PDA

View Full Version : Best paintball gun for a rookie

quadracr
01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
The last time I played paintball I used a Splatmaster. That will tell you how long it's been.
I'm looking to get back into it so I'm looking for a gun that has some nice features and yet allows mods as I get better and want to sink money into it. Hit me up with some info and pics.

Robin Hood
01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
If you're just starting out again, grab a tippmann 98 custom or an A5. Most reliable/customizable gun for woodsball. If you're going to get into speedball/sup air, grab a Smart Parts Ion or a Proto Matrix.

Robin Hood
01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silver-invert-mini-perfect-condition_W0QQitemZ220188116789QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 16048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, check out Invert Mini's. Lightest, most versatile marker that I've ever played with.

quadracr
01-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I appreciate the info. I am more into the hunt and kill sport of woodsball than blasting off 5000 balls and hope I hit someones toe sticking out. I'm not saying anything bad about it, I've just never played it. I enjoy the thrill of having a limited amount of ammo and you have to save it.

Scooter86
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
If you are going to definately get back into it, just buy a matrix based on your budget. Hard to go wrong with them these days. I have always been partial to Angels but you can buy plenty of guns that will shoot just as fast and straight for a lot less $$.

Scooter86
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Actually, you should try the faster guns anyway. You can always put a mini hopper on it and play that way. No one says you HAVE to put out a lot of paint.

quadracr
01-06-2008, 10:40 PM
OK you kinda lost me, Matrix is a type of gun? Angels is also? I don't mind spending the money especially since I'll probably buy used. I don't need the best, but I want mid range or slightly better. What are some guns that fit that bill?

77rigid
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I would get a Tippmann A5 if woodsball is what your looking to play.It is very reliable,easy to maintain,parts are plentiful and it will last you forever.There are tons of aftermarket parts for them so you can customize it to your playing style.Just my .02

Robin Hood
01-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by quadracr
I appreciate the info. I am more into the hunt and kill sport of woodsball than blasting off 5000 balls and hope I hit someones toe sticking out. I'm not saying anything bad about it, I've just never played it. I enjoy the thrill of having a limited amount of ammo and you have to save it.

I understand. Grab a Tippmann A-5 then. You can pretty much do anything with them. Between that and a Tippmann 98 custom, you can't go wrong. If you need more range, you can slap on a barrel called the Flatline which puts a backspin on the ball to carry it a further distance. The options are unlimited.

Before you go out and pick one up, I'd check out Pbnation. It's a forum webpage like this except it's dedicated to paintball. You could probably pick one up for half price there. Ebay also works wonders. :p

TWISTED
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I've been playing since '91, and have tried alot of different guns. For a beginner that doesn't want any problems and doesn't wanna spend a fortune, definately try a Tippman....... You won't go wrong...

Mean250r
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silver-invert-mini-perfect-condition_W0QQitemZ220188116789QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 16048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, check out Invert Mini's. Lightest, most versatile marker that I've ever played with.

no, They at 400 bills, u can pick up a new PMR with a UL frame that will ice that thing, dont get me wrong, its a great gun, but not for 400. If ur lookin for a n00bie gun, go with the smartparts ION

hondarider101
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
smart parts ion all the pros use em as backup guns the best gun for 200 $ and there are alot of upgrades for em to.!

dirtbike&quad
01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
www.pbnation.com for all ur needs, lots of great info there, just stay away from the dumb ones..

pro-rider46
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
i have a tippmann custom pro, it also has the e trigger, and i think that gun is perfect for the intermediate, and has a bunch of different settings, so you can set it up for blasting, or woods ball, i keep mine on 2 shot per pull, you pull it fast it shoots two, pull it once, and let go about a .25 second later, it shoots one only, good for your woods hunting, and good for when the whole team suprises you. take a look at em, great gun, also has the anti ball chop system, which means, very little jamming.