PDA

View Full Version : 300EX submerged in water, HELP!

JfromChatt
01-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Please help, offer any advice you can!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331417

THANKS!!!

04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
this is what i did when i flooded mine sit it on its rear tires so it rests on them and the rear grab bar take air box lid of let all water drain out then change the oil until its pure oil first oil change it should look milky ish if it cut of while pushing gas and it being under water ur probably gonna need a new batery message if u need any more help

bradley300
04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
change the sporak plug, change the oil a few times and it will be alright, just change your oil a little sooner the next few times to get all the water out

01exrider 281
04-22-2008, 07:11 PM
after changing all fluids pop the header off, spray some starting fluid into the head and turn it over (if it even has spark), then it will probobly run for a few seconds and shut off, then pull the plug out and spray it with carb cleaner, put the plug back in and spray more starting fluid into the cylinder and repeat these steps until stays running. then put the exhaust back on and run it then drain the oil and put in a new oil filter. then you should be good. this does work my friend sunk a 65 into a pond and the bottom end was full of water it ran good after that. and his sat for a month or 2 with the water in it.

hope this helps and good luck

tyler