PDA

View Full Version : MN Indoor (winter) Races

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Its cold here in MN so we take the racing indoors. Both my kids did well our first race weekend. My little guy placed 3rd overall both Sat. an Sun. against a group of larger CC quads. He finished behind a Pred 90(2nd place) and an Outlaw 90(1st place) both of whom we travel with and are very close to. The kids he beat were on China quads(110cc and 90cc). My daughter also placed 3rd overall Sat. and Sun. She had a fun weekend of racing. Sunday she got out of the gate great in the first moto and had a strong second place finish. Dad was VERY excited. The second moto wasn't so good. She got pinched off in the first turn and had to run hard to catch up. She ended up fourth for the third overall. It was the best race of the weekend as all the kids started hitting the big double which only the second place kid and my daughter had been trying all weekend. I must give props to the kid who finished first all weekend. His quad is running FAST and he never lets off. He's the kid shes trying to run down and hopefully she can soon. Heres a few pics.

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Another

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Little Man against his buddy on a Pred 90.

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
takin a corner.

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
My favorite pic...T

The start on Sunday. #33 was the overall winner of the weekend.

wvspeedfreak
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks like alot of fun :macho

Nichols Atvs
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Awesome pics Kevin You made my night with this post Thanks

tireman43
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks. It was a fun weekend. We have our second round this weekend. Thank goodness it's closer. Only 1 1/2 hr drive instead of 4 hrs. The arena isn't half as nice but it's a race. :D I'll post results Monday.

dericsdad
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
You should come up to the Amsoil Sandbox Arena for the race this weekend! A little farther drive though. Only a 20 minute drive for me! Good luck this weekend, your kids look like they are having a lot of fun:D

tireman43
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
We might try to hit a Sandbox race yet this winter. We have been racing Motokazie for the past 2 1/2yrs so we followed their indoor series again this year. Also the RHR arena is larger(sq ft) then Sandbox so it's cool. This weekend will be much smaller, but we are chasing points now.:D

Hope the racing is going well for you guys. Maybe we'll cross paths soon.

riding4fun
01-08-2008, 08:06 AM
That looks like a lot of fun. Tell them to keep up the good work.

tireman43
01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Well we had a bad weekend of racing. My daughter broke her frame on Saturday, so she ran the little guys 50 LC to keep points. Suprising enough she kept up well considering she was on a 50 and racing modded 90's. Never got lapped and 1 kid broke so she finished ahead of that rider. My little guy finished 5th Saturday and 7th Sunday with ZERO problems other then running against larger CC quads. We found a welder and some gussets later Saturday evening so we were able to get the frame back together for Sunday and then the swingarm gave us major problems. It was a brand new stocker(round) and she got the holeshot but as she rounded the finish line and headed for lap 2 the chain came off and the chain was very loose. She limped to the finish in last. I didn't have time or the patients to change the swinger so we tightened it up tight and she again got the holeshot but it fell off before she could make a full lap. She limped to the finish and we loaded up for home. Little man had a lot of fun and ultimately that is what matters to me. He is just out riding around and getting used to his new machine. When he wants to it will go like he** but I let him ride his own race and do what he fells comfortable with.

I'm not going into blaming the swinger for the bad weekend as I am smarter then that and know of the problem and the fix. It is still frustrating but it happens. I just know I will be more prepared next time. Have a good one.

Kevin

riding4fun
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Kevin,

Sorry to hear that. The good news is there are plenty more weeks of good riding ahead.

Darrell