PDA

View Full Version : Excessive white smoke

jdmls88
01-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a 2000 blaster no mods and I feel its smoking way too much. I know 2 strokes smoke but this seems almost too much. I basically leave a trail of white smoke behind me as I go through the trails. Any ideas?

420ripper
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I no that when your engine is burning motor oil its a blue smoke. But with your problem maybe its time for a top end rebuild. get a new piston, piston rings and gaskets. thats my idea but wait untill other people leave posts to help you out. i could be wrong.

jdmls88
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
if it helps any im using yamalube and im about 500 ft above sea level

C-LEIGH RACING
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
If you still have the oil injection system hooked up, could be the engine is getting more oil than needed for your type of riding.

Sometime slower types of riding will cause fuel/oil build up in a stock two stroke & once the engine gets up to operating temps the smoke will be more because its trying to burn off the excess.

Might can try riding in places where you can open it up & ride it hard or may need to jet the carb.
I cant remember if the oil injection system on a blaster engine has an adjustment or not, may could check into that as well.
Neil