5226842900441482540&q=Impreza+vs+corvette&total=15&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

01-09-2008, 07:17 PM

well duhh a vette would win in a straight line. I mean its only got twice the engine.

XXXRACER165
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll have to ask for a ride in my dads friends car. It's a superlight Corvette with a twin turbo RX7 motor in it and a wide body kit. Then I'll talk cornering with you guys. I saw a picture of it and it had TONS of camber front & back. It's sick!

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Can your sti's do this stock?

IDC who you are, this is fasst!

ZO6 CORVETTE, 0-200MPH

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6615723204196717740&q=73+corvette&total=44&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

416exfreak
01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
The STI would be wiping the Ford GT's Hiney, LMAO:D

Yea it would. The ford GT would bea tit so bad that it would make the STI into its own personal bit*h.:blah:

Mean250r
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM

STFU!! who the **** cares about nurbergring?! Are you ever going to race on that track?! NO! Are any of us on this forum going to? Most likely not! Who the hell cares if its nurbergring tuned! If your goin to race anyone, its most likely goin to be on the road (illegal i know) or on a drag strip. Not on a track.

Mean250r
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM

STFU!! who the **** cares about nurbergring?! Are you ever going to race on that track?! NO! Are any of us on this forum going to? Most likely not! Who the hell cares if its nurbergring tuned! If your goin to race anyone, its most likely goin to be on the road (illegal i know) or on a drag strip. Not on a track.

Ron89
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Lol CHILLLL OUT. You guys get sooo fired up, telling me to "shut up." Take a breath hahaha. I'm not saying the vette is garbage, I'm saying, IMO, it isn't worth 100 grand. And about the Ford gt crap...give me a break. Okay, lets compare the MSRP and availability here? What a pathetic attempt to slam a car. That's like me saying that a Camaro sucks compared to a Mclaren or something... duhhhh. The funny part is I saw a video on youtube of an STi DRAG RACING and beating a ford gt 40, even after the crappiest launch ever. Have you ever watched Top Gear? The Evo beat a TON of the supercars and many others, it was right under the Pagani Zonda and above the Lambo Murcielago in track times.

Go ahead and compare my car to $100,000 supercars, it makes me feel like I made a wise purchase!

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM

lmao, finally someone who understands how annoying the Nurburgring is!

Ron89
01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Again, that is very untrue. I know a ton of people with STis that track their cars. Go ahead and check on iwsti.com. Some people are so serious that thats what they have that car for and thats it. And does it matter if the car is tuned at a track? HECK YES it does. The last thing a car company wants to do is sell a race car and make it unsafe on the track. That would be a very foolish move. Would you buy a car that looks like a racecar but is all show and no go?

01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
STFU!! who the **** cares about nurbergring?! Are you ever going to race on that track?! NO! Are any of us on this forum going to? Most likely not! Who the hell cares if its nurbergring tuned! If your goin to race anyone, its most likely goin to be on the road (illegal i know) or on a drag strip. Not on a track. lol I was sticking up for the cts and I get bashed. Unfournatly your right, all we Americans care about is drag racing. I wish there where as much race tracks as drag strips.

440racer66
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
haha i love american cars and i love imports but ive seen plenty of vetts and vipers get waxed up in out mountains by ricers haha i agree alot of it has to do with the driver. but when you get that kind of money in that car it should beat a 30 thousand dollar car. theres a ton of moutain runs we go too and yes i take my car out there and mustangs my god they get mad when i buzz past them. but when they get to a strait they sometimes blister me all i know is why are we argueing about a car that most of us will never have the money to own haha.

parkers30
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by 440racer66
haha i love american cars and i love imports but ive seen plenty of vetts and vipers get waxed up in out mountains by ricers haha i agree alot of it has to do with the driver. but when you get that kind of money in that car it should beat a 30 thousand dollar car. theres a ton of moutain runs we go too and yes i take my car out there and mustangs my god they get mad when i buzz past them. but when they get to a strait they sometimes blister me all i know is why are we argueing about a car that most of us will never have the money to own haha.

Someone must not know how to drive then, or those ricers are very heavily modified.

For less than $500 a Vette, GT500, Viper etc can all make an extra 75-100hp at the crank and walk all over most any car, except the gt500 when the road gets curvy.

If any of you had experienced 600hp running balls out this wouldn't be a pissing match. Everyone would commend each for what they can do.

01-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
Someone must not know how to drive then, or those ricers are very heavily modified.

For less than $500 a Vette, GT500, Viper etc can all make an extra 75-100hp at the crank and walk all over most any car, except the gt500 when the road gets curvy.

If any of you had experienced 600hp running balls out this wouldn't be a pissing match. Everyone would commend each for what they can do.

dude if your paying 100gz+ why do u need mods??? Its a waste of money. Its like saying putting turbos on a ferrari its not nessasary their fast stock and can whip vettes and vipers but yes they are twice the price

440racer66
01-10-2008, 07:47 AM
no they know how to drive but sti's are nasty. i have rode in a viper and a vette they are really impressive but i like the thought of the underdog car the cheaper car coming on top.

FHKracingZ
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
its funny mr. STi keeps talking, yet he didnt respond to my question. if your talking about how bad a sti on the strip. lets do some racing then.

i raced my srt4 that has a wastegate, pcm, intake, and thats it against my friends STi that has a intake and exhaust. and beat him by 1 1/2 cars. at the strip. he ran a 13.4. and i ran a 13.0 at 109mph.

thanks for making me feel wise about my decision about my 15,000 NEON that can beat your 35k sti.

you wanna play this game it goes back and forth car after car.

nh591
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser

I second that those caddys are sick. The 08' sts-v is a 4.4L supercharged makin 469HP/439TQ.

parkers30
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
dude if your paying 100gz+ why do u need mods??? Its a waste of money. Its like saying putting turbos on a ferrari its not nessasary their fast stock and can whip vettes and vipers but yes they are twice the price

never mind... just keep stroking your ego, I'm sure it feels great to not listen to anyone else. I'm out.

01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
never mind... just keep stroking your ego, I'm sure it feels great to not listen to anyone else. I'm out.

knowledge is power

Ron89
01-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Ok, where to start:
1)CHILL OUT
2)What question did you ask??? If it was have I ridden in z06, the answer is yes. My uncle owns a yellow one and my buddy's grandfather has a modded one for drag racing that almost got beat by a lightly modded EVO (we always rag on him because of that)
3)I don't care how fast your SRT is...it's still a neon, calm down. There's a reason it was 15k. It's front wheel drive for god's sake.
4)You raced one sti and it probably wasn't even tuned after the mods, which is what a pipe and an intake? That's practically nothing.
5)I've seen stock STi's run better times than that
6)My buddy has a modded LS1 trans am and it was beat by a random guy's WRX which is a 2.0 mind you.

