PDA

View Full Version : FMF Mega Max

Porkchop
11-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Is it any good? worth the money? sound good?

Atreyu
11-12-2002, 09:20 PM
sounds good dont know how it performs

danney f
11-13-2002, 12:46 AM
I have the mega max on my 300 and love it. Its pretty loud, but my buddy has a wb e series on his 400 and its a lot louder than mine and a deeper tone too. But there's about 100cc differance there also.

300exryder
11-13-2002, 06:01 AM
i have the megamax and there is definitely a noticable power increase. i love the sound too -- you can tune it to what you want but it isnt that loud to begin with

11-13-2002, 01:34 PM
My friend bought one, the screws fell out and snapped off, the chrome header turned blue and purple on the first ride. Sound was decent but it didn't really feal alot more powerful. I like the WB's , HMF, PC T-4, CS much better. But it is still an OK pipe just not what I would choose.

danney f
11-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Killer250r
Did your friend rejet when he added the pipe? If not thats the reason why it turned blue and you really couldn't tell a differance in the power. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it only turned blue at the begining becuase I hadn't rejeted. Once I rejeted, cleaned the head pipe and reinstalled it, it's never changed blue again and it made a world of differance in the power when I got the carb dialed in.

O' and I just love the sound it makes when your in 1st or 2nd and you blip the throttle. How do you type out the sound Tim Allen makes? Well insert that there.

11-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Yes he rejeted, properly. I said I didn't notice alot more power not none at all. And as for the turning colors it was just from he heat of the engine not a bad job jetting.

PS it was the megamax II if that makes a difference.

ChadEXer
11-15-2002, 02:12 PM
I dont know about for a EX, but I had one on my old Foreman and a hole about the size of a baseball burned through the pipe!!! And it was jetted perfect!!! They are decent pipes but there are many I would choose before it!

Team Outlaw #34
11-15-2002, 02:13 PM
I think it sounds cool....and looks pretty good

swamprider7
11-15-2002, 04:02 PM
don't get the megamax. i almost bought one for my 300ex. A couple of my friends have them and were disappointed with the power gains. I ended up getting the wb e-series pro meg. It sounds much deeper than the megamax and it (along with the dynojet kit) made a HUGE difference on my 300. Dont be fooled into thinking the megamax it is better performing because it is full system. My friends also had dynojet kits so their 300ex's were jetted correctly also. Go with the white brothers, you won't be sorry.