You can go back and forth on what car is faster but who cares. The only thing I think is that I don't believe the vette is a 100grand car. No need to tell people to shut up or punch the monitor in a big fit. Personally, I would love that vette, it's got great brakes and power but for 100g, no thanks. Another member posted another take on this subject by posting a rival car and he gets bashed, so it's only fair to throw a little back. Only difference is I never trash talked anyone, but you guys get so fired up it's kind of humorous. My car is nowhere near the fastest car out there, not even close. Infact, my car had relatively low HP but the bonuses and potential is worth the price. By the way, you SRT boys are talked about in EVERY car forum as being disrespectful and immature, now I know why.

P.S. It's called a GTR, the GSR is the motor in some Integras, the b18 I believe.

Hondamaster5505
01-10-2008, 04:03 PM
The STi's are still some of my favorite cars, but id rather have the corvette.

When i turn 16, im getting a job at a Honda/yamaha dealership so i get part discounts, and im gonna look for a dealer that sells used cars.

Once i do, i wanna try to get an STi under $10,000 (yes, i have seen them that low) and get payments for it. That way i can still have enough money for insurance, etc. but i can take the car payments out of my paycheck.

Ill probably have to be promoted in the atv dealership before i can afford the payments, but that wont be a problem. Im very mechanically inclined and will probably be promoted to the back easily.:D

Ron89
01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
The STi's are still some of my favorite cars, but id rather have the corvette.

When i turn 16, im getting a job at a Honda/yamaha dealership so i get part discounts, and im gonna look for a dealer that sells used cars.

Once i do, i wanna try to get an STi under $10,000 (yes, i have seen them that low) and get payments for it. That way i can still have enough money for insurance, etc. but i can take the car payments out of my paycheck.

Ill probably have to be promoted in the atv dealership before i can afford the payments, but that wont be a problem. Im very mechanically inclined and will probably be promoted to the back easily.:D
The discount is nice when you work for a dealership. It's a good way to make some side money on friend's cars too.

Hondamaster5505
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
The discount is nice when you work for a dealership. It's a good way to make some side money on friend's cars too.

Yeah, i can work on ATV's, which i love to do.

Then like you said fixing friends cars.

And payments on an sti:devil:

I would even be happy with an outback/forester turbo.

Add a few go-go parts that make it a lil faster than a stock STi, then you'll be the granny sleeper that nobody seen comin:eek2:

parkers30
01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
knowledge is power

I don't want to even honor this with a comment, but I couldn't resist.

Knowledge is power huh? Lets review a few facts:

Your commented on those $100k cars after I mentioned the GT500, Vette, and Viper.

Two of these retail under 50k, the other under 75k. You say its a waste of money to do simple mods, but with each of these cars that money is merely an insurance payment, a months worth of fuel and definitely a drop in the hat for anyone who buys these cars. I know very few people leave their cars stock. I have a good friend with a GT500 that has almost 10k in mods on the car and more are on the way. Nothing like an 800hp street car.

You claim that a Evo or STi out handle a ford GT is which is nothing short of a joke. I would love to see equal driver make an STi keep up with GT on a track or on the street. Again your lack of experience shines through. Nurburgring lap times are so subjective that I don't even want to see them. There are semi-pro drivers who know every turn that may put down better times than an F1 drivers just from their experience. Day to Day variences also kill any comparison you may like to bring.

When you graduate highschool, college, and actually get to ride in or drive a few of the supercars and sports cars; please, tell me what you think.

Ron89
01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, i can work on ATV's, which i love to do.

Then like you said fixing friends cars.

And payments on an sti:devil:

I would even be happy with an outback/forester turbo.

Add a few go-go parts that make it a lil faster than a stock STi, then you'll be the granny sleeper that nobody seen comin:eek2:
That or even do an sti swap. Talk about a sleeper...gotta love it.

Hondamaster5505
01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
That or even do an sti swap. Talk about a sleeper...gotta love it.

hahaha. the looks on their faces when they lose to an outback:eek2:

One guy pulled up to us with his drunk buddies in one of those turbo mazda SUV things. We were in my dads 454 GMC on our way home from Olive Garden.

We raced for like maybe 300ft or a little more when the light turned green on a 2-lane highway type-street.

Moral is, we kicked their arse in a giant elephant:devil:

bigbadbubba
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
* reaches in pocket *
* manages to pull out 2 pennies and some lint *
* places in 2 cent jar *

AMERICAN MUSCLE. :devil:

children, please grow up, why argue??? do you honestly think you will bring a life changing view of life on another individual on a web site????

Toadz400
01-10-2008, 04:55 PM
On a piped 400EX I've drag raced a piped YFZ450 and won, over and over again. I can also out ride my friend on a track.

According to many people in this thread, I've just proven that 400EX's are faster and obviously a better investment than a YFZ450.:blah:

01-10-2008, 04:57 PM
On a piped 400EX I've drag raced a piped YFZ450 and won, over and over again. I can also out ride my friend on a track.

According to many people in this thread, I've just proven that 400EX's are faster and obviously a better investment than a YFZ450.:blah:

So thats why you own a YFZ?

FHKracingZ
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
You just dont get it do you dude. and your STI is still a impreza..

A c6 z06 can hit 10's with just radials and a damn good driver who can get to the 60 foot in under 1.5 . So before you go ragging on a z06 with mod's getting beat by a lightly modded evo, realize the fact that you are an idiot..

You dont get my comparison do you?

I can take my SRT4 and romp your STi.
- but its still not a STi and isnt as nice.

I can take a STi with a few mods and beat a z06.

- But its still not as nice as a z06.

I can take a z06 and beat lambo's , ferrari's and such.

- but it still isnt as nice as one.

do you get my point now?

Toadz400
01-10-2008, 07:35 PM
So thats why you own a YFZ?

I used to own a 400EX. I drag raced on a friend's 400EX against my other friend's YFZ and could outrun him no problem each time. I'm just playing around pointing out that different drivers make a huge difference.

Toadz400
01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
You just dont get it do you dude. and your STI is still a impreza..

A c6 z06 can hit 10's with just radials and a damn good driver who can get to the 60 foot in under 1.5 . So before you go ragging on a z06 with mod's getting beat by a lightly modded evo, realize the fact that you are an idiot..

You dont get my comparison do you?

I can take my SRT4 and romp your STi.
- but its still not a STi and isnt as nice.

I can take a STi with a few mods and beat a z06.

- But its still not as nice as a z06.

I can take a z06 and beat lambo's , ferrari's and such.

- but it still isnt as nice as one.

do you get my point now?

This is exactly the point I was trying to make also...

FHKracingZ
01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Just to add a note on to this.

A C5 z06 ( 405hp )

You can purchase a c5 z06 for around 30k now a days, used of course with around 20k miles.

A WRX STi in good shape is around 25k used with less than 20k miles.

Here are the Nurburgring lap times for these two cars.. Lets throw the evo in there just for good measure to.

7:56* - 155.80 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ( 2004 )

8:24 --- 147.14 km/h -- Subaru Impreza WRX STi (sport auto 05/04)

ouch... thats a mear 28 seconds difference on THE TRACK.

Clearly these two are on two TOTALLY different levels.

And just for your enjoyment here is a video of a professional driver driving a BONE STOCK 2006 C6 Z06.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ttO4gIlyq6E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ttO4gIlyq6E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RideRed84
01-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Wow this must be most retarded thing I have ever read on this board. A Z06 will ***** slap the GT-R any day for the same amount of money and pick up more ***** than you would know what to do with. At the end of the say the GT-R is just a nissan and the Vette is a Vette. Chicks don't know much about cars but they know what a Vette is.

01-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow this must be most retarded thing I have ever read on this board. A Z06 will ***** slap the GT-R any day for the same amount of money and pick up more ***** than you would know what to do with. At the end of the say the GT-R is just a nissan and the Vette is a Vette. Chicks don't know much about cars but they know what a Vette is.

what every you say chief this convo is pointless

ECATV Raptor
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Anybody seen the new Lingenfelter Z06. It's pretty sweet. TT 427, 1300 RWHP. 0-200 in 18.34 seconds. Calculated top speed of 300 mph!
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfelter2006ZO6TTBGB.htm

RideRed84
01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Seems like it, but thats what you get when people argue something and they have no idea what they're talking about.

gun32boarder
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Seems like it, but thats what you get when people argue something and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Why don't you two both quit bench racing and realize they are similar when it comes to performance aspects. It would be a drivers race on the road course or strip.

KXRida
01-14-2008, 06:19 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/NISSAN_GT-R.JPG/800px-NISSAN_GT-R.JPG
3.8 TT V6
475 hp at ALL four wheels, 434 ftlbs of tourqe at all four wheels.
Top speed: 310 km/h (193 mph)
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.3 seconds
Standing 1/4-mile: 11.6 s at 190 km/h (118 mph)

The new ZR1 would fu*k that things day up.

KXRida
01-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
Anybody seen the new Lingenfelter Z06. It's pretty sweet. TT 427, 1300 RWHP. 0-200 in 18.34 seconds. Calculated top speed of 300 mph!

seeing how most of the lingenfelters are twin turbo's haha what would you expect? lol probably putting down about 25 psi of boost. Yah I still think my ranger could take it.

Toadz400
01-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor

Pshh, a Nurburgring tuned Subaru Impreza station wagon with the optional body kit and 6 ft wing would destroy that thing. It's still just a 'Vette:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ......:blah:

KXRida
01-14-2008, 06:32 AM
American Muscle? pshhhhhh that died awhile ago.
Hyundai has more muscle than the Americans.

2008 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 v8 - 300hp.
The new Hyundai Genesis- 4.6 v8 368hp.

Korean Muscle?:chinese:

just for you mr. vtec tt yfz. I thought of these when I read this post.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/l_0325da6c56656cf527c21e22b9287268.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/l_64769c65ebf4bd168174936b5e0bca25.jpg

KXRida
01-14-2008, 06:43 AM

I wonder if they can tune my truck to run 10's and do a 6:28 on the track?

01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
u americans with ur american egos you think anything american is the best well most american cars are made like crap and thats why import brands out sell any american car company

CorvetteZ06
01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm a fan a cars in general, and obviously every car has pros and cons, its darn near impossible to make a car thats perfect in EVERY way. we all know that imports are made well, and have a long life span, but corvettes have come along way, and to say that they cheaply made, is someone that is misinformed.

ZR1 has:

Carbon fiber fenders, hood, chin spoiler and splitter, rocker panels.

A tremec TR6060 transmission

An aluminum chasis with a magnesium roof structure, the roof panel is also clear carbon fiber.

The wheels are spun cast in italy.

Carbon ceramic front and rear brake rotors desighned for Ferrari

Brembo calipers all around.

Titanium valves, Forrged crank

Even the interior has hand sown leather on the doors, and dash.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I think this site is getting pretty ridiculous when it comes to cars. No matter what, every time somebody posts their car or truck it turns in to a import vs. muscle battle/argument. It's getting pretty stupid get this through your thick skulls yes we know that your V8 has more power than our tuner in stock form. But thats exactly the point. The meaning of tuner is cheap performance. Some of us can't afford a nice Mustang GT, or WS-6 firebird that comes stock, with high performance. Something i think that you muscle guys forget is that you pay 5 sometimes 10 grand more than what we do to just to be faster than us. Well if we had that extra 5 to 10 grand put into our 4 cylinders im sure/ know that the chit talking would slow down, but we dont have that money so it doesn't get to happen that often. But then there's us few that can afford it and get to brag. I'm not just a tuner either im into the muscle scene very much. Im building a SBC 355 right now that im puting into my 80' buick lesabre coupe. Its got 4.11 rear end on the way and fuel injection off of an LT1 soon as i get some more money. So dont think im biased to tuners. Everything has their ups and downs. Get used to it.:grr:

This is for you tuner haters just to show that when some of us do have the money to mod out that we are fast <embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=f57a866a-cc9a-4c74-b79c-9859011829e7" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br /><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f57a866a-cc9a-4c74-b79c-9859011829e7.htm">civic ek9 challengine domestics! </a>

Toadz400
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Import haters? How about all you American haters? It's a two way road, everyone has to hate something.

Polak - "u americans". Last time I checked New Jersey was a part of "america".

I think it's funny how people always rag on people who drive American cars and talk about how much we hate imports when it's really you , the import "tuners", who hate American vehicles and people who support them. Yes, I drive an American vehicle. Yes, it's not made of the finest qualities but it gets the job done darn it. Seriously, why does everyone have to argue back and forth about which one is better? I could care less if your import can waste my American 4 cylinder truck, I just use it to get from point A to B and it gets the job done cheaply. When I can justify how much more an import costs over an American vehicle I'll buy one. But for now I'll stick to my cheaply made American vehicles that have no problem making it to 200K+ miles because I could care less about luxury items plastered in my vehicle.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Import haters? How about all you American haters? It's a two way road, everyone has to hate something.

I think it's funny how people always rag on people who drive American cars and talk about how much we hate imports when it's really you , the import "tuners", who hate American vehicles and people who support them. Yes, I drive an American vehicle. Yes, it's not made of the finest qualities but it gets the job done darn it. Seriously, why does everyone have to argue back and forth about which one is better? I could care less if your import can waste my American 4 cylinder truck, I just use it to get from point A to B and it gets the job done cheaply. When I can justify how much more an import costs over an American vehicle I'll buy one. But for now I'll stick to my cheaply made American vehicles that have no problem making it to 200K+ miles because I could care less about luxury items plastered in my vehicle.

I know its a 2 way road. Thats why i said this site getting ridiculous whenever cars are brought up. Not just imports or just muscle cars. im not against either of them. like i said before everything has their ups and downs. Anything can be fast with the right driver too.

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
The rest of America likes to think of New Jersey as another country all together.
The days of Jap cars being superior to American days are over. Some examples for you are the 300c, CTS, and new malibu. Do some research, read a magazine. The "tuner" crowd can make a fast car with twice as much money so I say let them. Ignorance is bliss. But I would take any challenge on who could make a faster car for 10k. Give me an LS1 powered camaro against any crap box and for the money I guarantee it will be faster.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 10:48 AM
The rest of America likes to think of New Jersey as another country all together.
The days of Jap cars being superior to American days are over. Some examples for you are the 300c, CTS, and new malibu. Do some research, read a magazine. The "tuner" crowd can make a fast car with twice as much money so I say let them. Ignorance is bliss. But I would take any challenge on who could make a faster car for 10k. Give me an LS1 powered camaro against any crap box and for the money I guarantee it will be faster.

your forgetting though you payed probably 10,000$ for your 2001 or so LS1 camaro(around 60,000 mileage) or w.e you want. while you payed that much for your LS1 i payed 3900$ for an integra. If i put 6,100$ in mods to equal out the money situation. Whos going to be faster. The integra. Thats my point. It's irritating to see people saying well i'll put 10 grand into my LS1 and you put 10 grand into your B18 and we'll see who is faster. Your comparing apples to oranges right there. The price difference from the get go is way off so much you cant even compare them.

01-14-2008, 11:02 AM

yea i said you americans because i moved here from europe and i curently live in nj

KXRida
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
yea i said you americans because i moved here from europe and i curently live in nj

no offense or anything, but if you got problems with america, it sounds like something you need to take up with yourself.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM

or say somebody gave 2 people 10 grand to buy the fastest car with low mileage. One guy buys a t3/t4 turbo setup civic/integra/hatchback whatever he wants complete with cams, bigger throttle body, pistons ...the whole 9. versus that copletly stock LS1 that you spent 9, 10 grand on. you tell me which one is going to be faster:rolleyes:

FHKracingZ
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
im american through and through even though i drive an SRT4. lol.

If you think a stock LS1 camaro will run with a properly tuned turbo civic you my friend are as ignorant as bmw drivers..

People dont realize you 4cylinders are the 8cylinders of the 60's. You know them stories how your parents use to pick up old novas, impalas, and camaros and mod them for cheap. Well thats how it is today with the Hondas. You can build a low 12 second drag honda for under 10k, easy. Parts are numerous and CHEAPP!! LS1 parts on the other hand are very exspensive.

I love american muscle and my dad has a z06 and i love them. There just expsensive to build compared to 4cylinders.

And when it comes to pure grunt and power V8's will always whomp on 4cylinders, thats common sence.

Hondamaster5505
01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
The Honda Goldwing motorcycle is the only motorcycle made 100% in America:D

Just pointing out, a lot of "jap" cars are actually made in america too. Not 100%, but alot.

We get alot of American cars imported from japan where they have factories.

My overall opinion:

I LOVE CARS! Ill take whatever sportscar i can get my hands on.

ie: old corvette, wrx, rx-7, fiero, etc.

I REALLY love those rotaries though. What other cars can make that much power out of a 1L engine, lol.

As long as it goes fast, and handles alright, ill take it!

01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
no offense or anything, but if you got problems with america, it sounds like something you need to take up with yourself.

no i got a problem with some people who arent open minded they think anything american is the best when reality is different

Mean250r
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
no i got a problem with some people who arent open minded they think anything american is the best when reality is different

Wanna hear some thing awsome?! Were gunna be placing a ZR1 order this week! Have fun dreaming about your nissan. And to all the haters, "How are you gunna get a ZR1?" Selling this bad boy, Im thinking black? what about you guys?

Titanium
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM

If you think a stock LS1 camaro will run with a properly tuned turbo civic you my friend are as ignorant as bmw drivers..

People dont realize you 4cylinders are the 8cylinders of the 60's. You know them stories how your parents use to pick up old novas, impalas, and camaros and mod them for cheap. Well thats how it is today with the Hondas. You can build a low 12 second drag honda for under 10k, easy. Parts are numerous and CHEAPP!! LS1 parts on the other hand are very exspensive.

I love american muscle and my dad has a z06 and i love them. There just expsensive to build compared to 4cylinders.

And when it comes to pure grunt and power V8's will always whomp on 4cylinders, thats common sence.

i dont think you get what im saying. you spend 10 grand buying your LS1 that runs 12s or 13's stock when you spend 10 grand(including the car) on a tuner with a turbo, cams etc... that runs low 11's with better gas mileage. now if you were to take your 10 grand LS1 and add 10 grand in aftermarket parts its obvious who's gonna win.

KXRida
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
i dont think you get what im saying. you spend 10 grand buying your LS1 that runs 12s or 13's stock when you spend 10 grand(including the car) on a tuner with a turbo, cams etc... that runs low 11's with better gas mileage. now if you were to take your 10 grand LS1 and add 10 grand in aftermarket parts its obvious who's gonna win.

building a car to go fast and building a car to get decent gas mileage are two totally different things.

You give me 10 grand right now and I could build a car that would reem out most of the civics/integras what have you.

01-14-2008, 01:49 PM

typical american theory "the bigger the engine the faster the car"
:confused:

KXRida
01-14-2008, 02:12 PM
typical american theory "the bigger the engine the faster the car"
:confused:

run them engine for engine for engine no power adders (nitrous, turbo, supercharger) and see what happens. Yes the "tuner" will be lighter, but race on a slight up hill where you need torque.

Without forced induction or nitrous, those cars are nothing.

FHKracingZ
01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
No polak you jack***** its a proven fact that you can easily build way more power out of a V8 than a 4cylinder. Its common sence, twice the displacement.

You wont get a nice LS1 Camaro for under 10k with under 80k miles, trust me ive tried to find them.

And a 4cylinder thats built dosnt get that good of gas mileage either. One that turbo spools your gas mileage drops by more than half.

swampfoxsc
01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
The funny thing is that about a year or so ago, the Corvette lovers were talking trash about how everyone else had to turbo or supercharge their engines to make power and that the Z06 was naturally aspirated. Where are you now?

01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
No polak you jack***** its a proven fact that you can easily build way more power out of a V8 than a 4cylinder. Its common sence, twice the displacement.

You wont get a nice LS1 Camaro for under 10k with under 80k miles, trust me ive tried to find them.

And a 4cylinder thats built dosnt get that good of gas mileage either. One that turbo spools your gas mileage drops by more than half.

K lets look at the viper as an example has 10 cylinders 8.0 liters
and only 450hp compared to the new BMW M3's 4.0-liter V8 will make 420 horsepower. hmm 2 cylinders less and makes only 30hp less. AND the new supra which is eqquiped with a 5 liter V8 engine producing 450 hp and 383 lbs-ft of torque both cars are
N/A

:confused: explain

Titanium
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
building a car to go fast and building a car to get decent gas mileage are two totally different things.

You give me 10 grand right now and I could build a car that would reem out most of the civics/integras what have you.

your handicapped man im saying it will be faster while still having better gas mileage.;)

Titanium
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM

i know that it drops your gas mileage but its still better than most LS1's. One of my best friends has a T3 setup on a B18c1(gsr motor) and he gets 23 to 24 average. and thank you for pointing out that LS1 camaro's are hard to find under 10k it helps my theory out even more.

KXRida
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
your handicapped man im saying it will be faster while still having better gas mileage.;)

ah not always, I've seen your little srt4's get some pretty crappy mileage with big turbo's on them.

KXRida
01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
K lets look at the viper as an example has 10 cylinders 8.0 liters
and only 450hp compared to the new BMW M3's 4.0-liter V8 will make 420 horsepower. hmm 2 cylinders less and makes only 30hp less. AND the new supra which is eqquiped with a 5 liter V8 engine producing 450 hp and 383 lbs-ft of torque both cars are
N/A

:confused: explain

Where did you get 450hp? 600HP at 6000 rpm and 560 ft-lb torque at 5100 rpm... straight off of the dodge website.

not only that, the viper's compression ratio is 10.2:1 as the M3 is 12.0:1.

01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
thats probs the 8.4L but still thats twice the motor of the m3 and the specs are rubish

Mean250r
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
The funny thing is that about a year or so ago, the Corvette lovers were talking trash about how everyone else had to turbo or supercharge their engines to make power and that the Z06 was naturally aspirated. Where are you now?

Where are we now? Droppin bombs on a naturally aspirated motor. Just threw a blower on a legit motor. Can u dig it?! :devil:

KXRida
01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Where are we now? Droppin bombs on a naturally aspirated motor. Just threw a blower on a legit motor. Can u dig it?! :devil:

exactly, put a nice kenne bell on your 06 gt and that thing would be b*tchin!

Titanium
01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
ah not always, I've seen your little srt4's get some pretty crappy mileage with big turbo's on them.

i never said srt-4. that B18c1 is in a 91' civic hatchback. Last time i knew it was running a 11.7 quarter and its is daily driver and runs 23 to 24 mpg.

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Find where I said anything about a stock LS1 and who gives a damn about how many miles a car has? I can find a 98-99 Z28 for 5000 and put 5000 in to it. You can have your queer integra for 3900 and put 6100 in to it and I will drag you down the quarter all day long.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 04:50 PM

you obviously didnt watch the video i posted because our little "crap boxes" as you call them beat your LS1 with mods and still didnt cost near as much as the guy had into his camaro(including purchase price of both vehicles):devil: .

Titanium
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Find where I said anything about a stock LS1 and who gives a damn about how many miles a car has? I can find a 98-99 Z28 for 5000 and put 5000 in to it. You can have your queer integra for 3900 and put 6100 in to it and I will drag you down the quarter all day long.

i can see you buying a 98-99 with high mileage and a warn out motor easily for that price. and i hope you feel cool talkin smack on my integra over the internet.:eek2:

Titanium
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM

wait a minute i guess you could find a 98-99 camaro for 5 grand. a 6 cylinder one:eek2: .

01-14-2008, 05:10 PM
To bad his teggy would whip ur american pos when it comes to any turn :eek: drag strip thats bad ***:rolleyes:

Titanium
01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
thats something else to add. and this isnt directed towards you polak because your totally right about how my car is setup right now. i never said my car was fast so i dont want to hear from people that i said i had the fastest muscle car killer out there. but it will corner like a champ. I've got a set of skunk2 adjustable lowering springs under my car for increased handling. other wise my car is modded very mildly exhaust and intake(used to have an intake my stock one is back on for now traded the cold air for a set of speakers).

FHKracingZ
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
When it comes to pure power and drag racing, a V8 is the way to go.

When it comes to low budget street racing ALONG with making it your daily driving, 4cylinders win all day long..

Hahahaha a Z28 w/ LS1 for 5,500... i bet you could barely drive that car home it would be such a pos.

If you knew anything about camaros you would know LS1 Camaro's hold there value VERY well.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM

When it comes to low budget street racing ALONG with making it your daily driving, 4cylinders win all day long..

Hahahaha a Z28 w/ LS1 for 5,500... i bet you could barely drive that car home it would be such a pos.

If you knew anything about camaros you would know LS1 Camaro's hold there value VERY well.

finally someone understands me. i like your style.:cool:

01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
When it comes to pure power and drag racing, a V8 is the way to go.

End of topic.

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Here you go retards
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843652
And before you idiots tell me it's exactly 5000 you can get the car for at least 5500 and that still leaves enough money to make it faster.

I really can't take any of you Johnny Ricers seriously. I'm also pretty sure a Z28 handles a hell of a lot better than an integra.

FHKracingZ
01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
im not a import guy at all just a honest person. and i can truthfully say Camaro's dont handle that well, lol.

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
i can see you buying a 98-99 with high mileage and a warn out motor easily for that price. and i hope you feel cool talkin smack on my integra over the internet.:eek2:

Well now that I proved you wrong I hope you feel cool driving around your super cool honda. I bet you even get a little chub when you beat a 260 hp mustang. Oh, and I feel real great when I talk smack about your big tough guy 4 cylinder.

01-14-2008, 08:37 PM

I don't know why you guys are still arguing... That post^^ pretty much sums it up.

01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
camaro's handle well lmao wow dude u got some research to do

FHKracingZ
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
camaros handle well because there a sportscar...

There are very few American cars that handle GOOD , fyi ... z06, ZR1, ford GT, dodge Viper, and such.

I am willing to bet alot of money that my lowered SRT4 with Hein Springs and a few performance mods will hand alot of camaros there *** in a Autocross event.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Here you go retards
And before you idiots tell me it's exactly 5000 you can get the car for at least 5500 and that still leaves enough money to make it faster.

I really can't take any of you Johnny Ricers seriously. I'm also pretty sure a Z28 handles a hell of a lot better than an integra.

hey c*ck snot the only reason that thing is cheap is because its on a rebuild title. still pretty surprising to find it for that cheap.

Titanium
01-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Here you go retards

i'm not a johnny ricer either. If you read my previous post im just as much into american muscle as i am imports. im just trying to prove that import tuners aren't as worthless as you make them out to be. and like i stated before if we were so worhtless then why would a turbo'd 4 banger like in the video be whooping up on your LS1 camaro. and i do feel cool cruising around in my acura. you know why? because i like it. you may not but that doesnt matter because its my money and i payed for it myself. not you. I never once accused you of driving gay car or retarded underpowered car like you did me. So i dont know why your acting so tough on the internet. Maybe because you lack a little something between your legs so you have to act tough on the internet to make up for it.:eek:

p.s: grow up:scary:

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
camaro's handle well lmao wow dude u got some research to do

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28362
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070727224548AAIdF3W

No, you do. Look at the skidpad numbers. Since I'm guessing you don't know what that means a skidpad is a large, circular area of flat pavement used for various tests of a car's handling. The most common skidpad use is testing lateral acceleration, measured in g.

RideRed84
01-14-2008, 11:06 PM
i'm not a johnny ricer either. If you read my previous post im just as much into american muscle as i am imports. im just trying to prove that import tuners aren't as worthless as you make them out to be. and like i stated before if we were so worhtless then why would a turbo'd 4 banger like in the video be whooping up on your LS1 camaro. and i do feel cool cruising around in my acura. you know why? because i like it. you may not but that doesnt matter because its my money and i payed for it myself. not you. I never once accused you of driving gay car or retarded underpowered car like you did me. So i dont know why your acting so tough on the internet. Maybe because you lack a little something between your legs so you have to act tough on the internet to make up for it.:eek:

p.s: grow up:scary:
Since when is arguing with some one on the internet acting tough. You made a lot of stupid comments and have been proven wrong be so stop trying to make it sound like I'm "acting tough". I may not have as big of a package that you prefer on men but that's no reason to get a bloody tampon about it. My point is that american cars are still the best to modify and race and I'm sorry but 12's for 10,000 doesn't seem to be too impressive. You try real hard to not be a ricer, but I'm sorry you need to just look at yourself in the mirror and realize that you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are. Once you can be honest with your self things will get better. I promise.:)

KXRida
01-15-2008, 05:18 AM
hahaha you guys make me laugh. Honestly, how many of you are going to race someone else randomly on a track? Probably none. If you would do a race, it'd end up being on the street and therefore I'd take an ls1 hands down.

Some kid here had a civic with basically everything including a 50 shot done to it, but a turbo. Needless to say he ran a 13.1. My buddy's very mildly modded 99 gt beat him and he bought the car for $7500 and put maybe $3000 into it compared to that blender on wheels where he quoted "an estimated $8500" into the engine and I'd believe him. It's was pretty well done up, but then again what do you expect? After all it is like a 16 second car stock.

just for you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1re-yp2EXxk

FHKracingZ
01-15-2008, 07:14 AM
KXRida you are so off base its not even fun. First off the car that passed them 2 cars is a COBRA, not a mustang GT, there is a huge difference and they must not be considered just a mustang. A cobra is a 12 second car STOCK and you CANT touch one for under 23k.

Second off, you must be a virgin when it comes to any kind of car because you would know that it dosnt matter how much stuff you put into your car its all about how you tune it. I beat a srt4 with a 50trim, cams, intake, PCM , boost controller , full ingen exhaust, and a wastegate. But he just got it done and didnt have it tuned. That is a EASY low 12's depending on traction.

A honda B series or K series motor with all MOTOR and no turbo without nitrous IF tuned right can run high 12's and thats usaully less than 2k in mods.

Ive also seen a boosted civic run 14's with a good driver. Its all about how you got your car SETUP. Its just like ATV MX. You can spend $5,000 on suspension but if its not setup for your weight you mias well throw it on the ground.

Get my point yet?

Titanium
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Since when is arguing with some one on the internet acting tough. You made a lot of stupid comments and have been proven wrong be so stop trying to make it sound like I'm "acting tough". I may not have as big of a package that you prefer on men but that's no reason to get a bloody tampon about it. My point is that american cars are still the best to modify and race and I'm sorry but 12's for 10,000 doesn't seem to be too impressive. You try real hard to not be a ricer, but I'm sorry you need to just look at yourself in the mirror and realize that you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are. Once you can be honest with your self things will get better. I promise.:)

you can be in the 11's for around 3 grand in parts in my car. my friend spend that amount in his car like i previously mentioned he is running an 11.7 and he has the same motor/tranny combo as i do. so i never said you would be in the 12's with spending 10,000. if you know how to spend the money right you can have a bad a*s turbo teg if you spend 10,000 all together.

RideRed84
01-15-2008, 07:48 AM
you can be in the 11's for around 3 grand in parts in my car. my friend spend that amount in his car like i previously mentioned he is running an 11.7 and he has the same motor/tranny combo as i do. so i never said you would be in the 12's with spending 10,000. if you know how to spend the money right you can have a bad a*s turbo teg if you spend 10,000 all together.
All I'm saying is that with a little hunting it is very possible to find a 6 speed LS1 camaro for around or under 6k. It may have 100,000 miles or need something cosmetic but it will be a solid running car. With the 4k you could do heads/cam and exhaust and run deep into the 11's. If you wanted to run a really lopey cam and have a real choppy idle it is possible to run 10's. Just seems like a better deal to me.

RideRed84
01-15-2008, 07:50 AM
KXRida you are so off base its not even fun. First off the car that passed them 2 cars is a COBRA, not a mustang GT, there is a huge difference and they must not be considered just a mustang. A cobra is a 12 second car STOCK and you CANT touch one for under 23k.

Second off, you must be a virgin when it comes to any kind of car because you would know that it dosnt matter how much stuff you put into your car its all about how you tune it. I beat a srt4 with a 50trim, cams, intake, PCM , boost controller , full ingen exhaust, and a wastegate. But he just got it done and didnt have it tuned. That is a EASY low 12's depending on traction.

A honda B series or K series motor with all MOTOR and no turbo without nitrous IF tuned right can run high 12's and thats usaully less than 2k in mods.

Ive also seen a boosted civic run 14's with a good driver. Its all about how you got your car SETUP. Its just like ATV MX. You can spend $5,000 on suspension but if its not setup for your weight you mias well throw it on the ground.

Get my point yet?

Dude that Cobra was like a 96 and a convertible to boot. That thing barely cracks 13's, it is no where near 12's.

Titanium
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
put a t3/t4 turbo on which supports upwards to 600hp. you can buy one of those used for cheap cheap cheap and buy a (90$) rebuild kit for cheap too. in all you could buy it and do the rebuild on it for probably around 350$. After that you spend about 150$ on a custom downpipe. then you spend about 200$ on a turbo manifold for your car. Then you can yank a intercooler out of a wrecked car from salvage for about 75$. Then about 30$ for a good BOV. about 100$ for a decent oil line kit. spend 130$ on a new fuel rail. and about 230 to 250$ on new injectors. 150$ for a decent fuel pump. spend another 150$ on a good fuel regulator. now we're somewhere around 1500$. i still have 1500$ to spend. after this i'd spend 670$ for brand new skunk2 stage 3 cams. then spend about 300$ on forged pistons off ebay. add 200$ for a nice throttle body. spend another 250$ for a skunk2 intake manifold. this takes us a little over 3000$ but you could add a 10lb bottle of Nitrous including the kit for it for about 500$. that setup is pretty close to what my friends hatchback runs. if i ever turbo my car i'll probably run something similar to this.

im not sure how much psi he's running but i do know that he's not running his max psi yet.

KXRida
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Get my point yet?

reguarding your first statement... I was talking about my buddy's car being a gt, not the cobra in the video. Also, that year of cobra wasn't supercharged fyi. As for 23k??? too bad we just picked one up for $6500. hahaha a none supercharged cobra is barely a 12 second car. If I got traction I'd probably break into 12's, but not with street tires. I spin until I grab third. You play need for speed too much.

Sadly to say, my buddy's 99 gt will almost stick right with my 98 cobra, but for the money I have in my car, I'm happy with my investment.

You want a cookie for beating an srt4? Really they aren't that fast, but for an integra, that would be a good race.

I see guys like you on the street up here all the time and just laugh when you get wasted. I've seen a 351 ranger waste an sti, but then again the 351 isn't nearly close to stock, but it was kind of amusing seeing a lifted truck, with 35'' tires, a heavy duty transmission, and a transfercase blow the doors in of a hyped up car.

I used to not have a problem with import stuff, but all the guys up here put rims and a loud exhaust on and try to race everyone. In the end they just get made fun of.

FHKracingZ
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Ahh you know ford, that means nothing because newer gen for mustangs are a horrible platform for drag racing.

Anybody that knows newer cars do know that SRT4's even with a few mods if done right and tuned are no joke. Any turbo car stock is no joke.

and when im talking cobra im talking 03 cobras, those are mean. That 310 horse or so ford motor that is in yours is a good motor though. Around here, Mustang GT owners are the douches that buy exspensive v8 cars that run a mid 13 with a good driver and think they run the street.

I would LOOVE to run into your mustang on the street even with my SRT4, remember. dont get mad when a neon leaves ya behind.

KXRida
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Ahh you know ford, that means nothing because newer gen for mustangs are a horrible platform for drag racing.

Anybody that knows newer cars do know that SRT4's even with a few mods if done right and tuned are no joke. Any turbo car stock is no joke.

and when im talking cobra im talking 03 cobras, those are mean. That 310 horse or so ford motor that is in yours is a good motor though. Around here, Mustang GT owners are the douches that buy exspensive v8 cars that run a mid 13 with a good driver and think they run the street.

I would LOOVE to run into your mustang on the street even with my SRT4, remember. dont get mad when a neon leaves ya behind.

haha ok whatever yah gotta tell yourself. I'm not gonna like for what I payed for the car, I can't complain it's not bad at all. My brother's ranger will toasted the hell out of it though. As for them being bad drag racers, yes, the suspenions are horrible. As any fox body racer and they'll tell you the same thing. Either get subframe connectors or build a 4 link. I don't race, so I don't really care, I just couldn't pass up the deal.

ah man this is just down right cruel! Gotta love the ws6's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOEoYeS73Lc&NR=1

This is the cobra a picked up. Here's a sound clip, and the second is me messing with my buddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmj6AH23ayg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhRtb7rh8Nw

I'll try to find the video of my buddy's blown 347. He ran 11.79 on street tires. That b*tch moooooooooves.

KXRida
01-15-2008, 11:40 AM
taken from a camera phone...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9682215

Titanium
01-15-2008, 12:43 PM
haha ok whatever yah gotta tell yourself. I'm not gonna like for what I payed for the car, I can't complain it's not bad at all. My brother's ranger will toasted the hell out of it though. As for them being bad drag racers, yes, the suspenions are horrible. As any fox body racer and they'll tell you the same thing. Either get subframe connectors or build a 4 link. I don't race, so I don't really care, I just couldn't pass up the deal.

ah man this is just down right cruel! Gotta love the ws6's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOEoYeS73Lc&NR=1

This is the cobra a picked up. Here's a sound clip, and the second is me messing with my buddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmj6AH23ayg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhRtb7rh8Nw

I'll try to find the video of my buddy's blown 347. He ran 11.79 on street tires. That b*tch moooooooooves.

i'm not tryin to start an even bigger argument than there already is but that WS6 doesnt have much to brag about. The car he was racing against didn't even go an 1/8th mile. Obviously that hatchback had some problems.

fast as hell integra <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EdooP7tw_M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EdooP7tw_M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mustang vs. integra <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-zrbSsmz8Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-zrbSsmz8Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mustang vs. integra <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LyCPSpaj04&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LyCPSpaj04&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

then there's this B.A Lesabre that is pretty much exactly what im building. same year and everything except mine is White. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYDqt7q32g

RideRed84
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
C'mon how can you say the WS.6 has nothing to brag about? That thing left like a raped ape and you can hear the honda running the whole time but never see it. The hatch doesn't have problems, it's dog slow.

RideRed84
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Here is a girl beating up on an SRT-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQtbIZsVaGw

Titanium
01-15-2008, 02:05 PM
C'mon how can you say the WS.6 has nothing to brag about? That thing left like a raped ape and you can hear the honda running the whole time but never see it. The hatch doesn't have problems, it's dog slow.

you could hear the hatchback letting off. o well believe what you want.

01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
this is how good camaro's handle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wTnhvEtslRM

something to make us giggle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRAD0XoiXOI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsJOB4Xuiq4&feature=related

I dont really like to watch videos they dont mean anything to me its the driver who is responsible for 80% of wins

KXRida
01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
you could hear the hatchback letting off. o well believe what you want.

yah that ws6 was nothing special. That's why you drive an integra. Hell your yfz would probably wax that things ***.

KXRida
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
this is how good camaro's handle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wTnhvEtslRM

something to make us giggle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRAD0XoiXOI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsJOB4Xuiq4&feature=related

I dont really like to watch videos they dont mean anything to me its the driver who is responsible for 80% of wins

just curious, what do you drive?

http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01268/88/73/1268103788_l.jpg

RideRed84
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ArY8ADOdGLU

This is how good camaro's handle. Any body who knows any thing about cars knows that the camaro and firebird are some of the handling american cars. I'm sure that you have heard of a 1LE camaro that was built specifically for road racing and handled better than any viper. I never said that idiots don't occasionally get behind the wheel of one.

KXRida
01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
yah this is what happens when a civic hatchback goes over 40mph trying to race. Man it looked like the 4th of july!

http://a787.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_d5e74ac33085def3e76c11afad23fec2.jpg

Toadz400
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Anyone remember that the thread was about whether or not you would buy the ZR1 if you had the money to?

Who gives a crap about all this American vs. import stuff.

Let's get back on the subject of the ZR1 or just let the thread die like it should have before the arguing began. Seriously, we all need to grow up a little..some a lot.

XXXRACER165
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Well Well Well................. lets see if I had the money to buy a sports car, I wouldn't waste my money on this $h!t. I'd buy a Pagani Zonda R and beat the Nissan & Vette AND get more babes than both combined! Gotta love it.

ECATV Raptor
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
seeing how most of the lingenfelters are twin turbo's haha what would you expect? lol probably putting down about 25 psi of boost. Yah I still think my ranger could take it.
I know most lingenfelters are twin turbo, thats just the first one of their cars that they got that kind of power out of.

ECATV Raptor
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Well Well Well................. lets see if I had the money to buy a sports car, I wouldn't waste my money on this $h!t. I'd buy a Pagani Zonda R and beat the Nissan & Vette AND get more babes than both combined! Gotta love it.
yeah dude! Id rock the Koenigsegg CCR, or a Noble, somthing crazy like that.

Blue250X
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM

Hey wait. If we are going to fight and everything about which car is better, Imports or American, then shouldn't the SRT4 be on the side of the American cars?

Toadz400
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
Hey wait. If we are going to fight and everything about which car is better, Imports or American, then shouldn't the SRT4 be on the side of the American cars?

There shouldn't be fighting in the first place. Just makes you guys look like a bunch of little girls with all this middle school drama going on except it's about cars.

Just drive and shut up!

FHKracingZ
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
You dont get it, im on NO side. Im on the side of the people that are atleast some what intelligent, not ignorant dicks like some people on here.

I like how you said that girl was whooping on that SRT4 , When your comparing 2cars with around 550hp it dosnt matter what body they have because nothing under the hood is much stock.

Blue250X
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Whoa guys, easy does it...I don't know if either of you were directing any of those statements towards me, but I wasn't trying to start anything, just kind of pointing something out.

bigbadbubba
01-15-2008, 08:55 PM
ALL OF YOU ARE MORONS. ! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

WHO CARES!, WHO CARES THAT YOUR WRX CAN WAX A VETTE, OR VICE VERSA. IT'S STUPID. AND YOU GUYS ARE STUPID TO KEEP ARGUING OVER IT, YOU REMIND ME OF 3 YEAR OLDS THAT WHINE WHO HAS A BIGGER "BIG WHEEL" THEN THE OTHER. WHO CARES. YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO BEAT EACH OTHER UP OVER IT, AND YOU GUYS WON'T EVER REMEMBER THIS THREAD, IN SAY..... A MONTH!

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, SO HOW BOUT ALL OF YOU SACK UP AND QUIT BEING DICKS SO MAYBE KARMA GIVES YOU A BREAK.

SHUT UP, SHUT UP , SHUT UP, SHUT UP.

but please

SHUT UP !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

KXRida
01-15-2008, 09:00 PM

WHO CARES!, WHO CARES THAT YOUR WRX CAN WAX A VETTE, OR VICE VERSA. IT'S STUPID. AND YOU GUYS ARE STUPID TO KEEP ARGUING OVER IT, YOU REMIND ME OF 3 YEAR OLDS THAT WHINE WHO HAS A BIGGER "BIG WHEEL" THEN THE OTHER. WHO CARES. YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO BEAT EACH OTHER UP OVER IT, AND YOU GUYS WON'T EVER REMEMBER THIS THREAD, IN SAY..... A MONTH!

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, SO HOW BOUT ALL OF YOU SACK UP AND QUIT BEING DICKS SO MAYBE KARMA GIVES YOU A BREAK.

but please

SHUT UP !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

ah don't be jealous lol

Toadz400
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM

but please

SHUT UP !

That's basically what I've been trying to say, except in a nicer manner..

JOEX
01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
It's time to move on...:ermm: